"Corral theory" on Rome's treatment of trads

Started by GiftOfGod, December 21, 2021, 01:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prayerful

Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 21, 2021, 09:02:19 PM
Quote from: Prayerful on December 21, 2021, 05:19:28 PM
It's an old idea that PF wanted some deal with the SSPX and would put them in charge of a small trad reservation.
Really? Would SSPX make a deal with someone such as Francis?

Three or so years ago there were strong rumours, even a supposed HQ, a former convent in Rome.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: dueSicilie on December 24, 2021, 05:46:43 PM
I just had an interesting thought.

Say the bishop of the diocese in which the SSPX chapel lays says that, but you are living in the neighboring diocese, could he excommunicate you?
I think it's based on where you commit an excommunicable offense, not where you live.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Philip G.

I was thinking about the corral theory last night.  I have known about it for a while, and I haven't cared to comment.  But, when I think about it this way, it seems pretty significant, and worthy of thought and discussion. 

Scripture says "when the shepherd is struck, the sheep shall be scattered".  The pope/Rome is most certainly struck.  The sheep have scattered.  Yet, now this struck authority want's to corral/gather us together.  That represents the opposite of what Our Lord, says, and what right reason would dictate.  We can only be properly gathered as one under one head which is Peter.  We can and should be "two or more gathered" in Christ, because Christ says he will as a result be in the midst of us.  But, "two or more gathered" represents the polar opposite of what would result from corraling. That would mean that corraling is a bad thing.  And, it is for that reason that it becomes reasonable that modernist rome would seek such a thing for us.  That makes it believable.
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Tennessean

magdalena59

Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 21, 2021, 01:02:44 AM
I have read on some trad forums a theory that the Modernists in the Conciliar Church aim to marginalize trads via Traditionis custodes in order to force them into the arms of the SSPX or other groups not in full communion. Then, Rome or bishops will decree that anyone attending SSPX (or similar groups') Masses are excommunicated. This will have the effect of coercing trads to give up and join the Novus Ordo or to get them out of the Conciliar Church's hair once and for all.

That sounds far-fetched except that a NO bishop did in fact do this in the US already during the 1990s. He listed the SSPX Chapel location in the diocese newspaper and said that effective on such and such date, any Catholic who who attended Mass at that location was excommunicated. The SSPX closed its chapel rather than put its laity in that position.  The other thing is that Taylor Marshall just mentioned the Corral Theory in today's episode and he said that believes it to be true.

I am not a fan of the wording "corral" as said by Mr. Marshall but I do think it is possible they may try to coerce trads into either the N.O or the SSPX and out of the Conciliar Church's hair. I don't believe they will be successful though.
Therefore, brethren, stand fast; and hold the traditions which you have learned, whether by word, or by our epistle. 2nd Thessalonians 2:15

http://ourdomesticcalling.blogspot.com/

GiftOfGod

Quote from: magdalena59 on December 25, 2021, 09:45:09 PM
I am not a fan of the wording "corral" as said by Mr. Marshall but I do think it is possible they may try to coerce trads into either the N.O or the SSPX and out of the Church.
"Out of the Church"?
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

magdalena59

Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 25, 2021, 09:46:50 PM
Quote from: magdalena59 on December 25, 2021, 09:45:09 PM
I am not a fan of the wording "corral" as said by Mr. Marshall but I do think it is possible they may try to coerce trads into either the N.O or the SSPX and out of the Church.
"Out of the Church"?

Edited my post. I meant Conciliar Church's hair as stated in the original post.
Therefore, brethren, stand fast; and hold the traditions which you have learned, whether by word, or by our epistle. 2nd Thessalonians 2:15

http://ourdomesticcalling.blogspot.com/