Jewish Plot Against The Church

Started by Gottmitunsalex, May 02, 2013, 02:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

Medieval kings saw Jews as their "property," and needed them to get loans.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

LouisIX

Quote from: Kaesekopf on May 08, 2013, 10:14:39 AM
So, who are the idiots that let the Jews take over banking?  Why didn't the Church or some clergymen step in and say "hey, wait a minute, let's make all this bank for ourselves?"

Well, the Church stepped in and tried to combat usury, but that is a very hard practice to stop, especially once it's sold to the people. 
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

voxxpopulisuxx

Aggressively destroying usury was how Mohamed got his cult going.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

LouisIX

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on May 08, 2013, 04:13:38 PM

Saint Louis attempted to eradicate usury from France.  He also had a Talmud burning.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

CoolCat

Quote from: LouisIX on May 08, 2013, 04:28:29 PM

Saint Louis attempted to eradicate usury from France.  He also had a Talmud burning.
The chart that's in the link Jaynek shared does mention a couple of instances where the popes ordered the different kings to burn the Talmud.
http://www.zionism-israel.com/hdoc/Papal_Bulls_Jews.htm

LouisIX

Quote from: CoolCat on May 08, 2013, 04:52:55 PM

The chart that's in the link Jaynek shared does mention a couple of instances where the popes ordered the different kings to burn the Talmud.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more of a historical smear campaign against Louis since he was such an "anti-Semite".

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: LouisIX on May 08, 2013, 04:53:56 PM

I'm surprised there hasn't been more of a historical smear campaign against Louis since he was such an "anti-Semite".
And all the pre-1958 popes as well. Remember that the Church didn't really start until 1965.
Everything before that was... "medieval"
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

LouisIX

Quote from: Gottmitunsalex on May 08, 2013, 08:01:15 PM

And all the pre-1958 popes as well. Remember that the Church didn't really start until 1965.
Everything before that was... "medieval"

"The Dark Ages"

So foreboding. 

Jayne

Did you notice in the article linked to above, that they were complaining that Pius V is still a Saint?  It was as if he should have been "uncanonized" after Jewish groups declared him an anti-Semite.  This sort of thing infuriates me.  These people act like they are in charge of the Church.  >:(
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

voxxpopulisuxx

Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Mithrandylan

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on May 09, 2013, 03:59:03 AM
They are...newchurch

I've thought of getting a facebook page to troll our local parish.  Back when we were in the diocese we ended up on an email list for facebook updates and "Catholic activism" esp. re: religious liberty.  A few quotes from some 19/20th century popes on their wall would get them pretty bothered.  And hopefully convert them.
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

VeraeFidei

Quote from: RealJayneK on May 09, 2013, 02:58:55 AM

Did you notice in the article linked to above, that they were complaining that Pius V is still a Saint?  It was as if he should have been "uncanonized" after Jewish groups declared him an anti-Semite.  This sort of thing infuriates me.  These people act like they are in charge of the Church.  >:(
I mean, St. Simon of Trent was effectively uncanonized. Same with, for example, St. Philomena and St. Christopher. I am pretty sure that is what they have in mind.

Jayne

Quote from: VeraeFidei on May 09, 2013, 09:30:06 AM

I mean, St. Simon of Trent was effectively uncanonized. Same with, for example, St. Philomena and St. Christopher. I am pretty sure that is what they have in mind.

That makes it even more upsetting.  :(

VeraeFidei

Quote from: RealJayneK on May 09, 2013, 11:42:29 AM
Quote from: VeraeFidei on May 09, 2013, 09:30:06 AM

That makes it even more upsetting.  :(
Yes, I agree. It is of a similar vein to Benedict XVI dispensing the Traditional Good Friday oration for the Jews in favor of a more ecumenical prayer (which was the rationale given by Him and Curial officials). Give anything and they just ask for more.

Jayne

Quote from: VeraeFidei on May 09, 2013, 11:48:59 AM
Yes, I agree. It is of a similar vein to Benedict XVI dispensing the Traditional Good Friday oration for the Jews in favor of a more ecumenical prayer (which was the rationale given by Him and Curial officials). Give anything and they just ask for more.

I can't stand that prayer.