Good Bakken Vids

Started by james03, August 24, 2013, 06:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

I'm checking out some of these.  I'll post a few.

Good general overview:
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buErsfgGn3c[/yt]

Only thing missing is he should stress the need for good cold weather gear.  Polypro sock liners and holifil/polypro long underwear a must.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

james03

Nice video on rig work.  I agree with his statement, if you can't get a rig job, get an oilfield job for a few months, then reapply showing the oil experience.
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTbPPi3UkQk[/yt]
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

james03

Description of rig work.  This also applies to Texas and Oklahoma.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65-WRFCE5uw[/yt]

Bonaventure

I've seen these as well. They seem like good advice.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Heinrich

I was speaking to a lady whose husband was unemployed, family homeless abouts 2007. He did tech training, and now at 46 is grossing near 200,000 grand as a tech consultant in the Bakken. Two weeks there, two weeks back in CO. She said that there is about 15 years of solid extraction still availiable. Is this accurate, James?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

james03

I'd say ten years left.  Then there will be maintenance jobs for a long time after that.

xADDxDaDealer

Hi, I see you posted a video of mine (the top one) I figured I would join the forums and be able to answer any questions that people had about working in North Dakota.
Don't ask me a question, If your not ready for the answer....

xADDxDaDealer

Heinrich

Quote from: xADDxDaDealer on September 09, 2013, 02:55:29 PM
Hi, I see you posted a video of mine (the top one) I figured I would join the forums and be able to answer any questions that people had about working in North Dakota.

I have no designs on heading to those parts for work, but what are the minimum criteria a person needs to work at an entry level position? My son is 21 and has various construction and maintenance experiences.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

xADDxDaDealer

For a younger guy (assuming he is decent shape) I would suggest: Work Over Rig, Drilling rig, or Roust-About

Other good jobs are in a Salt Water disposal (SWD), solids handler (helps if he has some xp on heavy equipment), or Field Technician (pumper).

All these jobs should get him $20+/hr

Advantage of a Drilling rig or solids handler is that he will live on site so he does not have to worry about housing. They are hard work and he needs to have thick skin, the new guy is gonna be hazed pretty good at these jobs.

Anymore questions, or want more info on these let me know and I will try to help,
Matt

Heinrich

Thank you. What do you mean "hazed pretty good"? I understand that there are expectations for the new guy and the crap jobs are for the rookies, but are we talking about physical abuse, theft, and intentional harm(making said new guy perform unnecessarily unsafe tasks)?

xADDxDaDealer

No, he is just gonna get the crappy jobs, some nick name he will hate, and get told to do stupid things that don't need to be done.

Example: we once made the new guys hang stupid triangle flags from a man lift, told them it was OSHA required so people would see them. Then the had to use it all day with these stupid flags all over the place....

But some people cant seem to take simple jokes, and that stuff will happen.

Heinrich

Quote from: xADDxDaDealer on September 09, 2013, 06:34:04 PM
No, he is just gonna get the crappy jobs, some nick name he will hate, and get told to do stupid things that don't need to be done.

Example: we once made the new guys hang stupid triangle flags from a man lift, told them it was OSHA required so people would see them. Then the had to use it all day with these stupid flags all over the place....

That is all part of it. Like making the new guy find the brick stretcher or the set of left handed hammers on the construction site. All part of the passage.

per_passionem_eius

Quote from: Heinrich on September 09, 2013, 07:35:33 PM
Quote from: xADDxDaDealer on September 09, 2013, 06:34:04 PM

That is all part of it. Like making the new guy find the brick stretcher or the set of left handed hammers on the construction site. All part of the passage.

Women would never do this to one another, because someone would be crying in no time!

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the Catholic Faith.

http://fatherfeeney.wordpress.com/

Bonaventure

Hey Matt,

Welcome to the forum. I know some guys working out there, and have given it some thought myself.

If there was one piece of advice you could part to someone, what would it be?
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."