Sitcoms

Started by Jayne, June 26, 2021, 07:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on June 27, 2021, 10:13:15 AM
Yes, but more than this, recent studies have shown that some focus on grammar before exposure to spoken input significantly improves the processing of that input. So, it's not a question of replacing one with the other, but rather of sequencing them in the way that is most effective for acquisition.

Grammar is my strongest area in language learning and I instinctively focus on it first.  It's interesting that there are studies now showing this is an effective strategy.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: Jayne on June 27, 2021, 10:25:05 AM
Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on June 27, 2021, 10:13:15 AM
Yes, but more than this, recent studies have shown that some focus on grammar before exposure to spoken input significantly improves the processing of that input. So, it's not a question of replacing one with the other, but rather of sequencing them in the way that is most effective for acquisition.

Grammar is my strongest area in language learning and I instinctively focus on it first.  It's interesting that there are studies now showing this is an effective strategy.

Yes, in case it wasn't clear, I didn't mean to suggest that you (or anyone) put off listening to the language. Rather I meant to encourage you to (continue to) study grammar explicitly in order to get more out of your listening.  :)