To Women: Is Male Immodesty in Sports Potentially an Occasion of Sin?

Started by HeraclitusTheObscure, December 19, 2021, 10:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeraclitusTheObscure

I'm willing to bet this question has been asked here before, but I'm going to ask it again anyways: Is the sort of stuff that men would wear in professional wrestling or Olympic Swimming an occasion of sin for women? What would you suggest men could improve on in terms of modesty?

LausTibiChriste

Only when I'm doing it because I got such a hot bod.

I'd say it is, though usually, women don't respond the same way to that sort of content the way men do. That is changing however in our modern degen world
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

red solo cup

As a general rule, women aren't as visually oriented as men. I'm curious what the gals on here have to say.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Boniface VIII

Women are strange and fickle creatures when it comes to what they find attractive. I gave up trying to figure them out.

Men by contrast are pretty simple. We all pretty much like the same things when it comes to women.

So for instance there is a "comedian" (picture below) who I just recently found out existed because I occasionally read the news. Apparently he is on Saturday Night Live. He dates an endless stream of models and actresses. Seems that modern women prefer their men to be effeminate weaklings with bleached hair, covered in tattoos and with the strung out on heroin look. A far cry from the cowboy or warrior motif that women used to find attractive. I guess money/power covers a multitude of sins.

So to answer the OP...Do women find scantily clad men an occasion of temptation? Only if they have a wad of bills stuffed in there apparently.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Boniface VIII on December 20, 2021, 06:29:24 AM
Seems that modern women prefer their men to be effeminate weaklings with bleached hair, covered in tattoos and with the strung out on heroin look.

You're right, you don't understand women at all.

TBH, the pill f***ed a lot of things up from their end.

But if you don't understand why they prefer Pete over a "cowboy", you got a lot to learn. On top of that, the right type of woman WON'T like Pete and will prefer the cowboy. These days they exist in farm country or Eastern Europe (outside the metropolis)

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Boniface VIII

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on December 20, 2021, 07:05:57 AM

But if you don't understand why they prefer Pete over a "cowboy", you got a lot to learn.

I'm all ears.

LausTibiChriste

- MaximGun

Boniface VIII

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on December 20, 2021, 07:22:32 AM
Quote from: Boniface VIII on December 20, 2021, 07:19:56 AM

But if you don't understand why they prefer Pete over a "cowboy", you got a lot to learn.

I'm all ears.

Humour, power, money

Right. I mentioned that above. I thought I was missing something.

As a man I still can't wrap my mind around how money or power can make a physically repulsive man one who models can't wait to hop into bed with. Money and power ain't going to fix that mug of his.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Boniface VIII on December 20, 2021, 07:36:00 AM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on December 20, 2021, 07:22:32 AM
Quote from: Boniface VIII on December 20, 2021, 07:19:56 AM

I'm all ears.

Humour, power, money

Right. I mentioned that above. I thought I was missing something.

As a man I still can't wrap my mind around how money or power can make a physically repulsive man one who models can't wait to hop into bed with. Money and power ain't going to fix that mug of his.

That's because you're thinking with a man's brain

Money/power are to women what a nice rack and hips are to men.

Understand that, milk it and you'll be golden

ETA: most men are willing to ignore a shite personality if she's hot (dumb move but true)

Since women are our opposites, they're willing to ignore physical beauty in pursuit of status

Its deeper than this tho... Its about what beauty and status represent

- MaximGun

MaximGun

Imagine if you felt as excited about an eight thousand dollar handbag as a man feels about a really sexy woman.

That is most women.

They care what other women think of them and how much status their lifestyle projects.

There are exceptions.  But that is a rule of most of them.

"Because they're worth it".

orate

Ha! Ha! Ha!

OP posts a question addressed "to women" and our local young studs answer it as if they know anything about women!

You guys understand nothing about the female psyche.

With apologies to Red Solo Cup, who seems genuinely to want the women's opinions
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Jayne

You are probably more interested in the views of younger women, but I am going to throw in my experience as an old lady. 

I was only consciously aware of being attracted to my future husband because he was (and still is) very devout, very kind and very intelligent.  But he was also very good looking so that may have been influencing me too.  After over 40 years of marriage, all my feelings of attraction are so focused on him that I am only vaguely aware of which men are aesthetically pleasing or not.  I am no more affected by Harrison Ford than by that picture posted upthread.

I don't feel lust or even attraction when I see men (other than my husband) wearing little or immodest clothing.  I feel uncomfortable and embarrassed for them.  I would like them to dress modestly for the sake of their own dignity rather than because they pose any sort of occasion of sin for me.

edit to add:  I still find my husband very physically attractive.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Boniface VIII

Quote from: orate on December 20, 2021, 09:02:56 AM
Ha! Ha! Ha!

OP posts a question addressed "to women" and our local young studs answer it as if they know anything about women!

With apologies to Red Solo Cup, who seems genuinely to want the women's opinions

I'm pretty sure I admitted up thread I didn't understand women and have given up trying. Not that 99.9% of women these days are even worth giving the time of day to.

Reading is fundamental.

orate

So sorry, Boniface. 

I did catch that you said that.  I was more referring to others who want to answer the question for the women.

Yes, reading is fundamental. "To  women."
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Ragnarok

Quote from: orate on December 20, 2021, 09:02:56 AM

To be fair, women don't want to understand the female psyche either.

Comprehending the mate-selection process of the female psyche is essentially diving into the void. A huge part of the innocence and naivety you have towards life will die. It's a horrifying process of crucifixion that leads to growth, and because of it, most men unconsciously refuse what's plainly visible right in front of them.

Our society props up illusions via mass media to keep men asleep; if men understood the female psyche collectively, feminism would violently die tomorrow.