Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christina_S

Watched Rain Man over the weekend. The savant character's mannerisms and speech patterns reminded me of an autistic student that I worked with during my teaching practicum.

I don't know how this film came second to Twins with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito on opening weekend...
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

Tennessean

The last movies I saw was The Lighthouse. It was disgusting and stupid.

Bernadette

I'm watching The tree of Wooden Clogs on Amazon right now. It's a new translation, and I'm loving it.
My Lord and my God.

Philip G.

I watched the 1950s version of charles dickens' oliver twist.  It was pretty good. 
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Christina_S

Last night, in honour of it being the Twelfth Night after Christmas (aka Epiphany Eve), I decided to watch She's The Man, which is a modern take on the Shakespeare play Twelfth Night;D
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Fascination with Novelty

red solo cup

Ridley Scott has confirmed that the script for "Gadiator 2" is finished.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Heinrich

The Undefeated with J Wayne and R Hudson. Pretty good.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

FaithByProxy

Quote from: Tennessean on December 26, 2021, 10:59:19 AM
The last movies I saw was The Lighthouse. It was disgusting and stupid.

Ha, that was my impression when I saw it a while back too. I went in completely blind so I had no idea how gross it was. Filth parading as art, really annoying because I love a good art film.

Quote from: red solo cup on January 08, 2022, 11:52:58 AM
Ridley Scott has confirmed that the script for "Gadiator 2" is finished.

oh no

As for myself, the last film I saw was The Long Good Friday. Watched with hubby while folding laundry. A pretty enjoyable flick, recommended if you are into mob movies.
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.

Christina_S

We've been on a Spiderman kick! We watched all three with Tobey Maguire and started the Andrew Garfield ones on Sunday, but then I almost fell asleep halfway through the first one.

Fascination with Novelty

Melkor

Quote from: Christina_S on January 18, 2022, 06:36:28 PM
We've been on a Spiderman kick! We watched all three with Tobey Maguire and started the Andrew Garfield ones on Sunday, but then I almost fell asleep halfway through the first one.

The Toby ones are the best. I refuse to watch the other ones.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

red solo cup

Don't Look Up with DiCaprio and Streep et al. Mostly dumb but their portrayal of our obsession with social media was scathing and spot on.

Christina_S

Quote from: Melkor on January 18, 2022, 08:02:01 PM
Quote from: Christina_S on January 18, 2022, 06:36:28 PM

The Toby ones are the best. I refuse to watch the other ones.
10/10 agree with you. He balances the weight of superhero with average New Yorker the best. Garfield plays it too cool, and Holland, well, he's just a little goofy lol. The critics who say that he appears to always be holding a frog in his mouth are so right.

Fascination with Novelty

red solo cup

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

red solo cup

OK. First half was amusing. Second half sad.