A Regretful Introduction

Started by TerrorDæmonum, December 21, 2021, 03:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerrorDæmonum

I joined on January 01, 2013 at 16:43:18 according to the server here, but I never introduced myself.

But the reasons why will be clear below:

What brings you to SD?

I was invited by others, some of which are not here anymore, and I came here and resumed forum activity on a forum that showed a lot of promise in 2013. I left it after being fed up with feminists and other (now) small issues, plus, I was a lot busier back then.

I came back twice, briefly, but after seeing how things are, what I want, and what I should expect, I contacted the owner of the forum to help me get my account back. I had changed email services and couldn't access my account.

Are you a member of other Internet fora?  If so, care to mention which one(s)?

I am not a member of any active Internet forum other than this one. I am a member of True Devotion Catholic Forum and active on it...but that doesn't count.

Why did you choose your username and avatar?

I have forgotten, and I regret not keeping track of that, so my username is now a sign of my own regret for forgetting why I regretted. I will not use an avatar.

What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning?

By vocation, an unmarried male.

Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!)

USA, nearer the Atlantic than the Pacific. I have moved around a bit in my life.

Have any hobbies?

Yes.

Fun random fact about yourself:

I have hippocampal sclerosis. But I'm used to it now and it has its fun moments from time to time.

Because of this, I distrust myself and keep records handy. I often consult books, and other works, for anything I write, just to prevent errors, and I review my own writing frequently to ensure I'm not overly repetitive.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

LausTibiChriste

Welcome chat friend :cheeseheadbeer: I look forward to you posting lots of Aristotelian topics in the Sacred Sciences forum
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on December 21, 2021, 04:59:53 PM
Welcome chat friend
Now that I'm here, the party can get started.

I look forward to you posting lots of Aristotelian topics in the Sacred Sciences forum
I tend to reference St Thomas and the Church Fathers and a dictionary more than anything usually, but on topics of Natural Law, I can go Greek.

It is nice to break out Aristotle once in a while for direct reference instead of the filtration through St Thomas. I have The Nicomachean Ethics on my desk right now...just in case.

Jayne

Here's to more Aristotle and more St. Thomas!   :cheeseheadbeer:
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Melkor

Hello friend. Nice to see you around the forum.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Melkor on December 21, 2021, 08:25:48 PM
Hello friend. Nice to see you around the forum.

Thank you. It feels nifty being back.

And, this time, I am obviously an account from 2013 January 01, and an average of 0.142 posts per day, so nobody can complain.

andy

Welcome back. That was a short break :P.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: andy on December 21, 2021, 09:52:49 PM
Welcome back. That was a short break

Over 8 years is short, I suppose.

I never wrote at all that I was taking a break, leaving the forum, or that I would never post again. I don't know what spacing would constitute long or short between activity.

I did visit the forum shortly with two other accounts that are now disabled (or at least, inaccessible), but I've regained my original account for use. The first ex-account was used for around two months days and the other for 60 days.

Edited because I can't count.

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

andy

Quote from: Pæniteo on December 21, 2021, 09:57:27 PM
Quote from: andy on December 21, 2021, 09:52:49 PM
Welcome back. That was a short break

Over 8 years is short, I suppose.

I never wrote at all that I was taking a break, leaving the forum, or that I would never post again. I don't know what spacing would constitute long or short between activity.

I did visit the forum shortly with two other accounts that are now disabled (or at least, inaccessible), but I've regained my original account for use. The first ex-account was used for less than two days and the other for 60 days.

Perhaps someone impersonated you recently https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=25841.msg538488#msg538488

Quote from: Insanis on July 01, 2021, 11:24:04 AM
I need help reconstructing my memory on my forum activities so I appreciate anybody who can help.

This thread is edited to show the conclusion:

So, my reconstruction is:

• 2013 January 01, I register as Pæniteo
  • 2013 January 08, I stop using SD entirely and apparently used FE for a bit
  • 2013 January 29, I make a final thread on FE and request my account to be deleted/disabled, and I lock myself out. The admin deletes my account after that.
  • 2013 February 05, I resume posting on SD and some people weren't aware of my prior activity and account name here. My first post on that day was actually about the chat. The forum on this day was not in its current form.
  • 2013 February 16, I stopped posting due to the overly feminist influence here
  • 2017 February 08, I register as a new account to give an update on myself, as I had been reading old forums and saw posts referencing me. I tried to use the forum for a bit, but ended up leaving the next. I wouldn't have seen much during that time.

It appears I was remembering the use of another forum which no longer exists.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: andy on December 22, 2021, 07:50:02 AM
Perhaps someone impersonated you recently

I don't know about that, but if you attest to it in court, it could really help me out.

But seriously, isn't it suspicious that a short lived account has 60 days between its first and last post?

Quote from: Pæniteo on December 21, 2021, 09:57:27 PM
I did visit the forum shortly with two other accounts that are now disabled (or at least, inaccessible), but I've regained my original account for use. The first ex-account was used for less than two days and the other for 60 days.

It would seem I'm still me.

andy

Quote from: Pæniteo on December 22, 2021, 08:29:00 AM
Quote from: andy on December 22, 2021, 07:50:02 AM
Perhaps someone impersonated you recently

I don't know about that, but if you attest to it in court, it could really help me out.

I just a made a simple observation based of a publicly available data. You would probably have to reach out to the owner of this site to get all the forensics, IP addresses, etc.

TerrorDæmonum

Sorry, I was joking about the need for an alibi in real life.

For the rest, all is at it seems. I thought it was clear.

The more snide members of Internet forums have a tendency to use previous usernames to refer to people in derision and I'm trying to avoid people latching onto previous usernames I have used for short periods and developing a fixation on it.

This is my first account here and my only active one and now that I have it, I hope people can stay a little focused or just use my real name which I have in my signature for people who don't have an ash key or don't want to deal with knowledge of multiple forum names.

I've always been Joseph.

andy

Quote from: Pæniteo on December 22, 2021, 12:26:49 PM
Sorry, I was joking about the need for an alibi in real life.

For the rest, all is at it seems. I thought it was clear.

The more snide members of Internet forums have a tendency to use previous usernames to refer to people in derision and I'm trying to avoid people latching onto previous usernames I have used for short periods and developing a fixation on it.

This is my first account here and my only active one and now that I have it, I hope people can stay a little focused or just use my real name which I have in my signature for people who don't have an ash key or don't want to deal with knowledge of multiple forum names.

I've always been Joseph.

Hi Joseph,

So was it you then using handle Insanis a few months ago?