Author Topic: Wearing Masks at Mass  (Read 4134 times)

Offline awkwardcustomer

• Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Wearing Masks at Mass
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2020, 10:51:56 AM »
Masks are gags, basically, to muzzle people into silence.  They are deeply sinister and all the more so because they are justified on the basis of consideration for others.

Lol, sorry, but I think a lot of the people on this thread are a little too paranoid.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

The following users thanked this post: Padraig, Blue Violet

Offline Blue Violet

• Hellebardier
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2020, 12:44:06 PM »
Well on the one hand, you might think that wearing a mask is an act of charity. Because supposedly it reduces the spread of sickness and whatnot. Whether there's any truth to this, I cannot say. It seems to make sense. So I suppose that if that's your intention, then there's not much wrong with it.

But I think this is more of a false charity. The fact is, the coronavirus really isn't a big deal. And even if it was, what people don't seem to realize that nobody becomes sick unless God wills it. The mask thus connotes man's rebellion against God. The salvific powers of secular scientists and government have surpassed even those of God, and so we don't need God anymore. We can close the churches, and ditch the sacraments, and even cut off contact with our neighbor... so long as we hide behind the mask. It's literally become a type of the mark of the beast: nobody is permitted to buy or sell groceries unless he wears a mask.

Now ignoring all the coronavirus nonsense, the one thing that I'd say that would be "wrong" about wearing a mask is the simple fact that it's a bit odd to be wearing a surgical mask if you're not a surgeon. I believe the whole mask-wearing thing began in Japan several years back as a fashion craze, and in the past few years began gaining momentum even in America. But just as we don't wear trendy clothes to church such as to draw attention to ourselves, and just as we don't wear Halloween masks or masquerade masks to church, we also probably shouldn't be surgical wearing masks to church. Because it's a vain and inappropriate thing to do.

Though I suppose that wearing a plain surgical mask in the midst of an epi-pandemic might not be comparable to wearing a Halloween mask for no good reason whatsoever.

This is already happening where I live.  Some places won't let you go inside without a mask on.  And it is not just grocery stores.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 12:45:38 PM by Blue Violet »
"You will win many souls through your devotion to  the Sacred Heart and the Little Flower.

Our Lord Jesus Christ to Rhonda Wise

http://baptismofdesire.com/

Offline trentcath

• Feldwebel
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2020, 12:53:04 PM »
Masks are gags, basically, to muzzle people into silence.  They are deeply sinister and all the more so because they are justified on the basis of consideration for others.

Lol, sorry, but I think a lot of the people on this thread are a little too paranoid.

Out to get you by making you wear half a mask?  :rofl:

Sorry, but as much as I agree with most of you in other areas I can't agree here.

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2020, 12:59:46 PM »
I don't wear a mask anywhere, but if there was some rule about mask into Mass, I'd wear it going in. Pile of crap.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Offline awkwardcustomer

• Feldwebel
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2020, 01:30:57 PM »

Sorry, but as much as I agree with most of you in other areas I can't agree here.

You don't have to agree.

Time will tell.

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/665107-just-because-you-re-paranoid-doesn-t-mean-they-aren-t-after-you

And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  

The following users thanked this post: Blue Violet

Offline trentcath

• Feldwebel
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2020, 01:39:19 PM »

You don't have to agree.

Time will tell.

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/665107-just-because-you-re-paranoid-doesn-t-mean-they-aren-t-after-you

Quite true. But if people start making martyrs of themselves by refusing to wear half-masks etc... I am not going to support them. Of course, once Covid-19 etc... is over or if its all revealed to be a load of trash then that's another story.

Offline awkwardcustomer

• Feldwebel
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2020, 02:09:11 PM »

You don't have to agree.

Time will tell.

Quite true. But if people start making martyrs of themselves by refusing to wear half-masks etc... I am not going to support them. Of course, once Covid-19 etc... is over or if its all revealed to be a load of trash then that's another story.

I'm not advocating a point blank refusal to wear masks.  Because there's always the possibility, albeit remote, that Covid-19 is a genuine pandemic and that the actions taken by governments across the world are sensible and appropriate.

But since the virus is of little or no threat to most people and at the same time presents an ideal opportunity to roll out the mass digital surveillance systems that the conspiracy theorists have been warning about for decades, I think it's eminently sensible, and not at all paranoid, to consider all possibilities.

There are pros and cons to wearing masks from a health point of view, but the push to encourage/force everyone to wear them is a huge red flag, IMO.  The propaganda is relentless.  They're becoming fashion items.  And worst of all, those who question mask wearing and protest against it are being labelled as selfish and disobedient.

