Author Topic: Wearing Masks at Mass  (Read 4135 times)

Offline Stu Cool

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Korporal
Re: Wearing Masks at Mass
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2020, 02:44:28 PM »
almost 2000 page "stimulus" bills.

To be fair, the way they format these it takes up a lot of space and there is a lot of white space.

Offline TradGranny

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2020, 03:06:58 PM »
If you see little problem with masks, what about contact tracking apps, immunity passports, vaccination identity cards?  What would be your red flag?

You bring up a great point. The enemies of God have craftily created a slippery slope. They know that most sheeple will not rebel at masks (which don't help.)

Most people, because they need to work to support their families will not rebel at either immunity passports or vaccination identity cards.

Most people will submit to contact tracing snoops coming into their homes to question them and their family member.

Most people will submit to mandatory testing.

Most people who have complied this far will probably also submit to mandatory shots.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

The following users thanked this post: awkwardcustomer, Christina_S, Blue Violet

Offline trentcath

• Feldwebel
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2020, 03:27:36 PM »

Contact tracking apps are borderline, although lets be real the government can already track us if it wants, immunity passports would obviously be a no no. They would create second class citizens and be of dubious value. As for vaccination identity cards I am quite sure many countries already keep records of vaccinations, at least I remember having a list of my vaccinations somewhere years ago...

It's not a question of tracking you. It will then give the government the go-ahead to impose house arrest on you if you have come into contact with an "infected" person.

The reason we are in this position is because people are willing to put up with each new "minor inconvenience" or curtailing of our civil liberties since the government tells me it's for my own good. What I don't understand is why more people can't see it.

I somehow doubt it would come to that, but we'll see. I think there's a big difference between masks and contact tracing though, and an even bigger one between optional and mandatory tracing and quarantine via contact tracing. I think there's a risk of looking crazy if we fight over every little thing, hence why I don't object to masks in certain circumstances. Frankly, I also don't see a huge issue with contact tracing if that's the price to be paid to open the economy and live life normally. I wouldn't be happy with it forever but its the lesser of two evils and people are a bit naive if they think they are going to be able to stop it. Until people regain their reason, which is unlikely, all we are doing is an exercise in damage control.

The lesser of two evils ……

Yes, and?

…. is still evil.

But you already knew this.
  ::)

We both know that "the lesser of two evils" is an English saying about two bad choices, it doesn't imply either is "evil" in the sense you are using it. 

In any event I do not see some sort of regulations regarding mask usage as a problem in current circumstances. Others are, of course, free to believe what they wish.

Offline trentcath

• Feldwebel
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2020, 03:28:56 PM »

Contact tracking apps are borderline, although lets be real the government can already track us if it wants, immunity passports would obviously be a no no. They would create second class citizens and be of dubious value. As for vaccination identity cards I am quite sure many countries already keep records of vaccinations, at least I remember having a list of my vaccinations somewhere years ago...

It's not a question of tracking you. It will then give the government the go-ahead to impose house arrest on you if you have come into contact with an "infected" person.

The reason we are in this position is because people are willing to put up with each new "minor inconvenience" or curtailing of our civil liberties since the government tells me it's for my own good. What I don't understand is why more people can't see it.

I somehow doubt it would come to that, but we'll see. I think there's a big difference between masks and contact tracing though, and an even bigger one between optional and mandatory tracing and quarantine via contact tracing. I think there's a risk of looking crazy if we fight over every little thing, hence why I don't object to masks in certain circumstances. Frankly, I also don't see a huge issue with contact tracing if that's the price to be paid to open the economy and live life normally. I wouldn't be happy with it forever but its the lesser of two evils and people are a bit naive if they think they are going to be able to stop it. Until people regain their reason, which is unlikely, all we are doing is an exercise in damage control.

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/apple-s-ios-update-here-it-includes-coronavirus-contact-tracing-n1212016

Well that didn't take long. Amazing how quickly these things get developed: apps, vaccines, almost 2000 page "stimulus" bills. It's almost as if they were planning all of this.

A lot of copying and pasting and late nights/early mornings is a more likely explanation than a conspiracy theory.

Offline abc123

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2020, 04:05:34 PM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/apple-s-ios-update-here-it-includes-coronavirus-contact-tracing-n1212016

Well that didn't take long. Amazing how quickly these things get developed: apps, vaccines, almost 2000 page "stimulus" bills. It's almost as if they were planning all of this.

A lot of copying and pasting and late nights/early mornings is a more likely explanation than a conspiracy theory.

Perhaps you could let me borrow one of your blue pills. Yelling into the void while people meekly march into their technocratic Brave New World is getting tiring.

The following users thanked this post: TradGranny, Blue Violet

Offline Vetus Ordo

• Feldwebel
  • Hopeful Fatalist
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2020, 07:51:42 PM »
The fact is, the coronavirus really isn't a big deal.

You can't seriously posit that a global pandemic that forced governments that are natural enemies into the same type of measures isn't a "big deal."

And even if it was, what people don't seem to realize that nobody becomes sick unless God wills it.

Nothing that happens can happen without God willing it or ordaining it from all eternity. But the rest doesn't follow. Just because we recognize God's sovereignty over all creation doesn't mean we don't act upon illnesses, disasters, etc. We are to act prudentially as rational beings. When you cut your arm open after falling down, indeed God willed it. But it doesn't follow that you shouldn't stitch it up.

The mask thus connotes man's rebellion against God.

Man's rebellion against God is signified by a multitude of actions that have nothing to do with the present crisis. Every time you willfully sin, you rebel against God.

The mask is a mere prudential measure in the face of a global pandemic.

The salvific powers of secular scientists and government have surpassed even those of God, and so we don't need God anymore. We can close the churches, and ditch the sacraments, and even cut off contact with our neighbor... so long as we hide behind the mask. It's literally become a type of the mark of the beast: nobody is permitted to buy or sell groceries unless he wears a mask.

Does a disinfection of a surgery room surpass the powers of God too? Or using bandages when you get an open wound?
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

The following users thanked this post: Fleur-de-Lys

Offline trentcath

• Feldwebel
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2020, 08:12:01 PM »

Perhaps you could let me borrow one of your blue pills. Yelling into the void while people meekly march into their technocratic Brave New World is getting tiring.

And perhaps you could lend me some tinfoil so I can make my own hat?  ;)

Offline TradGranny

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2020, 02:52:38 PM »

This is from 2016
Federal Register (link below)

3. §70.6 Apprehension and Detention of Persons With Quarantinable Communicable Diseases

Through this NPRM, HHS/CDC has proposed to change the text of this provision.

We have modified “infected with a quarantinable communicable disease” to clarify, consistent with the statute's requirements, that the individual must be in the “qualifying stage” of a quarantinable communicable disease, which we also define. We did this to better align our regulations with the Public Health Service Act which authorizes the “apprehension and examination of any individual reasonably believed to be infected with a [quarantinable communicable] disease

. . .
4. §70.10 Public Health Prevention Measures To Detect Communicable Disease
. . . During a public health risk assessment, if facts or circumstances are discovered that give rise to a reasonable belief that the individual is infected, as defined under this NPRM, with a quarantinable communicable disease in its qualifying stage, CDC may authorize the quarantine, isolation, or conditional release of the individual. Similarly, an individual's refusal to be screened may result in quarantine, isolation, or conditional release, but only if sufficient facts and circumstances otherwise exist giving rise to a reasonable belief that the individual is infected with a quarantinable communicable disease in its qualifying stage.

.https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2016/08/15/2016-18103/control-of-communicable-diseases.
Saint Teresa of Avila

The following users thanked this post: Blue Violet

Offline King Wenceslas

• They created covid the killer and the killer got loose.
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2020, 11:44:13 AM »

This is from 2016
Federal Register (link below)

3. §70.6 Apprehension and Detention of Persons With Quarantinable Communicable Diseases

Through this NPRM, HHS/CDC has proposed to change the text of this provision.

We have modified “infected with a quarantinable communicable disease” to clarify, consistent with the statute's requirements, that the individual must be in the “qualifying stage” of a quarantinable communicable disease, which we also define. We did this to better align our regulations with the Public Health Service Act which authorizes the “apprehension and examination of any individual reasonably believed to be infected with a [quarantinable communicable] disease

. . .
4. §70.10 Public Health Prevention Measures To Detect Communicable Disease
. . . During a public health risk assessment, if facts or circumstances are discovered that give rise to a reasonable belief that the individual is infected, as defined under this NPRM, with a quarantinable communicable disease in its qualifying stage, CDC may authorize the quarantine, isolation, or conditional release of the individual. Similarly, an individual's refusal to be screened may result in quarantine, isolation, or conditional release, but only if sufficient facts and circumstances otherwise exist giving rise to a reasonable belief that the individual is infected with a quarantinable communicable disease in its qualifying stage.

.https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2016/08/15/2016-18103/control-of-communicable-diseases.

Think of Typhoid Mary. Would anyone here like to see another one of her running around?

Offline TradGranny

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2020, 03:03:43 PM »

[/quote]
Think of Typhoid Mary. Would anyone here like to see another one of her running around?
[/quote]

You give us a perfect example of an emotional image designed to short-circuit the intellect and scare the population into submission to the satanic NWO.
Saint Teresa of Avila

The following users thanked this post: Miriam_M, Gardener, diaduit, Blue Violet

Offline lauermar

• "Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night!" from 'All About Eve' (1950).
  • Feldwebel
  • Baby Boomer
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2020, 08:47:25 AM »
I have a classmate friend with COPD who is able to go about her business wearing her custom fitted DME respirator mask. She is on Medicare and it was approved. If COPD patients can shop for groceries at big box stores they can go to mass if they want. In fact I believe mass is safer.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Blue Violet

Offline lauermar

• "Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night!" from 'All About Eve' (1950).
  • Feldwebel
  • Baby Boomer
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2020, 07:54:39 AM »
Speaking of masks---it isn't a rebellion against God per se, it is merely stupid, ineffective and a waste of time for the general public. When I went to nursing school I studied microbiology and infection control. If you take a grain of salt and cut it into 100,000 pieces, that's how small viruses are. They hang in the air long after those large droplets from speaking, sneezing and coughing fall to the floor.

I've been telling others that Covid is so small it can easily pass through non-professional  masks, coffee or other filters. Professional N95 masks work for a limited time and can't be reused. Only custom fit medical grade DME respirators offer protection and are best worn by lung patients and at-risk persons working in areas of concentrated exposure. The general public does not need to wear masks. Here is a scientific article that backs that up.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/04/commentary-masks-all-covid-19-not-based-sound-data
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 08:03:48 AM by lauermar »
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

The following users thanked this post: Blue Violet

Online MaximGun

• Feldwebel
  • Religion: Trad Catholic
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2022, 02:44:17 AM »

TrentCath.  Care to give us an update on your thinking now?

Offline ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • LET'S GO BRANDON!
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2022, 08:04:51 AM »
Speaking of masks---it isn't a rebellion against God per se, it is merely stupid, ineffective and a waste of time for the general public. When I went to nursing school I studied microbiology and infection control. If you take a grain of salt and cut it into 100,000 pieces, that's how small viruses are. They hang in the air long after those large droplets from speaking, sneezing and coughing fall to the floor.

I've been telling others that Covid is so small it can easily pass through non-professional  masks, coffee or other filters. Professional N95 masks work for a limited time and can't be reused. Only custom fit medical grade DME respirators offer protection and are best worn by lung patients and at-risk persons working in areas of concentrated exposure. The general public does not need to wear masks. Here is a scientific article that backs that up.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/04/commentary-masks-all-covid-19-not-based-sound-data

Oh boy
this page left intentionally blank

The following users thanked this post: james03

Offline Ascetik

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Korporal
  • Deus Vult!
  • Religion: Uber Ultra 1337 Trad
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2022, 09:33:05 AM »
Everyone who wears a mask continues to perpetuate the fear propaganda put out by the government and MSM over this completely absurd scam. Stop complying with this nonsense. There is plenty of evidence that masks do absolutely nothing to prevent disease.

The following users thanked this post: james03, diaduit, Melkor, ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez