1Peter5: picking up where Voris left off?

Started by Spooky, December 01, 2015, 08:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

I've been reading a lot of onepeterfive.com articles and I'm "friends" with Steve Skojec on Facebook. They're doing a lot of, in my mind, good work. And they aren't afraid of any of it. They'll go where Voris won't. (In my mind he ceases to be relevant; a shill for the "church of nice" he hates so much). Recently they published a story criticizing Bishop(?)Barron's response to the attacks in Paris. They got quite the backlash. http://www.onepeterfive.com/the-perils-of-popularity-critiquing-bishop-barron/

What are your thoughts about 1Peter5?

Parresia

They are doing good work, and Steve is a sincere Catholic who "get's it" when it comes to the Church, and in particular, this pontificate.  I don't always like the tone that some (one in particular) of their writers use, but for the most part, they are doing really good work.

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

dymphna17

I really appreciate the fact that they will "go there".  They will say out loud that the Emperor has no clothes.  Somebody needs to.  Souls can't be saved if you are going to go along to get along the way Voris does.  Satan likes to be hidden.  He does his best work that way.  If mankind is afraid to call evil, evil, he's free to continue creeping around the crevices of life, ready to trip anyone into his snares.  When someone is there to call him out and expose him, fewer people will fall into his traps.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Traditionallyruralmom

Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

TS

They are a voice of sanity in a Church that has fallen under the same politically correct spell as the rest of the world.

MichaelLofton

I use to write for cmtv and still write for 1p5 and would have to agree with the idea 1p5 picks up where cmtv left off. 

tradical

Agreed 1p5 has integrity and consistent principles that cmtv lacks.

I have found his perspective to be broad and fair.   A rare combination.

P3
P^3
Prayer
Penance
Patience

My Blog: http://tradicat.blogspot.ca/

Prayerful

Michael Voris has changed massively. One time he would have, say, Randy Engel to talk about her book Rite of Sodomy. That certainly focussed criticism on Popes from Pius XII onwards. Now the policy of not criticising Pope Francis ever and attacking Modernist leaning bishops is as fake as his hairpiece. It is also an instance of a Conciliar era abuse of Papal infallibility which hold the Pope to be inerrant in every word he utters. His SSPX attacks are beyond rotten.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

tradical

I was doing some searches and this post popped up.

My how times change - Steve Skojec lost the Faith.  Don't know about Voris, but CMTV is done.
P^3
Prayer
Penance
Patience

My Blog: http://tradicat.blogspot.ca/

Mushroom

Was Michael Lofton actually on this forum?!

diaduit

Quote from: tradical on March 05, 2024, 05:59:38 PMI was doing some searches and this post popped up.

My how times change - Steve Skojec lost the Faith.  Don't know about Voris, but CMTV is done.

Has he lost the faith or just left Tradland?

Greg

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"