The Jewish Revolutionary Spirit by E. Michael Jones

Started by GiftOfGod, December 17, 2021, 04:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiftOfGod

Has anyone here read it? If you have, please post your review.

Quote from: Jayne on December 17, 2021, 02:41:04 PM
Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 17, 2021, 02:24:10 PM
Quote from: Jayne on December 17, 2021, 04:02:59 AM
I think that people get a far better grasp of what's wrong with Judaism by reading something  like E. Michael Jones work on the subject, such as The Jewish Revolutionary Spirit.  He gives a theological framework for understanding the connection between Jews and leftism that just makes so much sense.
Is that book any good? I was thinking about posting a thread on it and asking for reviews. It's too expensive and voluminous for me to take a gamble and buy it based on what the author says.

I liked it. As I recall several people here have mentioned reading it. I suggest starting a thread for the question so it does get overlooked  here.

While there is general agreement that he is good on Jewish issues, he lacks many of the assumptions that we have as trads. I'm not sure how much that would bother you.

Note that a First Edition (a single volume) is freely available online in PDF but the Second Edition is three volumes. Please note which edition you read.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Jayne

I was curious about what sort of reviews were available online and found this one on Goodreads.

QuoteThis is a must read.

The Page count from Chapter one to the footnotes is about 1050 pages. This book not only thick but is big and has small font. However, the separation of chapters into sections makes it eminently readable, though it will be a long process to get through. Even using this as a reference book is viable as there is a pretty useful index in the back.

The underlying theory of the book is something like this; When the Jews rejected Jesus Christ they didn't just reject him as a person but also as the divine logos, or the Word which brought about creation. In doing this, they rebelled not just against Christ as a prophet, but against the order of the Universe which Christ embodies. Though this is a Jewish theological position, solidified through the Talmud, anyone who rebels against the order of the universe can be a partaker in this Jewish revolutionary spirit because it is a theological position.

In Classic Jones style, this proposition isn't argued outright, but stated and demonstrated throughout the book through historical examples that span from Simon Bar Kokhba and the Hebrew revolution against Rome, to present day neo-cons.

What is so important about this book is it breaks the dialectical speech that we are subject to when anyone talks about Jews in the modern era. Which is either you are critical of Jews because they have bad DNA and you're an anti-semite, or you praise Jews because they have special DNA that gives them such high IQ scores and makes them capable of holding a hugely disproportionate number of positions of power.

Jones cuts through the dialectic and convincingly puts forth a third preposition, which is the traditional position of the Church, that Jewish behavior is explained by the rejection of Christ.

Everybody should read this, but especially Catholics. It is unfortunate that so many Catholics think that any criticism of Jews, no matter how true, is forbidden.
https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/4329763-the-jewish-revolutionary-spirit

I was surprised to see it.  I think of Goodreads as the sort of mainstream site that would be afraid of the accusations of anti-semitism that always follow Jones.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

AlNg

I read a few reviews of the book, but i have not read the book itself. ADL does not like it.
Anyway, i did read a different, much smaller,  book by E. Michael Jones called: The Man Behind the Curtain: Michael Voris and the Homosexual Vortex. Would it be off topic to comment on this other book by E. Michael Jones ?

GiftOfGod

Quote from: AlNg on December 17, 2021, 06:17:38 PM
Would it be off topic to comment on this other book by E. Michael Jones ?
Yes, pleas start another thread for that.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Heinrich

I have the newer, three volume edition. It is a good survey of Western history. The chapters on the Arian heresy and Julian the Apostate provide details I was not familiar with. He can be sesquipedalian and repetitive, which prevents an engaging experience. All the all, spend the money. It's bound well and handsomely encased. There's much to chagrin with EMJ, but this thesis fleshes out well.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.