Author Topic: Normandt' Catholic Meditations  (Read 20175 times)

Offline Normandt

• Wachtmeister
    • Facebook
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Normandt' Catholic Meditations
« Reply #600 on: July 31, 2021, 07:07:31 AM »

404. The testimony of God

John tells us:
ďIf we accept human testimony, the testimony of God is surely greater. Now the testimony of God is this, that he has testified on behalf of his Son.Ē 1 John, chapter 5, verse 9

The testimonies are multiple. When a team wins in hockey, we value, in the newspapers, the effort and commitment of the players. When there is a traffic accident, the witnesses say what they saw.

When people go on a visit to a natural environment that is breathtaking, they are in front of something different. Nature raises our spirit, it isnít invented by humans. Nature is there, simply, with its beauties, its colours, its diversity of species.

Another adventure, another testimony comes to disrupt the course of history. That of the Creator to Moses, who calls himself ďI amĒ, God. Then the evangelists and many other people testified about Jesus and this continues today. Each personís testimony will reveal one aspect or another of what they have seen and heard. Our testimony of faith reminds us that God is always there, present with us and continues to Love us.

Book: Joy in heaven!
Normand Thomas
God says : I Love you
___

Thank you Lord for Loving me
and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Offline Normandt

• Wachtmeister
    • Facebook
« Reply #601 on: July 31, 2021, 07:08:57 AM »
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Offline Normandt

• Wachtmeister
    • Facebook
« Reply #602 on: August 01, 2021, 06:49:12 AM »

405. They are One

There is also Godís testimony to his Son. The Father recognizes himself in his Son. They are One. Now, what the Father says of the Son is the summit as testimony. John confirms it:
ďThis is the testimony: God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

Whoever possesses the Son has life; whoever does not possess the Son of God does not have life.Ē 1 John, chapter 5, verses 11 to 12

The Son is one with us, taking flesh of the Virgin Mary. He pays homage to our human nature, since humanity is his jewel. He wants to bring us back to him.

Itís a privilege for humanity to receive Jesus, but sometimes, because of sin, people donít do justice to God. Jesus has come to bring us back to the purity of God.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Offline Normandt

• Wachtmeister
    • Facebook
« Reply #603 on: August 01, 2021, 06:50:20 AM »
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Offline Normandt

• Wachtmeister
    • Facebook
« Reply #604 on: August 02, 2021, 07:06:57 AM »

406. Johnís testimony

John shares his testimony:
ďI write these things to you so that you may know that you have eternal life, you who believe in the name of the Son of God.Ē 1 John, chapter 5, verse 13

Our testimony helps deepen our faith in Jesus. The purpose of our life is to place our faith in him. This testimony in Jesus is valid for the world. This is the testimony of testimonies. Nothing surpasses this one.

God also receives our testimony to him. Itís our way of paying tribute to what we receive. We ask Jesus to purify us more so that our testimony will become through prayer, mass and fasting, the one that Jesus wants to hear.

May our testimony to communion with the Word and the Eucharist reflect our desire to make Jesus known, as the Father testifies:
ďThis is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.Ē Matthew, chapter 3, verse 17

Then Jesus bears testimony to the Father and his Spirit by sending it to us:
I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you always, the Spirit of truth, which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it. But you know it, because it remains with you, and will be in you. John, chapter 14, verses 16 to 17

Letís communicate with the Holy Spirit, letís keep him with us. We will see the wonders that the Trinity will realize in our heart and in the world.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Offline Normandt

• Wachtmeister
    • Facebook
« Reply #605 on: August 02, 2021, 07:08:32 AM »
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Offline Normandt

• Wachtmeister
    • Facebook
« Reply #606 on: August 03, 2021, 06:16:15 AM »

407. Joy

Many people live the poverty of not being in joy. God tells us:
ďThere shall always be rejoicing and happiness in what I create; for I create Jerusalem to be a joy and its people to be a delight; I will rejoice in Jerusalem and exult in my people.Ē Isaiah, chapter 65, verses 18 to 19

God creates every second, He creates us right now. Weíre in the constant creation of God. Letís repeat what God says: ďRejoice, exult without end for what I create.Ē

He creates. He offers us to be in joy, to live with his joy, here and now. We have every reason to rejoice when we think of God, when we do our best to work in his vineyard, when we place our trust and life in him.

Letís exult, because God is present with us, God feeds us and showered us with truth and graces.

The authentic journey is to place our faith in Jesus. We can already be in Godís joy and exult to know that Jesus is life and he invites us to live eternally with the Trinity.

Every day we have reasons to rejoice to know that God is with us, if we place our life and the lives of our family, friends and everyone we meet in his hands.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Offline Normandt

• Wachtmeister
    • Facebook
« Reply #607 on: August 03, 2021, 06:17:49 AM »
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Offline Normandt

• Wachtmeister
    • Facebook
« Reply #608 on: August 04, 2021, 07:17:30 AM »

408. We see God

As Jesus said in the Beatitudes:
ďBlessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.Ē Matthew, chapter 5, verse 8

Itís important to see God one day, if not in our time, in eternity. To see him, letís let God turn our heart into a pure heart.

To see God, letís welcome his Love into our life and accept to joyfully share our experience of faith. The more we share the Love received from God, the more it grows in us. The more the flower receives sun, water and nutrients from the soil, the more it will grow and offer the beauty it receives from God, for the eyes of passers-by.

Letís not be afraid to be so much in Jesus that he will show himself to us. And for people who have never seen Jesus, itís not a lack, itís only because Jesus is so close to their heart that he doesnít seem to be perceptible to their senses.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Offline Normandt

• Wachtmeister
    • Facebook
« Reply #609 on: August 04, 2021, 07:18:54 AM »
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Offline Normandt

• Wachtmeister
    • Facebook
« Reply #610 on: Today at 06:59:53 AM »

409. Intense joy

Seeing God doesnít necessarily mean seeing him with our eyes. We can see him with the eyes of the heart, in the good deeds of people, in us and in all that is realized of good, beautiful and true in the world. The pure heart is to become like a child, to shed oneself of what isnít necessary, of what keeps us captive.

To see Jesus is to see Love and to see Love is to see the Trinity. Humanly, with our eyes we do not see Love. But the Love we receive from God is what motivates us during life. We all seek love when the Love of God is offered for free. As soon as we feel the true, pure, real love, we actually receive the Love that comes from God, which comes from Jesus.

Then, there was a multitude of people who had the privilege of knowing Jesus, who had the deep and intense joy of entering into a deep relationship with him.

We may have had this chance to feel Jesusís presence in our heart, to discover his person in our lives and to understand that he is the Master and Lord, then to grasp that his only judgment is his Love, that he Loves us with a total and definitive Love.

Paul gives us the purpose of faith. In Christ Jesus:
ďYou are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the holy ones and members of the household of God.Ē Ephesians, chapter 2, verse 19

Do we believe it? In Jesus, we become saints, people of his family? Letís share what we lived with the Trinity. Itís a good time to testify.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Offline Normandt

• Wachtmeister
    • Facebook