Temporomandibular Disorder

Started by Bonaventure, June 19, 2013, 07:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penelope

Quote from: LouisIX on June 21, 2013, 08:00:51 PM
It's caused by stress, and it's stressful being a rad trad.

It's cyclical, too. The pain and anxiety about grinding one's teeth down to nothing causes more stress and can make the TMJ/TMD even worse.

Bonaventure

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on June 21, 2013, 08:02:56 PM
There shall be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but yourselves cast out. Luke 13:28

I finally understan the significance of our Lord's words. It is no joke.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Bonaventure

After one night of use, I've noticed that my bite is already different. My molars can't touch anymore, at least not the way they used to.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Jacafamala

Quote from: Bonaventure on June 22, 2013, 08:17:17 PM
After one night of use, I've noticed that my bite is already different. My molars can't touch anymore, at least not the way they used to.

I hope all is well now, tooth-wise and otherwise.

Proverbs 23 [24] If thou sleep, thou shalt not fear: thou shalt rest, and thy sleep shall be sweet. [25]
"I shall die with weapons in my hands."
-St Therese of Lisieux

Theophilus

I'm just curious.  Have any of you with this disorder had braces in the past? 
"Only little children and those who are like them shall be admitted to the Heavenly Banquet."–St. Therese of Lisieux
"Because he hath therefore scattered you among the Gentiles, who know not him, that you may declare his wonderful works, and make them know that there is no other Almighty God besides him."

Bonaventure

Quote from: Jacafamala on September 07, 2013, 06:57:31 PM
Quote from: Bonaventure on June 22, 2013, 08:17:17 PM

I hope all is well now, tooth-wise and otherwise.

Proverbs 23 [24] If thou sleep, thou shalt not fear: thou shalt rest, and thy sleep shall be sweet. [25]

Things are getting better slowly.

Bonaventure

Quote from: TTBG on September 07, 2013, 11:26:21 PM

I don't. The only thing that may have triggered it was a wisdom tooth extraction. I think they for we my jaw too much.

Theophilus

Quote from: Bonaventure on September 08, 2013, 12:15:34 AM

I don't. The only thing that may have triggered it was a wisdom tooth extraction. I think they for we my jaw too much.
So much for my hypothesis.  All the people I know who have had a similar problem had braces in the past (and stopped wearing their retainer) so I thought that was it.
"Only little children and those who are like them shall be admitted to the Heavenly Banquet."–St. Therese of Lisieux
"Because he hath therefore scattered you among the Gentiles, who know not him, that you may declare his wonderful works, and make them know that there is no other Almighty God besides him."

Penelope

Quote from: TTBG on September 08, 2013, 04:32:42 AM

So much for my hypothesis.  All the people I know who have had a similar problem had braces in the past (and stopped wearing their retainer) so I thought that was it.

I fit that description.

Theophilus

Quote from: Penelope on September 08, 2013, 07:41:21 PM
Quote from: TTBG on September 08, 2013, 04:32:42 AM

I fit that description.
Hhmmmm.... :shrug:

Kaesekopf

Had braces, grind my teeth, wear my retainer.

Forgot when the grinding started.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Archer

I had braces for 5 years and don't grind my teeth.  My wife never had braces, grinds her teeth, and wears a mouth guard. 

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Penelope

It might be genetic, perhaps? I'm pretty sure my dad grinds his teeth at night.

RobertJS

I would look at your diets, and what medications you are on. Medications are chemicals, and have side-effects. The diet today is largely comprised of chemicals, unless you go organic, even with beer and wine.
ideo mittit illis Deus operationem erroris ut credant mendacio

james03

Here's something I do.  Put your tongue between your teeth during the day when you are not talking.  Get's you into the habit of not clenching your jaw or grinding.  Worked for me.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"