FSSP: CDW Response to Dubia on Tc doesn't apply to us

Started by GiftOfGod, December 18, 2021, 08:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiftOfGod

QuoteThe recent document from the Congregation for Divine Worship released on December 18th does not directly address the former Ecclesia Dei communities such as the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter who possess their own proper law.

The members of the Fraternity of St. Peter promised to be faithful to our Constitutions at the time of our admittance into the Fraternity, and we remain committed to exactly that: fidelity to the Successor of Peter and the faithful observance of the "liturgical and disciplinary traditions" of the Church in accordance with the provisions of the Motu Proprio Ecclesia Dei of July 2, 1988, which is at the origin of our foundation.  The superiors of the Priestly Fraternity will be studying the document more closely while maintaining our ministry to the faithful entrusted to our care.

https://fssp.com/statement-dec-18/
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Lynne

Interesting. I guess we'll see if the bishops agree.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Prayerful

The parish priest where I often hear Mass, also head of an Oratory in Formation also says it doesn't apply to him. That priest is cunning and prudent, trained to chant Latin like no other, so I do not see him offering remarks on the latest doc idly.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

King Wenceslas

In February an overseer is suppose to be put over FSSP. If that happens we will see TC being implemented in FSSP.

Then the Latin mass will be converted over to the NO over the next several years. FSSP time has come as it came for the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate.

Prayerful

Who knows? I thought Francis would do little as Benedict was alive, but that counted for nothing. Francis probably enjoyed humiliating him. The FSSP was a JP2 creation. The only thing that will protect the FSSP from mischief is the physical fragility of the Argentine. I cannot see them using the Novus Ordo, although the priests can concelebrate it any time. We will see.

Pray Francis abandons his lewd, unCatholic ways.

:pray1:
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Heinrich

Quote from: Prayerful on December 19, 2021, 07:08:42 PM
Who knows? I thought Francis would do little as Benedict was alive, but that counted for nothing. Francis probably enjoyed humiliating him. The FSSP was a JP2 creation. The only thing that will protect the FSSP from mischief is the physical fragility of the Argentine. I cannot see them using the Novus Ordo, although the priests can concelebrate it any time. We will see.

Most don't concelebrate. And won't.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Hormisdas

Interesting... the FSSP statement doesn't appear to be signed/authorized by anyone.

From this thread's Subject entry:
Quote...doesn't apply to us

Their statement cannot be construed as such.  If the FSSP truly believes they are immune, there would be no reason for
QuoteThe superiors of the Priestly Fraternity will be studying the document more closely
They don't know if it applies to them... or they're hoping it doesn't.  They aren't exactly "exuding confidence" in the matter at the moment.

Peculiarly, it states:
Quotedoes not directly address the former Ecclesia Dei communities
Which prompts the query: Why should the document bother to address the former Ecclesia Dei communities... if they are, indeed, FORMER?  It's old news: Bergoglio suppressed Ecclesia Dei in 2019.

Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, Vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.

Quapropter potius animam curare memento, quam carnem, quoniam haec manet, illa perit.

Prayerful

Quote from: Heinrich on December 19, 2021, 08:22:00 PM
Quote from: Prayerful on December 19, 2021, 07:08:42 PM

Most don't concelebrate. And won't.

I know, hence them getting yanked out of Dijon, but the ICKSP who replaced them, don't either. I suppose that was Francis-signalling.