Ex-Pope Benedict XVI failed to act in child abuse cases — report

Started by Innocent Smith, January 20, 2022, 07:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Innocent Smith

Ex-Pope Benedict XVI failed to act in child abuse cases — report

The child abuse cases occurred during his time as archbishop of Munich and Freising from 1977 to 1982.

A child abuse report released in Germany on Thursday found former Pope Benedict XVI failed to act in four cases of mistreatment.
What do we know so far?

Law firm Westphal Spilker Wastl (WSW), which conducted the investigation, said Benedict failed to prevent child abuse of minors during his tenure as archbishop of Munich and Freising from 1977 to 1982.

"In a total of four cases, we reached a consensus there was a failure to act," attorney Martin Pusch, who presented the WSW report, said.

Two cases involve priests who were legally charged with child abuse under the former pope, who was known as Archbishop Joseph Ratzinger at the time. These two priests were allowed to continue their work in the church as pastors.
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Prayerful

Given how Francis seems to be be trying to reverse everything Benedict did from Summorum Pontificum to improved NOM translation, I wouldn't it beyond him or a minion encouraging some local body to attack Benedict. Benedict instituted clear rules to dismiss perv priests, which Francis tried for a time to frustrate, in particular when he tried to reverse the laicisation of convicted child molester (in the Confessional) Inzoli. I don't want to read again the details, but given Coccopalmiero was the patron of Inzoli, the victims were likely all young boys.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

MaximGun

So Francis has gone back and fabricated evidence from 1977 to 1982 held at the Munich Chancery Office and framed Benedict?

Why?

What problems has Benedict caused him in the last 9 years?

Why would Francis want child abuse raised again?

Elizabeth.2

B16 got rid of over 300 fallen priests, and if I recall, a bishop.  Then, the 300 page red dossier was given to the new Bishop of Rome.

It makes sense that the bad guys are eager to sully B16's reputation.  Pretty sure Benedict was very much more militant about perverts than JP2, who ignored all of it completely.  Also, I don't have source, but believe B16 reconsecrated or exorcised the Vatican chapel in St. Paul Without Walls used to enthrone Lucifer.

Prayerful

Quote from: MaximGun on January 20, 2022, 12:30:23 PM
So Francis has gone back and fabricated evidence from 1977 to 1982 held at the Munich Chancery Office and framed Benedict?

Why?

What problems has Benedict caused him in the last 9 years?

Why would Francis want child abuse raised again?

Becciu sent money to Australia during the Pell trial. It would seem a conspiracy theory without foundation except we are dealing with Francis and we know how looking too closely at the crooked friends of Francis got him in trouble.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Goldfinch

It's clear Ratzinger won't be made a saint by the modernists in charge.

I suppose every cloud has a silver lining. In the bowling game of sainthood for the conciliar popes, Ratzinger's pin will be left standing. No strike.
"For there are no works of power, dearly-beloved, without the trials of temptations, there is no faith without proof, no contest without a foe, no victory without conflict. This life of ours is in the midst of snares, in the midst of battles; if we do not wish to be deceived, we must watch: if we want to overcome, we must fight." - St. Leo the Great