Author Topic: Video: 5 Reasons to Become Christian!  (Read 355 times)

Offline Xavier

• Eternal Father, through Mary's Immaculate Heart, We Offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ in Atonement for our sins and those of the Whole World.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Slave of the Risen Jesus in the Holy Sacrifice.
    • Marian Apostolate Life Offering.
  • Religion: Roman Catholic.
Video: 5 Reasons to Become Christian!
« on: January 16, 2022, 04:57:21 PM »
Dear Friends, I just finished filming this video. Hope you like it. It is about 5 Reasons to become Christian, mainly Catholic Christian, but intended to edify and encourage all Christians generally, especially Persecuted Christians: (1) Eucharistic Miracles (2) Marian Apparitions, (3) Shroud of Turin, and then two points of encouragement beside the evidence (4) there are now 2.5 Billion Christians in the world, (5) There is a Crown of Glory waiting for those who believe in Him in Heaven, according to the Lord's Promise (Rev 2:10).

the channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsUu-Kxz3z1O5upi1fAvOZQ/videos

"Five Reasons to Become Christian.

My Article for Catholic Christian Publication, One Peter Five: https://onepeterfive.com/5-good-reasons-to-become-or-remain-a-catholic-christian/

I. Eucharistic Miracles: Proof of Almighty God's Infinite Power, to make Mere Bread His Most Adorable and Sacred Body, and change Mere Wine into His Most Holy Precious Blood, which washes all sins.

Documentation:

1. http://www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/lanciano.html
2. https://www.churchpop.com/2015/06/28/5-extraordinary-eucharistic-miracles-with-pictures/
3. https://dowym.com/voices/5-incredible-eucharistic-miracles-from-the-last-25-years/

II. Marian Apparitions: Heavenly Reminder from God Our Loving Father that, after the Great Gift of His Son and of His Spirit, God has also given us the Dear Gift of His Beloved Mother (Jn 19:27; Rev 12:17).

1. https://www.olrl.org/prophecy/ladyofg.shtml
2. https://olg.cc/about/about-our-patroness/our-ladys-image-on-the-tilma/
3. https://www.portugal.com/history-and-culture/what-happened-at-the-miracle-of-fatima/

III. Shroud of Turin: Miraculous Relic that contains a Photographic Negative of Lord Jesus Christ that could only have been formed by a Great Burst of Energy more powerful than any Laser on the Market!

1. https://catholicstrength.com/2017/04/20/an-intense-powerful-light-may-have-caused-the-image-of-a-crucified-man-on-the-shroud-of-turin/
2. https://www.simplycatholic.com/shroud-of-turin-evidence-of-jesus-resurrection/
3. https://denvercatholic.org/mounting-evidence-for-the-shroud-of-turins-authenticity/

IV. Encouragement to Christian Brothers and Sisters - there are now 2.5 Billion, or 250 Crore as we say in India, Baptized Christians in Christendom! Hallelujah to Lord Jesus Christ for this Great and Glorious Milestone, The Fruits of His Cross, of God's Grace for 2000 years, and Missionary Work.

1. https://www.gordonconwell.edu/center-for-global-christianity/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2020/12/Status-of-Global-Christianity-2021.pdf
2. https://www.amazon.com/Next-Christendom-Coming-Christianity-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B005FVPEVY
3. https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christian-persecution/

V. The Crown of Glory waiting for you in Heaven - 3 Bible Verses for your Encouragement.

1. James 1:12: "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the Crown of Life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him."

2. Revelation 2:10: "10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life." (KJV).

3. 1 Pet 5: 2-4: "2 Be Shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; 3 not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. 4 And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away." (NIV)."
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 05:04:55 PM by Xavier »
"He [His Grace Archbishop Lefebvre]exhorted them:

Quote from: +ABL
Make every effort to have the Mass of St. Pius V, but if it is impossible to find one within forty kilometers and if there is a pious priest who says the New Mass in as traditional a way as possible, it is good for you to assist at it to fulfill your Sunday obligation."

One can counter the dangers for the Faith through solid catechism:

Should all the world’s churches be emptied? I do not feel brave enough to say such a thing. I don’t want to encourage atheism."

Taken from: https://sspx.org/en/what-archbishop-lefebvre-said-about-new-mass

The following users thanked this post: Michael Wilson, diaduit

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Video: 5 Reasons to Become Christian!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 06:33:40 PM »
Xavier,
just your first 1'53'' was a terrific opening; no beating around the bush; Jesus Christ is Our Lord and savior and he came down from heaven to save us. We have to believe and be baptized to be saved. etc. etc. This why we have to become Catholics and why it is important; because we cannot be saved otherwise. That was what they call in sales a real "attention graber"; I'm going to listen to the rest of it; now, but I'm so pumped, I'm ready to sign on again.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

The following users thanked this post: Xavier

Offline Xavier

• Eternal Father, through Mary's Immaculate Heart, We Offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ in Atonement for our sins and those of the Whole World.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 09:46:33 AM »
Thanks so much, Michael! And you have the Credit for that! I took your Advice from the Other Thread, Michael said: "You know Xavier, imitate St. Peter, St. Paul, the Holy Apostles; your patron St. Francis Xavier; tell them the whole truth: Our Lord Jesus Christ is God and He died on the Cross to save us; and he founded His Church, so that outside of Our Lord and His Church there is no salvation; so repent and be Baptized etc. etc.  Don't spend any time with philosophy etc. You will only have your audience's attention for one short moment; make it count. Don't depend on human wisdom; but preach Christ Crucified; to the Greeks foolishness; to the Jews a stumbling block etc." Great Advice! Thanks!

As you know, I've traditionally held the Thomistic Opinion, that there is No Salvation without Explicit Faith in Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Trinity. I still do, but I modified it slightly, to the Augustinian Doctrine, that all whom God gives BOD, He also gives Water Baptism. St. Augustine held to this, arguably St. Francis Xavier also did, since he Baptized nearly 3 Million Souls in India (Please pray that I can accomplish at least 1% of what he did!), and certainly Pope Benedict XVI declared that the Augustinian Position of for e.g. the American Catholic Organization St. Benedict's Centre is a Legitimate Theological Opinion. So, I think this will be very useful in Evangelizing India.

As Our Lord Jesus Christ, the Prince of Theologians, taught us: "16:16 He that believeth and is baptized, shall be saved: but he that believeth not shall be condemned." (Gospel of Saint Mark 16:16). As you say, it's Good to often keep it that Simple, and give all the opportunity for Salvation. If you or anyone else have any further suggestions, I'm all ears. Thank You. I plan to make a Video for 2 Hours Every Sunday.

Make every effort to have the Mass of St. Pius V, but if it is impossible to find one within forty kilometers and if there is a pious priest who says the New Mass in as traditional a way as possible, it is good for you to assist at it to fulfill your Sunday obligation."

Should all the world’s churches be emptied? I do not feel brave enough to say such a thing. I don’t want to encourage atheism."

The following users thanked this post: Michael Wilson

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 06:21:32 PM »
Xav,
forget about the St. Bendict Center's position; It contradicts Trent.  St. Alphonsus is a supremely better guide. God is not bound by the Sacraments to only give grace through them; or else nobody would convert to the faith.

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

The following users thanked this post: Kent

Offline Xavier

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 02:02:03 AM »
Michael, I have to disagree. St. Augustine held this Doctrine and Holy Mother Church declared at the Fifth Ecumenical Council that the Teachings of St. Augustine were safe to follow. Indeed, even the Medieval Popes said we should follow the Teaching of St. Augustine on this question, though they were following the earlier teaching of St. Augustine, and not the Teaching that the Doctor held toward the end of his life, after his intense battles with the Pelagian Heresy. If my Goal is to bring my Indian Brothers and Sisters to Baptism, I know it is my Lord's Will that I must be an Augustinian Thomist. From: https://catholicism.org/baptism-of-desire-its-origin-and-abandonment-in-the-thought-of-saint-augustine.html

PERISH THE THOUGHT that a Person Predestined to Eternal Life could be allowed to end this life without the Sacrament of the Mediator. (Saint Augustine)

This article will focus on the question of explicit baptism of desire — as it was understood by most western doctors of the Church from the time of Saint Augustine (+430) until Saint Alphonsus Maria de Liguori (+1787), the last declared theological doctor who wrote in favor of its saving efficacy. The subject matter will deal specifically with the origin of the theological speculation, as given by Saint Augustine in one of his early doctrinal letters, and then move on to prove from authoritative testimony that the African doctor reversed his opinion in his later anti-Pelagian writing.

Go Ye, Preach the Gospel to Every Creature, and Baptize

I wish to preface the following with an affirmation of the extreme importance of this issue in that the conversion of non-Christians to the Catholic Faith, in our day, is no longer considered a mission necessary for their salvation. The mandate of our Savior to “Go ye into the whole world, and preach the Gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized, shall be saved: but he that believeth not shall be condemned” (Mark 16:15-16), has been supplanted by a new gospel of salvation by sincerity through invincible ignorance. It is my intention to restore at least an appreciation for the zeal of the holy missionaries that went forth to convert the nations to Christ and to baptize the pagans and infidels who accepted the good news that is the gospel. These missionaries, whose exemplar since the sixteenth century is Saint Francis Xavier, were not distracted by any speculation about a baptism of desire. Xavier baptized several hundred thousand pagans with his own hand. Biographers write that there were so many catechumens waiting to be baptized that assistants had to help him to lift his arm to perform the rite. Saint Francis Xavier never wrote a word about baptism of desire. Rather, he wrote these words from the Far East hoping to reach students aspiring for degrees: “How I would like to go to the universities of Paris and the Sorbonne and address many men who are richer in learning than in zeal, to let them know the great number of souls who, because of their neglect, are deprived of grace and are apt to go to hell. There are millions of nonbelievers who would become Christian if there were missionaries.” Was this missioner, considered the greatest after Saint Paul, misinformed?

Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Can’t Possibly Mean What It Says! This Doctrine is Too Hard! Who Can Hear it?

Among traditional Catholics who oppose the doctrinal cause of Saint Benedict Center, the vast majority maintain that their opposition is over Father Feeney’s rejection of baptism of desire. This has not always been the case, but it has become so more in the past twenty to thirty years. Prior to that, it was the defined doctrine itself, No salvation outside the Church, which disturbed those whom Brother Francis, in his treatise, The Dogma of Faith Defended, called “right-wing liberals.” These are the theologians who believed in the infallible authority of the Church, but were embarrassed over the literal sense of the doctrine. “God is all-merciful,” they stressed, “most men, surely, will be saved.” ...

Saint Augustine taught, as is clear from this article’s epigram, that the providence of God would see to it that a justified catechumen would be baptized before death. God alone, in any event, knows which of those, with a votum for baptism and perfect contrition, He has justified. The Church can only assume, as the arm of Christ, the Principal Agent in baptism, that all are in need of receiving the sacramentin order to not only have all sin forgiven and abolished, but to be a member of the Church, the Body of Christ. Anticipating the rejoinder that no one is lost who dies in the state of grace, let me just affirm that I agree. Not only that I agree, but that I submit to this truth as I would a dogma of Faith. The Church, however, allows the faithful the freedom to believe that the providence of God will see to it that every person dying in the state of grace will also be baptized. This preserves the literal sense of Christ’s teaching in John 3:5: Amen, amen I say to thee, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God and His apostolic mandate to preach and baptize all nations in Mark 16: 15-16."
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 02:09:11 AM by Xavier »

Offline Xavier

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 02:37:50 AM »
Augustinian Thomists are also Athanasians. St. Athanasius taught us in his Creed there is no Salvation without the Catholic Faith, which means Explicit Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Holy Mother Church Dogmatically Taught this Dogmatic Creed at the Council of Florence.

"The text of the Athanasian Creed is as follows:

in Latin   English translation[15]
Quicumque vult salvus esse, ante omnia opus est, ut teneat catholicam fidem: Quam nisi quisque integram inviolatamque servaverit, absque dubio in aeternum peribit. Fides autem catholica haec est: ut unum Deum in Trinitate, et Trinitatem in unitate veneremur. Neque confundentes personas, neque substantiam separantes. Alia est enim persona Patris alia Filii, alia Spiritus Sancti: Sed Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti una est divinitas, aequalis gloria, coeterna maiestas. Qualis Pater, talis Filius, talis [et] Spiritus Sanctus. Increatus Pater, increatus Filius, increatus [et] Spiritus Sanctus. Immensus Pater, immensus Filius, immensus [et] Spiritus Sanctus. Aeternus Pater, aeternus Filius, aeternus [et] Spiritus Sanctus. Et tamen non tres aeterni, sed unus aeternus. Sicut non tres increati, nec tres immensi, sed unus increatus, et unus immensus. Similiter omnipotens Pater, omnipotens Filius, omnipotens [et] Spiritus Sanctus. Et tamen non tres omnipotentes, sed unus omnipotens. Ita Deus Pater, Deus Filius, Deus [et] Spiritus Sanctus. Et tamen non tres dii, sed unus est Deus. Ita Dominus Pater, Dominus Filius, Dominus [et] Spiritus Sanctus. Et tamen non tres Domini, sed unus [est] Dominus. Quia, sicut singillatim unamquamque personam Deum ac Dominum confiteri christiana veritate compellimur: Ita tres Deos aut [tres] Dominos dicere catholica religione prohibemur. Pater a nullo est factus: nec creatus, nec genitus. Filius a Patre solo est: non factus, nec creatus, sed genitus. Spiritus Sanctus a Patre et Filio: non factus, nec creatus, nec genitus, sed procedens. Unus ergo Pater, non tres Patres: unus Filius, non tres Filii: unus Spiritus Sanctus, non tres Spiritus Sancti. Et in hac Trinitate nihil prius aut posterius, nihil maius aut minus: Sed totae tres personae coaeternae sibi sunt et coaequales. Ita, ut per omnia, sicut iam supra dictum est, et unitas in Trinitate, et Trinitas in unitate veneranda sit. Qui vult ergo salvus esse, ita de Trinitate sentiat.

Sed necessarium est ad aeternam salutem, ut incarnationem quoque Domini nostri Iesu Christi fideliter credat. Est ergo fides recta ut credamus et confiteamur, quia Dominus noster Iesus Christus, Dei Filius, Deus [pariter] et homo est. Deus [est] ex substantia Patris ante saecula genitus: et homo est ex substantia matris in saeculo natus. Perfectus Deus, perfectus homo: ex anima rationali et humana carne subsistens. Aequalis Patri secundum divinitatem: minor Patre secundum humanitatem. Qui licet Deus sit et homo, non duo tamen, sed unus est Christus. Unus autem non conversione divinitatis in carnem, sed assumptione humanitatis in Deum. Unus omnino, non confusione substantiae, sed unitate personae. Nam sicut anima rationalis et caro unus est homo: ita Deus et homo unus est Christus. Qui passus est pro salute nostra: descendit ad inferos: tertia die resurrexit a mortuis. Ascendit ad [in] caelos, sedet ad dexteram [Dei] Patris [omnipotentis]. Inde venturus [est] judicare vivos et mortuos. Ad cujus adventum omnes homines resurgere habent cum corporibus suis; Et reddituri sunt de factis propriis rationem. Et qui bona egerunt, ibunt in vitam aeternam: qui vero mala, in ignem aeternum. Haec est fides catholica, quam nisi quisque fideliter firmiterque crediderit, salvus esse non poterit.

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith. Which faith unless every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: that we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity; neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the Essence. For there is one Person of the Father; another of the Son; and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one; the Glory equal, the Majesty coeternal. Such as the Father is; such is the Son; and such is the Holy Ghost. The Father uncreated; the Son uncreated; and the Holy Ghost uncreated. The Father unlimited; the Son unlimited; and the Holy Ghost unlimited. The Father eternal; the Son eternal; and the Holy Ghost eternal. And yet they are not three eternals; but one eternal. As also there are not three uncreated; nor three infinites, but one uncreated; and one infinite. So likewise the Father is Almighty; the Son Almighty; and the Holy Ghost Almighty. And yet they are not three Almighties; but one Almighty. So the Father is God; the Son is God; and the Holy Ghost is God. And yet they are not three Gods; but one God. So likewise the Father is Lord; the Son Lord; and the Holy Ghost Lord. And yet not three Lords; but one Lord. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity; to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord; So are we forbidden by the catholic religion; to say, There are three Gods, or three Lords. The Father is made of none; neither created, nor begotten. The Son is of the Father alone; not made, nor created; but begotten. The Holy Ghost is of the Father and of the Son; neither made, nor created, nor begotten; but proceeding. So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons; one Holy Ghost, not three Holy Ghosts. And in this Trinity none is before, or after another; none is greater, or less than another. But the whole three Persons are coeternal, and coequal. So that in all things, as aforesaid; the Unity in Trinity, and the Trinity in Unity, is to be worshipped. He therefore that will be saved, let him thus think of the Trinity.

Furthermore, it is necessary to everlasting salvation; that he also believe faithfully the Incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ. For the right Faith is, that we believe and confess; that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and Man; God, of the Substance [Essence] of the Father; begotten before the worlds; and Man, of the Substance [Essence] of his Mother, born in the world. Perfect God; and perfect Man, of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting. Equal to the Father, as touching his Godhead; and inferior to the Father as touching his Manhood. Who although he is God and Man; yet he is not two, but one Christ. One; not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh; but by assumption of the Manhood into God. One altogether; not by confusion of Substance [Essence]; but by unity of Person. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man; so God and Man is one Christ; Who suffered for our salvation; descended into hell; rose again the third day from the dead. He ascended into heaven, he sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty, from whence he will come to judge the living and the dead. At whose coming all men will rise again with their bodies; And shall give account for their own works. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting; and they that have done evil, into everlasting fire. This is the catholic faith; which except a man believe truly and firmly, he cannot be saved.

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 06:18:01 PM »
St. Thomas stated in his Summa that we cannot prefer the opinion of a Doctor or theologian over that of the teaching of the Church "Even St. Agustine". 
Trent stated specifically that adults could be saved by Baptism of Desire, when dealing with the necessity of the Baptism of Infants. The statement from St. Benedict's Center, is just a way of denying salvation through B.O.D. The strange thing is that if one wants to deny B.O.D. Then one has to deny Perfect Contrition; and Fr. Feeney could see the problem; so he agreed that someone could enter into the state of Grace through Perfect Contrition; which meant that they would be saved if they died in that state, so he was forced to invent a new teaching: that one could not enter Heaven without the Baptismal mark.

The following users thanked this post: Melkor, AlNg

Offline Gardener

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2022, 07:19:00 PM »
I applaud your effort, but you need to think of the audience. You have a tendency to be loquacious. People have a MAX attention span to really absorb the material, and it's about 15-20 minutes.

I'd suggest breaking down your topic into a series and leaving videos shorter. You can always do several videos on the same topic to flesh it out, but each video should stand on its own as much as possible.

The Franciscans of the Immaculate had a series called "No Apologies", for apologetics. The videos were not long and addressed specific issues. I think you would be better off following this model.

You can see it here:
The Modern Attack will not tolerate us. It will attempt to
destroy us. Nor can we tolerate it. We must attempt to destroy it as being the fully equipped and ardent enemy of the Truth by which men live. The duel is to the death.” - Hilaire Belloc, The Great Heresies

The following users thanked this post: Michael Wilson, Xavier

Offline Gardener

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2022, 07:24:13 PM »
St. Thomas corrected Augustine's teaching on various matters. There is no such thing as an Augustinian Thomist. One can be a Thomist, but they will not agree on everything Augustine taught.

I wish the Dominican's mother house webpage still had the English translations of St. Thomas' writings other than the Summa. Several other works of his provided clarity on the issue of EENS and how we are to understand that contra Feeney and certain Augustinian phrasings. It is perfectly in line with Abp. Lefebvre's chapter on the issue in Open Letter to Confused Catholics.

The fact that Augustine did not have a clear and consistent view on this topic is enough to appeal to other authorities, just like St. Thomas did not have a clear and consistent view on Predestination (and thus, it is wrong to say the Banezian interpretation is indeed authentically a Thomistic view in light of the whole corpus of his work).
destroy us. Nor can we tolerate it. We must attempt to destroy it as being the fully equipped and ardent enemy of the Truth by which men live. The duel is to the death.” - Hilaire Belloc, The Great Heresies

Offline Xavier

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2022, 10:15:48 AM »
Michael Wilson, so why didn't the OT JUST Go to Heaven since they all died in Sanctifying Grace? This is the question no Anti-Augustinian can ever answer. We Augustinian Thomists hold that Lord Jesus Christ Baptized them, so that they obtained the Baptismal Mark, and then went to Heaven. This is a Theological Possibility you cannot dismiss out of hand, Mister Wilson, and there are Old Historical Texts of Catholic Tradition that support it.

Also, Michael, if you want to believe otherwise in America, I'm ok with it, though I support St. Benedict's Centre Fully. Please give me the same Freedom. I NEED TO BELIEVE THIS HERE IN INDIA. INDIA NEEDS TO HERE THE GOSPEL AS ST. AUGUSTINE taught it, and as St. Francis Xavier preached it. St. Alphonsus calls St. Augustine "The Greatest Light among the Ancient Doctors". Catholic Missionary work DIED after Implicit Faith Salvation prevailed. That's the reality, Michael Wilson, if he honestly examine the last 70 odd years. If you disagree with me, so be it. I've analyzed and thought much about it and I'm sure about it. I side with ST. Thomas on Explicit Faith and St. Augustine on Holy Baptism.

St. Francis De Sales praised St. Francis Xavier and about his answer to the Non-Christian Japanese that there is No Salvation without Lord Jesus and without Holy Baptism.  I will write more about this later on.

Gardener, thanks for the advice. I'll consider it.

I prepare around 15-20 mins about what to speak every day, and then on Sunday alone, I do a video for around 2 hours. I am considering whether to shorten or not. I'll decide and let you know.

On Augustinian Thomism, I disagree. All Thomists are Augustinians, and we hold St. Augustine and St. Thomas were both correct on Predestination Before Foreseen Merits, and that St. Augustine and St. Thomas are the Two Greatest Doctors in the History of the Church, since the Church and Her Popes over 2000 years have endorsed such a Position in numerous Magisterial Texts. St. Alphonsus, with his Numerous Papal Approvals, is right up there as the possible third. I respect Fr. Most as a Catholic Priest, but I respect the Holy Doctors far above him. I don't think that's unreasonable or unCatholic. I love St. Augustine, and I respect Fr. Most also. I just disagree with him that St. Augustine was supposedly so wrong about Predestination. Fr. Most praises Cardinal Journet, and Cardinal Journet praises St. Augustine and St. Thomas on Predestination! So, implicitly, Fr. Most is praising Augustine, though he doesn't recognize it, by praising 20th Century Thomistic Theologian Cardinal Journet, and crediting him with having devised the Solution (Predestination Before Merits (PBM), and Reprobation After Demerits (RAD) - which Fr. Most also teaches, following Cardinal Journet!) on Predestination!

God bless you both, Gardener and Michael. Thanks for your advice and your help.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 10:21:04 AM by Xavier »

Offline Xavier

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2022, 10:24:13 AM »
Stephen Wooley commented: "I don't recall any of your reasons for becoming a "Christian" (eucharistic miracles, marian apparitions, other supposed miracles) being the reasons the Apostles used when they preached. Is the Gospel of repentance and forgiveness of sins in the name of Jesus Christ too boring for catholics? Is there not power in the Word? Does it not cut to the marrow to both convict and convince the world and the individual of sin?

Unfortunately romanists can't preach this true Gospel since along with it are various new dogmas that the Apostles knew nothing about. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.....as long as you also submit to Rome, believe in papal infallibility, the immaculate conception, the assumption, transubstantiation, etc. All of which, unless believed with a sincere faith, you will go to Hell."

Nishant Xavier replied: "Mr. Stephen, you never explained the Many Bible Verses I cited. Gen 3:15, Luk 1:28, Jn 19:26-27, Rev 12:1, Rev 12:5, Rev 12:17 and so much more about the Mother Mary. It is the Pharisees in their Talmud, who attack Mother Mary and consider Her Majesty a sinner. They also attack Lord Yeshua our Messiah. Whereas, the Holy Bible teaches in Rev 12:17 that She, the Mother of God (12:5), is our sinless Mother and Richly Rewarded Queen now in Heaven!

Why do you deny the Bible? Are you a Christian or a Non-Christian? If you are a Christian, answer the Bible Verses I cited. Why does the Archangel Gabriel call Blessed Mother Mary "Full of Grace"? Answer me if you can, Stephen? Do you know who else is called "Full of Grace" in Sacred Scripture. Hint: you can consult Gospel of John 1:14 if you don't.

Why does Elizabeth call Blessed Mary, "Blessed among women"? Why do you not at least call Her Majesty as "Blessed Mary" with honor and respect. This hatred of Mother Mary came from non-Christians, especially from the Pharisees who killed Lord Jesus Christ, and their Talmud, as I clearly explained in my Video. I gave you many Biblical Examples of such honor and respect, which is not worship. Why did Joseph's brothers bow before him in honor? Because God had honored Joseph, just like God has honored Blessed Mary? So why don't you honor Her?

Gen 47:31 "And he said, Swear unto me. And he sware unto him. And Israel bowed himself upon the bed's head."

See one among 100s of Biblical examples of bowing in honor?

God has made it a Commandment to honor one's Father and Mother. God is our Father, Mary is our Mother. So don't you want to obey the Commandment of God, my brother Stephen? God made Mary your Mother at the Cross, Stephen! See John 19:26-27. Also, in Rev 12:17, the Lord Almighty confirms the Mother of God is Our Mother!

She is a Gift to us, Stephen! I pray all Christians begin to love Mother again, as we all loved Her in the First Millenium. That's why Christianity was so strong in the First Millenium and why the Church converted Europe from being non-Christian to becoming Catholic Christian. That's because there was One Church and God so loved His Church. Remember what God said about His Church in the Gospel (Mat 16:18 and Mat 18:17). Hell will not prevail.

May Lord Jesus Christ Bless you, Stephen.
In Lord Jesus, Christian Missionary, N. Xavier."

Offline Xavier

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2022, 10:26:04 AM »
And second comment, which I posted separately (if anyone else is willing, you have my open invitation to please come and refute the Anti-Catholic Protestant (who calls Catholics as "Romanists") Stephen!):

"Also, Stephen, the Shroud of Turin which you call "other supposed miracles" is about the RESURRECTION OF LORD JESUS CHRIST! Isn't that something about which all of us Christians agree?

The Burial Cloth of Lord Jesus Christ is mentioned in the Holy Bible, Gospel of Saint John Chapter 20, Verses 1-9:

"1AND on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalen cometh early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre; and she saw the stone taken away from the sepulchre. 2She ran, therefore, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple whom Jesus loved, and saith to them: They have taken away the Lord out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him. 3Peter therefore went out, and that other disciple, and they came to the sepulchre. 4And they both ran together, and that other disciple did outrun Peter, and came first to the sepulchre.

5And when he stooped down, he saw the linen cloths lying; but yet he went not in. 6Then cometh Simon Peter, following him, and went into the sepulchre, and saw the linen cloths lying, 7And the napkin that had been about his head, not lying with the linen cloths, but apart, wrapped up into one place. 8Then that other disciple also went in, who came first to the sepulchre: and he saw, and believed. 9For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead." (John 20:1-9).

Offline Gardener

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2022, 11:25:55 AM »
Michael Wilson, so why didn't the OT JUST Go to Heaven since they all died in Sanctifying Grace? (snipped for length)

I side with ST. Thomas on Explicit Faith and St. Augustine on Holy Baptism. (snipped for length)

St. Francis De Sales praised St. Francis Xavier and about his answer to the Non-Christian Japanese that there is No Salvation without Lord Jesus and without Holy Baptism.  I will write more about this later on. (snipped for length)

Gardener, thanks for the advice. I'll consider it.

I prepare around 15-20 mins about what to speak every day, and then on Sunday alone, I do a video for around 2 hours. I am considering whether to shorten or not. I'll decide and let you know.

On Augustinian Thomism, I disagree. All Thomists are Augustinians, and we hold St. Augustine and St. Thomas were both correct on Predestination Before Foreseen Merits, and that St. Augustine and St. Thomas are the Two Greatest Doctors in the History of the Church, since the Church and Her Popes over 2000 years have endorsed such a Position in numerous Magisterial Texts. St. Alphonsus, with his Numerous Papal Approvals, is right up there as the possible third. I respect Fr. Most as a Catholic Priest, but I respect the Holy Doctors far above him. I don't think that's unreasonable or unCatholic. I love St. Augustine, and I respect Fr. Most also. I just disagree with him that St. Augustine was supposedly so wrong about Predestination. Fr. Most praises Cardinal Journet, and Cardinal Journet praises St. Augustine and St. Thomas on Predestination! So, implicitly, Fr. Most is praising Augustine, though he doesn't recognize it, by praising 20th Century Thomistic Theologian Cardinal Journet, and crediting him with having devised the Solution (Predestination Before Merits (PBM), and Reprobation After Demerits (RAD) - which Fr. Most also teaches, following Cardinal Journet!) on Predestination!

God bless you both, Gardener and Michael. Thanks for your advice and your help.

OT saints - https://www.newadvent.org/summa/4068.htm#article1

See reply to Objection 1.

Faith/Baptism - St. Thomas himself taught baptism of desire.

