Author Topic: Hospital Crisis Data  (Read 97 times)

Offline james03

• Major
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
  • Religion: Catholic
Hospital Crisis Data
« on: January 19, 2022, 02:24:29 PM »
If anyone says we need to vax to avoid a hospital crisis, this is a good data source.  There never was a crisis.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/hospitalization-7-day-trend

The source is John's Hopkins.  Typical university run by the hard left. 
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

The following users thanked this post: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Offline diaduit

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
Re: Hospital Crisis Data
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 02:31:42 PM »
I see for the same January period in 2020 there were less ICU covid beds in use by 5%.  So what happened in 2021 that drove up the covid ICU admissions....anybody!! anybody!!!

I'd love to see those figures of vaccinated v's unvaccinated admissions - recovery or death!!

Offline james03

• Major
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 03:04:31 PM »
One thing I missed.  Check out the blue "non covid" bars during 2021 and 2022 flu season (basically January).  THEY DROPPED!  Looks like 2022 is going to be another magical flu season where it just disappeared. 
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Offline Severinus

• Hellebardier
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 03:52:06 PM »
ICU capacity looks to be the main argument they have left at this point. It's a fairly good one for them, because to the layman it's basically a black box: most of us don't have access to ICUs, can't easily locate historical ICU capacity data for comparison, don't have detailed information about the human resources capacity, and so on. What data we do have on occupancy looks to be noisy if not simply junk, due to the classic with vs. from distinction and the differential testing of vaccinated and unvaccinated inpatients. Narrative makers can lean on these epistemological pressure points to create the illusion that we just have to take their word for it.

Despite this, it continues to surprise me that anybody takes it all that seriously. Where are the concerted efforts to drastically beef up ICU capacity? Even in socialized countries the efforts have been lackadaisical. That's on the "supply side" of the issue.

On the "demand side," where are the systematic outpatient and early treatment programs? There are second and third world countries with more sophisticated programs of this type than we have in the developed west. It is fundamentally mendacious to belabor the ICU capacity point while refusing to establish simple programs that would alleviate demand.

Finally, on a more philosophical level, the regular order and operation of society cannot be made to hinge on the capacity of a small wing of the modern hospital system. The ICU is not some fundamental pillar of collective life. On the contrary, what is really essential is the happy and free gathering of families, friends and neighbors, the handshakes, hugs and smiles, the sharing of meals and of religious and cultural celebration, and underneath of it all the daily churning of the economy and the arduous effort of truly useful working men. But technocrats who understand nothing but bare life and its medical requirements are demanding yet again that all of that be sacrificed for the sake of this social construct called ICU capacity. It is courting disaster.

The following users thanked this post: diaduit, GaudeMariaVirgo, ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez