Wearing Masks at Mass

Started by Pietrelcina, May 18, 2020, 10:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Curt Jester

Quote from: Ascetik on January 19, 2022, 08:33:05 AM
Everyone who wears a mask continues to perpetuate the fear propaganda put out by the government and MSM over this completely absurd scam. Stop complying with this nonsense. There is plenty of evidence that masks do absolutely nothing to prevent disease.

Agree.  People who comply prolong it for everybody.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

james03

This thread was created before the COVID subforum was created.  I recommend letting it die.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Xavier

Today, I got fined 200 Rs for not wearing a mask. I usually don't wear masks much, but then decided it wasn't worth it. It's a small thing and not worth fighting about in my opinion, provided they don't go to undue limits in taking away our freedom. I bought a 10 Rs mask in the nearby shop and wore it and after that the police said nothing. In my opinion, we can comply with the government whenever the government is not asking us to sin. If the government asked me something against my Faith, I would absolutely refuse, even if it meant persecution. But a small mask thing is not a big deal imho, as long as people are free in other respects, and there is no danger of tyranny.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

MaximGun

Masks are now dropped in the UK.  No mandate.

Proud to say I never wore one.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: MaximGun on January 19, 2022, 09:27:02 AM

We wore N95 masks in March and April 2020.  We rarely left the house, anyway.  We even had our groceries delivered by a service and sanitized them before putting them away.  The only time we went out was to buy gasoline and go to my pregnant wife's medical checkups.

Our entire diocese was shut down until Ascension Thursday, so we weren't even going to Mass.  We watched livestreamed Mass on Facebook.  We still went to confession for First Saturdays, but that was the only time we went out.  Every time we had to go out, after we got home, we immediately changed our clothing and washed our hands and any other skin that had touched anything.

We thought tHe ViRuS was serious because our employers, friends, and family were all taking it very seriously, and initial speculation guesstimated that the fatality rate might be as high as that of SARS 1.

What is the purpose of my writing this?

1. Our actions might have been appropriate if tHe ViRuS had a true IFR in the 10% range where some people initially estimated it.  But, for a virus with a 0.3% (or lower) IFR, these actions are buffoonery.

2. Some people on this forum probably aren't happy with my reluctance to mask or get the jab.  I hope they will understand that I'm not unreasonable:  I did mask when I thought the virus was serious, and I would jab if the jabs were (1) not abortion-tainted (they are), (2) effective (they're not), and (3) side-effect free (hoo boy).

3. Kudos to everyone who knew from the beginning and didn't spend Q2 2020 in fear.
this page left intentionally blank

MaximGun

Every time we had to go out, after we got home, we immediately changed our clothing and washed our hands and any other skin that had touched anything.

I have 2 neighbours that do this.

To be fair they are in their 60s and she is ill.  But I did point out to them that the virus is airborne not transmitted on surfaces.

They asked me about the vaccines.  They have been tripled as of a month ago.  I suggested the skipped it for the summertime and see what transpires next winter.  Put it off until they think they might need it.  They don't work so they can easily lock themselves down for 2 weeks and not see anyone if a new "variant" emerges.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: The Curt Jester on January 19, 2022, 08:36:30 AM
Agree.  People who comply prolong it for everybody.
We didn't comply and it had no bearing on the longevity of the mandates.

diaduit

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on January 19, 2022, 09:46:05 AM
Quote from: MaximGun on January 19, 2022, 09:27:02 AM

We wore N95 masks in March and April 2020.  We rarely left the house, anyway.  We even had our groceries delivered by a service and sanitized them before putting them away.  The only time we went out was to buy gasoline and go to my pregnant wife's medical checkups.

Our entire diocese was shut down until Ascension Thursday, so we weren't even going to Mass.  We watched livestreamed Mass on Facebook.  We still went to confession for First Saturdays, but that was the only time we went out.  Every time we had to go out, after we got home, we immediately changed our clothing and washed our hands and any other skin that had touched anything.

We thought tHe ViRuS was serious because our employers, friends, and family were all taking it very seriously, and initial speculation guesstimated that the fatality rate might be as high as that of SARS 1.

What is the purpose of my writing this?

1. Our actions might have been appropriate if tHe ViRuS had a true IFR in the 10% range where some people initially estimated it.  But, for a virus with a 0.3% (or lower) IFR, these actions are buffoonery.

2. Some people on this forum probably aren't happy with my reluctance to mask or get the jab.  I hope they will understand that I'm not unreasonable:  I did mask when I thought the virus was serious, and I would jab if the jabs were (1) not abortion-tainted (they are), (2) effective (they're not), and (3) side-effect free (hoo boy).

3. Kudos to everyone who knew from the beginning and didn't spend Q2 2020 in fear.

I was the exact same in my house and the funny thing was I wore masks when no one was wearing them i.e  I decided for myself and wasn't waiting for the government to tell me to do it albeit I was wrong :)

Two weeks into our lockdown, between posts here (thank you Miriam and James) and Amazing polly then seeing the most bizarre almost poolside like atmosphere  with doctors and nurses outside my local hospital I realised it was BS.  Reality did not  correlate with what I was told, the square did not fit the circle.

andy

I have never had a mask on me in the church (even when passively attending NO a few times in that period of time). Resisted to wear one in public places unless was forced to do so in order to get common goods. Was forced by airline companies on many occasions though.

james03

QuoteMasks are now dropped in the UK.  No mandate.

Maybe Partygate resulted in a positive side benefit?
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Prayerful

Almost no one wears it at the diocesan TLM. The sacristan wears one (he thinks the matter nonsense) but the Abp does make COVID compliance of some sort a mark of obedience. No rows partitioned off either. And holy water stoops filled. Better than any other diocesan church which has hand sanitiser near an empty stoop, perhaps a new sacramental of the hygiene god. The SSPX chapel was wholly clear of the COVID junk, as far as I can tell.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Gardener

I've never worn a mask at Mass. I only wear one into and out of the building at work, and then take it off at my desk.

My favorite thing is at work we had a guy who would wear a mask and gloves everywhere. I once saw him lick his gloved finger to turn a sheet of paper that was being stubborn. The mind boggles.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Elizabeth.2

Quote from: andy on January 19, 2022, 03:44:54 PM
I have never had a mask on me in the church (even when passively attending NO a few times in that period of time). Resisted to wear one in public places unless was forced to do so in order to get common goods. Was forced by airline companies on many occasions though.
same same
May our Holy Guardian Angels be our guide.

PS I didn't wear a mask for a long time at all, because in DC nobody was even outside for weeks. Nobody saw me.

Prayerful

Quote from: Gardener on January 19, 2022, 06:28:18 PM
I've never worn a mask at Mass. I only wear one into and out of the building at work, and then take it off at my desk.

My favorite thing is at work we had a guy who would wear a mask and gloves everywhere. I once saw him lick his gloved finger to turn a sheet of paper that was being stubborn. The mind boggles.

Now in fairness there are a portion of people who have immune system issues, but likely it was another one turned into a five mask fruit by the propaganda.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Reader

Quote from: Gardener on January 19, 2022, 06:28:18 PM

That reminded me of a young woman (early 20s) who sat in the cube next to me at work. She would blow on her cup of coffee to cool it before each sip..... with the sippy cup lid still on.