Francis Xavier - St. Francis Xavier did not teach a strict Baptism necessity (nor did St. Thomas). What he told the Japanese was in line w/ what St. Thomas wrote in De Veritate, Q14 Art11, and SCG Book 3 Q159, second paragraph:
Before their baptism the converts of Yamaguchi were greatly troubled and pained by a hateful and annoying scruple---that God did not appear to them merciful and good, because He had never made Himself known to the Japanese before our arrival, especially if it were true that those who had not worshipped God as we preached were doomed to suffer everlasting punishment in hell. It seemed to them that He had forgotten and as it were neglected the salvation of all their ancestors, in permitting them to be deprived of the knowledge of saving truths, and thus to rush headlong on eternal death. It was this painful thought which, more than anything else, kept them back from the religion of the true God. But by the divine mercy all their error and scruple was taken away. We began by proving to them that the divine law is the most ancient of all. Before receiving their institutions from the Chinese, the Japanese knew by the teaching of nature that it was wicked to kill, to steal, to swear falsely, and to commit the other sins enumerated in the Ten Commandments, a proof of this being the remorse of conscience to which any one guilty of one of these crimes was certain to be a prey.

We showed them that reason itself teaches us to avoid evil and to do good, and that this is so deeply implanted in the hearts of men, that all have the knowledge of the divine law from nature, and from God the Author of nature, before they receive any external instruction on the subject. If any doubts were entertained on the matter, an experiment might be made in the person of a man without any instruction, living in absolute solitude, and in entire ignorance of the laws of his country. Such a man, ignorant of and a stranger to all human teaching, if he were asked whether it were or were not criminal to kill, to steal, or to commit the other actions forbidden by the law of God, and whether it were right to abstain from such actions, then, I say, this man, so fundamentally without all human education, would most certainly reply in such a manner as to show that he was by no means without knowledge of the divine law. Whence then must he be supposed to have received this knowledge, but from God Himself, the Author of nature? And if this knowledge is seen among barbarians, what must be the case with civilized and polished nations? This being so, it necessarily follow that before any laws were made by men the divine law existed innate in the hearts of all men. The converts were so satisfied with this reasoning, as to see no further difficulty; so that this net having been broken, they received from us with a glad heart the sweet yoke of our Lord....
https://sourcebooks.fordham.edu/mod/1552xavier4.asp

Explicit Faith:
https://isidore.co/aquinas/english/QDdeVer14.htm#11
What men are responsible for: https://isidore.co/aquinas/english/ContraGentiles3b.htm#159

Augustine/Thomas/Most - Neither Augustine or Thomas were consistent themselves on a position, which is Fr. Most's position on them. Those who purport to show an "Augustinian" or "Thomistic" position are just cherrypicking and ignoring where they contradict themselves in other works. If you are going to lambast Fr. Most for disagreeing with them on things, then be consistent and also lambast Sts. Alphonsus Liguori, Francis de Sales, etc. for disagreeing with them on things.

---
Videos:

If you want to just hear yourself talk, stick with long videos. If you want your audience to hear you, consider making them short and to the point. Any student of public speaking, teacher, preacher, instructor will tell you the same thing. They need to be able to digest the information. They need to be able to recall it. They need to not be overwhelmed with meandering, quote-bombing, etc. Otherwise, you need to increase your production value if you want to maintain length. For example, the Dimond Bro's videos are usually lengthy, but they are also a visual treat and have a good pacing, outline, and conclusion.

Offline Xavier

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2022, 01:00:10 PM »
Thanks, Gardener, for the tips. Do you have any technical tips on how I can add Pictures, Graphics etc to my Videos? I don't have much idea about that.

Also, to others as well. Stephen has replied. If anyone wants to refute him; please do, otherwise I'll do it later.

Stephen Replied: "The problem with discussing Bible verses with a catholic is that you will stretch any verse you can to any ridiculous length you can in order to shoe horn your dogma into it.

Genesis 3:15- The seed of the woman shall crush the head of the serpent. And? How on Earth do you get the Immaculate Conception or the Assumption out of this verse? You don't, because you can't. I know that the corrupt papal Bible has traditionally mistranslated this verse as SHE will crush your head but the Hebrew is more often masculine. Even if it is "she" you cannot get your dogmas from this verse except by eisegesis.

Luke 1:28: χαριτόω- to endow with χάρις (q.v.), i.e.

1. (a) to make graceful;

(b) to make gracious (Sir, l.c.).

The Latin 'gratia plena' is not a good translation of the Greek. But again, even if it does mean what you think it means (full of grace) this is a flimsy foundation upon which to build the romanist system of mariolatry.

John 19: 26-27: See above. You take a verse completely out of its simple context (Christ giving Mary over to the care of St. John) and build up an entirely fanciful theology of Mary around it.

I am indeed a Christian of the Reformed tradition. Therefore your accusation that I hate the Bible and or Mary is laughable and a statement made in bad faith. I hold the traditional, orthodox and Biblical understanding of Mary. She was highly favored. She was Blessed among women. She was a model of virtue. I personally don't even have an issue with the idea that she lived the most holy life anyone has ever lived, the possibility of her perpetual virginity or even the idea that she was assumed into Heaven, body and soul. The difference is that where I hold these as theological opinions not necessarily based on Scripture, Rome has made them dogma and therefore necessary to salvation to believe. That places Rome squarely under the anathema of St. Paul in his letter to the Galatians where, for simply insisting on circumcision, states that they have fallen away from Christ and now believe a different "gospel." What, I wonder, would St. Paul say about all the unbiblical dogmatic burdens Rome places on the shoulders of her followers as prerequisites for salvation?"