If you see little problem with masks, what about contact tracking apps, immunity passports, vaccination identity cards?  What would be your red flag? 

Offline trentcath

• Feldwebel
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2020, 04:03:07 PM »

You don't have to agree.

Time will tell.

I'm not advocating a point blank refusal to wear masks.  Because there's always the possibility, albeit remote, that Covid-19 is a genuine pandemic and that the actions taken by governments across the world are sensible and appropriate.

But since the virus is of little or no threat to most people and at the same time presents an ideal opportunity to roll out the mass digital surveillance systems that the conspiracy theorists have been warning about for decades, I think it's eminently sensible, and not at all paranoid, to consider all possibilities.

There are pros and cons to wearing masks from a health point of view, but the push to encourage/force everyone to wear them is a huge red flag, IMO.  The propaganda is relentless.  They're becoming fashion items.  And worst of all, those who question mask wearing and protest against it are being labelled as selfish and disobedient.

If you see little problem with masks, what about contact tracking apps, immunity passports, vaccination identity cards?  What would be your red flag?

Contact tracking apps are borderline, although lets be real the government can already track us if it wants, immunity passports would obviously be a no no. They would create second class citizens and be of dubious value. As for vaccination identity cards I am quite sure many countries already keep records of vaccinations, at least I remember having a list of my vaccinations somewhere years ago...

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2020, 05:44:55 PM »
Next thing you know they'll make us wear Mao suits and wave Little Red Books.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Offline abc123

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2020, 06:09:57 PM »

Contact tracking apps are borderline, although lets be real the government can already track us if it wants, immunity passports would obviously be a no no. They would create second class citizens and be of dubious value. As for vaccination identity cards I am quite sure many countries already keep records of vaccinations, at least I remember having a list of my vaccinations somewhere years ago...

It's not a question of tracking you. It will then give the government the go-ahead to impose house arrest on you if you have come into contact with an "infected" person.

The reason we are in this position is because people are willing to put up with each new "minor inconvenience" or curtailing of our civil liberties since the government tells me it's for my own good. What I don't understand is why more people can't see it.

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Michael Wilson, Blue Violet, MaximGun

Offline trentcath

• Feldwebel
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2020, 09:17:47 PM »

It's not a question of tracking you. It will then give the government the go-ahead to impose house arrest on you if you have come into contact with an "infected" person.

The reason we are in this position is because people are willing to put up with each new "minor inconvenience" or curtailing of our civil liberties since the government tells me it's for my own good. What I don't understand is why more people can't see it.

I somehow doubt it would come to that, but we'll see. I think there's a big difference between masks and contact tracing though, and an even bigger one between optional and mandatory tracing and quarantine via contact tracing. I think there's a risk of looking crazy if we fight over every little thing, hence why I don't object to masks in certain circumstances. Frankly, I also don't see a huge issue with contact tracing if that's the price to be paid to open the economy and live life normally. I wouldn't be happy with it forever but its the lesser of two evils and people are a bit naive if they think they are going to be able to stop it. Until people regain their reason, which is unlikely, all we are doing is an exercise in damage control.

Offline awkwardcustomer

• Feldwebel
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2020, 03:59:11 AM »

I somehow doubt it would come to that, but we'll see. I think there's a big difference between masks and contact tracing though, and an even bigger one between optional and mandatory tracing and quarantine via contact tracing. I think there's a risk of looking crazy if we fight over every little thing, hence why I don't object to masks in certain circumstances. Frankly, I also don't see a huge issue with contact tracing if that's the price to be paid to open the economy and live life normally. I wouldn't be happy with it forever but its the lesser of two evils and people are a bit naive if they think they are going to be able to stop it. Until people regain their reason, which is unlikely, all we are doing is an exercise in damage control.

The lesser of two evils

Offline trentcath

• Feldwebel
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2020, 08:37:43 AM »

The lesser of two evils

Yes, and?

Offline awkwardcustomer

• Feldwebel
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2020, 11:39:37 AM »

The lesser of two evils

Yes, and?

. is still evil.

But you already knew this.

Offline abc123

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2020, 01:03:14 PM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/apple-s-ios-update-here-it-includes-coronavirus-contact-tracing-n1212016

Well that didn't take long. Amazing how quickly these things get developed: apps, vaccines, almost 2000 page "stimulus" bills. It's almost as if they were planning all of this.

The following users thanked this post: awkwardcustomer, Blue Violet