Is COVID the greatest spiritual battle of our times?

Started by Kaesekopf, January 19, 2022, 12:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

A poll to gauge the attitudes of the posters with respect to the COVID.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Jayne

Well, you're brave.  You started another Covid thread.   :cheeseheadbeer:
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

TerrorDæmonum

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Jayne on January 19, 2022, 12:09:22 PM
Well, you're brave.  You started another Covid thread. 

It is easy to be brave when one doesn't get involved with the discussions.

As I wrote before, I suspect he's running a sociology experiment or something, and these threads about the forum activities are a good indication that he is perhaps wearing a lab coat and holding a clipboard while he introduces new elements into the controlled environment.

Jayne

TerrorDæmonum

Algernon?

Now that I think about it, this forum might be run by mice, and they are doing experiments on us with it. There is precedent.

If I can get the theory that Kaesekopf is a mouse running experiments on us that would be great.

The name, the cheese, the controlled environment seemingly perfectly tailored for its subjects...it all makes sense.

andy

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

james03

I would have voted no, but you added "it's not important".  So I voted other.  ++Vigano thinks it is a spiritual battle.  But even he wouldn't call it the greatest spiritual battle.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

The Curt Jester

Considering that some people (yes, I said it, but I don't make those "rules" for how people post) have the opinion that people who do not take the "vaccine" are responsible for the deaths of those who die from covid, then it would seem that some people do think it is a major spiritual battle, but perhaps not in the same sense as I think the OP was mentioning.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

diaduit

Quote from: james03 on January 19, 2022, 01:17:07 PM
I would have voted no, but you added "it's not important".  So I voted other.  ++Vigano thinks it is a spiritual battle.  But even he wouldn't call it the greatest spiritual battle.

I was thinking the same....I would vote no but it is a prelude, roadmap to a significant spiritual battle.

Bernadette, whether you agree or not with remote cooperation and taking the vaccine, that is between you and your priest...how can you not see it is a conflict spiritually?

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

this page left intentionally blank

Prayerful

COVID restrictions saw the shut down of churches and their sacraments, without warrant. It cannot be a coincidence Francis has imposed a very radical mask and vax mandate. No access to or employment in the Vatican City without the jab. The Pfizer boss and him were probably sharing tips on crushing resistance to this corporate war on religion.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Jayne

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on January 19, 2022, 01:26:48 PM
It revealed which clergymen believe.

It is true that seeing the reasonable, prudent and nuanced statements coming from the SSPX increased my confidence in them, but I would not go as far as to claim that priests who said other things do not believe.

Baylee

Quote from: james03 on January 19, 2022, 01:17:07 PM

And the conciliar pope says it's a moral obligation.