Would it be wrong to be around them?

Started by TandJ, April 29, 2020, 07:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Quote from: christulsa on May 23, 2020, 05:04:29 PM
Which is why I'm taking a break from the forum, after this thread.   The little cliques using snark and insult to win daily arguments, thread after thread, is as unedifying as it is a ridiculous waste of time.

You love to announce your departure, but you never actually leave. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: John Lamb on May 23, 2020, 05:17:35 PM
My own mother has this mentality. I can't mention to her any way that she might have failed or neglected me because her immediate response is to turn herself into the victim by saying, "oh, so I'm the worst mother in the world." But of course I do not believe and could not suggest any such thing, and she makes out as though I'm accusing her and being unfair to her, in order to avoid looking at herself. This is the way mothers hide from their guilt.

Your mother sounds like my mother was.

You have my sympathies.
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

Jayne

Quote from: christulsa on May 23, 2020, 06:13:07 PM
Ok, I went ahead and changed that since I edited the original later than I at first said, so I can't prove you re-inserted it, even though it would be typical of you to do that. 

No it would not be typical.  I never do things like that.  False quotes are seriously dishonest.  I also would not lie about what I had posted. 

Your comments are clearly driven by dislike of me rather than any sort of realistic assessment of my character.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

christulsa

Quote from: Kaesekopf on May 23, 2020, 06:42:17 PM
Quote from: christulsa on May 23, 2020, 05:04:29 PM
Which is why I'm taking a break from the forum, after this thread.   The little cliques using snark and insult to win daily arguments, thread after thread, is as unedifying as it is a ridiculous waste of time.

You love to announce your departure, but you never actually leave. 

I think you may have misread KK. I didn't announce  I was departing the forum, but going to take a break from posting until probably Christmas to do other things.  It was Heinrich who coaxed me to keep posting on this thread, likely knowing my weakness that it'd be hard to resist. But your point is taken.  Not much more I can say in this thread.

By the way, when are you going to start moderating the forum?   Weeks ago you said you had plans as you said back in December and several times before that.   :shrug:

Graham

Quote from: christulsa on May 23, 2020, 07:26:08 PM
By the way, when are you going to start moderating the forum?   Weeks ago you said you had plans as you said back in December and several times before that.   :shrug:

Walked into that one lol

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Graham on May 23, 2020, 08:11:31 PM
Quote from: christulsa on May 23, 2020, 07:26:08 PM

Walked into that one lol
:lol:

That adults need moderating on a traditional catholic board says more about them than my laziness. 

But yeah, I need to get on that.   

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

christulsa

Just think how much internal peace and order you could restore to certain souls if you went to settings and clicked "delete forum."   :P   Might get Jayne out of the house!   Gardener would stop goofing off at work responding to posts about predestination!  Heinrich wouldn't have anyone to bully.  James03 could put more time into marketing his book so he gets more reviews than mine. Christulsa would be less butt hurt by bunker trad nuttiness!  Greg could make more $$$!   From personal experience it can definitely be an addiction. 

Gotta check to see how many "thank yous" one got since going to bed, if so-and-so is still arguing with so-and-so, if people agree with my analysis of the coronavirus, if my little clique is scoring points, yada yada.  If there was a way to cut out all the inane argumentativeness, and keep it on the level of disseminating information in a spirit of fellowship, I wouldn't be stopping in for my annual stint like I do then going back into lurke mode. 

But I don't expect there will ever be a trad forum that doesn't devolve into a digital religious Wild West (edit: except maybe Fish Eaters as of late which has become more hard line traditionalist but less "toxic trad" [Vox borrowed that term from me to make the list of toxic trad traits circa the good ol days of Impygate, if I remember I even clashed with a few here over that]. 

Jayne

Chris, you are a major source of "trad nastiness" on this forum.  If I were counting the number of nasty things you have said about me in this thread alone, I would have lost count by now.  If there were a prize for making nasty comments about Jayne, you would be a top contender.  (Note: I am not suggesting that we institute such a prize.)  And I am far from being your only target.

If you are as concerned about nastiness as you claim to be, you should stop worrying about the nastiness of alleged "bunker trads" and work on the nastiness of christulsa. 

And leave. Or don't leave.  But stop telling us that we are all so horrible that you are going to leave.  In the immortal words of Major-General Stanley (from Pirates of Penzanze),  "But you don't go."

(I do not claim that the above is fraternal correction.  It is me reaching the limit of personal attacks that I can ignore. I ran out of patience.  Perhaps I can restock at Pentecost, since patience is one of the fruits of the Holy Ghost.)

Heinrich

Quote from: christulsa on May 23, 2020, 10:19:41 PM
Just think how much internal peace and order you could restore to certain souls if you went to settings and clicked "delete forum."   :P   Might get Jayne out of the house!   Gardener would stop goofing off at work responding to posts about predestination!  Heinrich wouldn't have anyone to bully.  James03 could put more time into marketing his book so he gets more reviews than mine. Christulsa would be less butt hurt by bunker trad nuttiness!  Greg could make more $$$!   From personal experience it can definitely be an addiction. 

Gotta check to see how many "thank yous" one got since going to bed, if so-and-so is still arguing with so-and-so, if people agree with my analysis of the coronavirus, if my little clique is scoring points, yada yada.  If there was a way to cut out all the inane argumentativeness, and keep it on the level of disseminating information in a spirit of fellowship, I wouldn't be stopping in for my annual stint like I do then going back into lurke mode. 

But I don't expect there will ever be a trad forum that doesn't devolve into a digital religious Wild West (edit: except maybe Fish Eaters as of late which has become more hard line traditionalist but less "toxic trad" [Vox borrowed that term from me to make the list of toxic trad traits circa the good ol days of Impygate, if I remember I even clashed with a few here over that].

Do you have any friends in the real world?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Kaesekopf

Just think how much internal peace and order you could restore to certain souls if you went to settings and clicked "delete forum."

You're the only major complainer of the existence of this forum.  You come back and forth like a yo-yo.  And you're one of the more abrasive posters on this Forum.

Don't blame me for your personal or spiritual life and don't blame me for your lack of internal peace and order. 

christulsa

Quote from: Heinrich on May 24, 2020, 10:50:56 AM

Yep. And they're not trad assholes like yourself who thrive on bullying strangers online, Hun.

christulsa

Quote from: Kaesekopf on May 24, 2020, 12:31:13 PM
Just think how much internal peace and order you could restore to certain souls if you went to settings and clicked "delete forum."

You're the only major complainer of the existence of this forum.  You come back and forth like a yo-yo.  And you're one of the more abrasive posters on this Forum.

Don't blame me for your personal or spiritual life and don't blame me for your lack of internal peace and order.

Nice try. I'm actually not the only one. There are plenty who complain then leave and then cone back. Jayne and Greg are prime examples.

The only ones who think I have habit here of being abrasive are the little minority of assholes I've stood up to.  Like yourself.  Or those who might take their side when they start a shit fight over some issue.

I'll say it again. Forums tend to get dominated by a small minority of regulars who are weakened individuals in real life, like we all are, who develop online personas as being type A assholes to compensate for their real live selfs.  They hide behind usernames dishing out snark and meanness as if they think that is Catholicism.   It's a special case of religious narcissism.

Whereas the rest—the majority—are supposed to remain silent otherwise we get singled out like I was earlier in this thread.  It's as mentally sick as it is adolescent.  You're obviously ok with that, fine, it's your website.

Jayne

Quote from: christulsa on May 24, 2020, 01:50:07 PM

Nice try. I'm actually not the only one. There are plenty who complain then leave and then cone back. Jayne and Greg are prime examples.

Greg does not complain and whine and make a production out of leaving like you do.  He has taken breaks and come back.  So have I.

Neither of us has ever accompanied leaving for a break with a "you're all so horrible and I'm a victim" series of posts.  You are the only one.

Bernadette

Who insults the forum owner, on his own forum? That's beyond abrasive.
My Lord and my God.

Heinrich

Quote from: christulsa on May 24, 2020, 01:42:02 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on May 24, 2020, 10:50:56 AM

Yep. And they're not trad assholes like yourself who thrive on bullying strangers online, Hun.

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.