The Church Door > Coffee and Donuts

Good bye

(1/5) > >>

christulsa:
I know Iíve said this before, as others have but Iíve decided to leave the forum for good.  I will not be posting again here.  My reasons:

1. Iím here mainly for fellowship.  There is very little real fellowship here most of the time, despite good intentions of many.

2. The petty unprovoked ridiculing, sniping, insults.  The near constant unprovoked sniping for the last 8 mos by Heinrich, with not a peep from others about it, is one example.  The dude recently revealed private judgments about me from supposedly local Trads in Tulsa he says he somehow talked to that say Iím not a good Catholic or masculine.   That would have to be Gardener since he lived here last year and is close friends with Heinrich. Thanks guys, mission accomplished.  There is no justification for that level of calumny, and no one called him on that except me. But Iím also guilty of the insults  before getting drawn into defending myself and others ďfighting back.Ē  As I did toward GoG who is obviously here to divide and cause harm.  Iím not without sin in this regard, but itís not a habit over the years, but rather being a peacemaker and one to build up rather than tear down.

3.  The worst acts of meanness and hatred are not uncommon here.  Worse, there is a tendency to support the instigator at least indirectly and to not defend those attacked. 

4. Trad priests have many times recommend avoiding these places.  From the pulpit. I should have listened to that advise.

5. The complete lack of moderation and uneven-handedness in tolerating the most extreme of trolls. 

6. Last but not least is the common promotion of attitudes and beliefs that are actually heresy/schism, leading readers to hell.  Whether itís Jansenism, Feeneyism, Radical Sedevacantism, The Catholic version of the Prosperity Gospel, or any other form of traditionalist fundamentalism.  This is extremely scandalizing for traditional Catholics. 

And to be clear, Iím not condemning individuals or making insults in this post, nor do I think the majority are bad Catholics, or Jansenists and narcissistic jerks. Most I find edifying here on an individual level apart from the setting, to be good Catholics.  And I do not pretend Iím a saintly Catholic to be followed.  Sincerely I wish you all well, and will pray for the people here. 

Peace and good bye.

Heinrich:

--- Quote from: christulsa on March 07, 2021, 06:52:46 PM ---The petty unprovoked ridiculing, sniping, insults.  The near constant unprovoked sniping for the last 8 mos by Heinrich, with not a peep from others about it, is one example.  The dude recently revealed private judgments about me from supposed local Trads in Tulsa he says he somehow talked to that say Iím not a good Catholic or masculine.   That would have to be Gardener since he lived here last here and is close friends with Heinrich.

--- End quote ---

Get over yourself, grow up and learn to be honest. See you in a few weeks.

nmoerbeek:

--- Quote from: christulsa on March 07, 2021, 06:52:46 PM ---I know Iíve said this before, as others have but Iíve decided to leave the forum for good.  I will not be posting again here.  My reasons:

1. Iím here mainly for fellowship.  There is very little real fellowship here most of the time, despite good intentions of many.

2. The petty unprovoked ridiculing, sniping, insults.  The near constant unprovoked sniping for the last 8 mos by Heinrich, with not a peep from others about it, is one example.  The dude recently revealed private judgments about me from supposedly local Trads in Tulsa he says he somehow talked to that say Iím not a good Catholic or masculine.   That would have to be Gardener since he lived here last year and is close friends with Heinrich. Thanks guys, mission accomplished.  There is no justification for that level of calumny, and no one called him on that except me. But Iím also guilty of the insults  before getting drawn into defending myself and others ďfighting back.Ē  As I did toward GoG who is obviously here to divide and cause harm.  Iím not without sin in this regard, but itís not a habit over the years, but rather being a peacemaker and one to build up rather than tear down.

3.  The worst acts of meanness and hatred are not uncommon here.  Worse, there is a tendency to support the instigator at least indirectly and to not defend those attacked. 

4. Trad priests have many times recommend avoiding these places.  From the pulpit. I should have listened to that advise.

5. The complete lack of moderation and uneven-handedness in tolerating the most extreme of trolls. 

6. Last but not least is the common promotion of attitudes and beliefs that are actually heresy/schism, leading readers to hell.  Whether itís Jansenism, Feeneyism, Radical Sedevacantism, The Catholic version of the Prosperity Gospel, or any other form of traditionalist fundamentalism.  This is extremely scandalizing for traditional Catholics. 

And to be clear, Iím not condemning individuals or making insults in this post, nor do I think the majority are bad Catholics, or Jansenists and narcissistic jerks. Most I find edifying here on an individual level apart from the setting, to be good Catholics.  And I do not pretend Iím a saintly Catholic to be followed.  Sincerely I wish you all well, and will pray for the people here. 

Peace and good bye.

--- End quote ---

I hope the best for you friend.

Peace and good bye.

Hat And Beard:
Hi Chris,
I think that there's a lot of wisdom in recognizing that posting on these forums is bad, especially this one. I hope you find better fellowship elsewhere.

coffeeandcigarette:

--- Quote from: Hat And Beard on March 07, 2021, 08:28:31 PM ---Hi Chris,
I think that there's a lot of wisdom in recognizing that posting on these forums is bad, especially this one. I hope you find better fellowship elsewhere.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, like in real life, and with your wife. Think about all the men who struck out west back in the day with only themselves for company for months at a time. Sometimes they had a wife with them and they two were a society unto themselves. I think they learned to really think, and gained wisdom. It certainly does strengthen your marriage to be so close and supportive of each other. You might find it better for your heart/soul/mind to do this than anything else; you will certainly learn more in the real world than here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version