Author Topic: Cardinal Murphy-O'Conner on the next Pope  (Read 823 times)

Offline dust

• Korporal
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Cardinal Murphy-O'Conner on the next Pope
« on: February 12, 2013, 08:11:01 PM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-pope/9864370/New-Pope-should-not-condemn-contraception-says-cardinal.html

“I don’t expect the next Pope to be a radical. Every Pope when he’s elected is not going to be elected to change what’s been handed down through the centuries.” Oh Really?

“This is going to be another conservative Pope – perhaps the last before a great explosion in the Church.”Oh I hope you are right dear Cardinal. only for a different explosion than you are hoping for!
"The Truth is still the Truth, even if nobody believes it, and a lie is still a lie, even if everybody believes it." ++ Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen
"Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris"

Offline Mithrandylan

• Doctor of Memeology
  • Feldwebel
  • PhD in Sarcasticology
Re: Cardinal Murphy-O'Conner on the next Pope
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 08:44:56 PM »
“I think that every Pope will face what needs to be faced and with regard to contraception I think the Pope won’t say the Church has been wrong the whole time. He’ll be saying there are ways…

Ways what?

“I think that the Church would be wise actually to focus on that in her teaching, rather than saying ‘we condemn this, we condemn that, or the other’. No – focus on what’s good and what’s true.”

Modernist gobbledygook.  God didn't strike down Onan for kicks and giggles.  This man is denying moral reality.  You have an action (intercourse) that can be performed morally or (gravely) immorally.  You can't focus on one and forget about the other.  That's like having a coin and saying, let's just focus on heads.  Tails still exists, you know...
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-