Offline Xavier

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2022, 01:06:37 PM »
I have a book by Piers Crompton, Hidden Hand in the Vatican, where he discusses the Communist Terrorist Infiltrators into the Church. He says the Greatest Fear of the Communist Terrorists is that All Christians will re-unite with Holy Mother Church. I'll mention this in my reply.

The Excerpt: "Growing chaos, and the replacement of traditional values by those of a new order, which were the tangible effects of
the 1914 war, were seized upon as offering favourable opportunities to those who never ceased regarding the Church as
their one great enemy. For early in 1936 a convention of secret societies was held in Paris; and although attendance
was strictly limited to ‘those in the know,’ English and French observers managed to be present. Their accounts of the
meeting appeared in the Catholic Gazette of February, 1936, and a few weeks later in Le Réveil du Peuple, a Paris
weekly.
No one could fail to notice how closely the sentiments and topics that were there treated correspond to those put
forward by Nubius and in the Alta Vendita more than a century before. What follows is a slightly shortened copy of the
English version:
‘As long as there remains any moral conception of the social order, and until all faith, patriotism, and dignity are
uprooted, our reign over the world shall not come. We have already fulfilled part of our work, and yet we cannot claim
that the whole of our work is done. We still have a long way to go before we can overthrow our main opponent, the
Catholic Church.
‘We must always bear in mind that the Catholic Church is the only institution which has stood, and which will, as long
as it remains in existence, stand in our way. The Catholic Church, with its methodical work and her edifying moral
teachings will always keep her children in such a state of mind as to make them too self-respecting to yield to our
domination. That is why we have been striving to discover the best way of shaking the Catholic Church to her very
foundations. We have spread the spirit of revolt and false liberalism among the nations so as to persuade them away
from their faith and even to make them ashamed of professing the precepts of their religion, and obeying the
commandments of their Church.
‘We have brought many of them to boast of being atheists, and more than that, to glory in being descendants of the ape!
We have given them new theories, impossible of realisation, such as Communism, anarchism, and Socialism, which are
now serving our purposes. They have accepted them with the greatest enthusiasm, without realising that those theories
are ours, and that they constitute the most powerful instrument against themselves.
‘We have blackened the Catholic Church with the most ignominious calumnies, we have stained her history, and
disgraced even her noblest activities. We have imparted to her the wrongs of her enemies, and have brought these latter
to stand more closely by our side. So much so that we are now witnessing, to our greatest satisfaction, rebellions
against the Church in several countries. We have turned her clergy into objects of hatred and ridicule, we have
subjected them to the hate of the crowd. We have caused the practice of the Catholic religion to be considered out of
date and a mere waste of time. We have founded many secret associations which work for our purpose, under our
orders and our directions.
‘So far, we have considered our strategy in our attacks upon the Church from the outside. But this is not all. Let us
explain how we have gone further in our work to hasten the ruin of the Catholic Church, and how we have penetrated
into her most intimate circles, and have brought even some of her clergy to be pioneers of our cause:
‘Apart from the influence of our philosophy, we have taken other steps to secure a breach in the Catholic Church. Let
me explain how this has been done. We have induced some of our children to join the Catholic body with the explicit
intention that they should work in a still more efficient way for the disintegration of the Catholic Church, by creating
scandals within her.
‘We are grateful to Protestants for their loyalty to our wishes, although most of them are, in the sincerity of their faith,
unaware of their loyalty to us. We are grateful to them for the wonderful help they are giving us in our fight against the
stronghold of Christian civilisation, and in our preparations for the advent of our supremacy over the whole world.

‘So far we have succeeded in overthrowing most of the thrones of Europe. The rest will follow in the near future.
Russia has already worshipped our rule. France is under our thumb. England, in her dependence upon our finance, is
under our heel; and in her Protestantism is our best hope for the destruction of the Catholic Church. Spain and Mexico
are but toys in our hands. And many other countries, including the United States of America; have already fallen
before our scheming.
‘But the Catholic Church is still alive. We must destroy her without the least delay and without the slightest mercy.
Most of the Press of the world is under our control. Let us intensify our activities. Let us spread the spirit of revolution
in the minds of the people.
‘They must be made to despise patriotism and the love of their family, to consider their faith as a humbug, their
obedience to the Church as a degrading servility, so that they may become deaf to the appeal of the Church and blind to
her warnings against us. Let us, above all, make it impossible for Christians outside the Catholic Church to be reunited with her, or for non-Christians to join the Church; otherwise our domination over them will never be realised.’

Footnotes:

1. Lord Macaulay on von Ranke’s Political History of the Popes, in 1840.
2. A complicated affair involving a Cardinal’s thwarted passion, impersonation, and forged letters. Well treated by
Hilaire Belloc in his book on Marie Antoinette, who was dragged down by the scandal.
3. Literally the ‘old shop’ or the ‘old sale.’ Secret society meetings were often disguised as auction sales to avert
suspicion. "