Rosarium left Fisheaters

Started by Ben, February 04, 2013, 06:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voxxpopulisuxx

The head lady and him no longer see eye to eye. Rosarium is too catholic for fe. NOT sarcasm
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Mithrandylan

All of this, of course, to protect the feelings of militant queers.  btw, that's what we're supposed to call them now, I think.  homosexual is apparently to clinical sounding.

Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: Mithrandylan on February 04, 2013, 11:37:10 PM
All of this, of course, to protect the feelings of militant queers.  btw, that's what we're supposed to call them now, I think.  homosexual is apparently to clinical sounding.
It all depends on their pay grade.
If the homo has dough, he is not a fag. He is gay.
If the homo is a nobody, he is just a fag.

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

tmw89

Me, I just call them sodomites  :shrug:
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

LouisIX

Hopefully Rosarium will consider coming back here.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

erin is nice

Quote from: vakarian on February 04, 2013, 10:03:29 PM
I wish him well, but I'd rather Rosarium stay out of this forum as he seemed insufferably arrogant in most of his posts I read.

This.

voxxpopulisuxx

Thing about Rosarium. Hes not into social media per se...he shines in tech forums and such. He also is a classic introvert which is a perfectlly necessary and fantastick personality type for a faithfull catholic. What people over at femifshtrs took for cold or standoffish behavior was actually the reaction of a humble and mature young man. If he shows up...peeps have to give grain of salt. IMO
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

OCLittleFlower

Rosarium is a good and holy guy, but with a limit as to his understanding of typical folks, due to his autism. (Or is it Aspergers?  What are we to call it these days?  But I digress.)  It makes him hard to "get along with" at times.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Ancilla Domini

Pæniteo is back!  :)

Here at SD, that is.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Pheo on February 04, 2013, 10:47:40 PM
His account got deleted, his posts are still there, and the auto"correct" was removed.  Not entirely what he asked for...

Actually, I had made it clear before that my previous request for my account to be deleted was still standing, and she could have deleted my account at any time. But as long as I had the account, I was going to use it.

I have nothing against Vox Clamantis or her site, and my criticism of the forum is not unique to that forum. The final straws, so to speak, were technical in nature mostly. Not being able to modify posts, and then unmarked automatic edits, were far too much for prudent posting.

However, if a forum is going to be called Catholic, it should be Catholic, and push people towards being more Catholic. It should not be a social forum with a Catholic veneer.

And I think that is where the issues arise. Looking at this thread, I see some praise of me and some criticism, but those do not matter at all. Am a "good and holy guy", or am I "insufferably arrogant"? What has more influence, my choices or my personality? Who can tell?

I will make it clear that whatever influence Autism has on me, it is not very evident in my posts. That is far less influential than what people think in what I express (it will affect how I express myself in person), and I wish I never revealed that at all.

Now, for Catholic forums, the main issue, I think, is that I use them like I do any other forum. I focus on the topic and go by knowledge, not by opinion. I do not value opinions and feelings. I have them, certainly, but for the Faith and for most subjects, they are not important. They are the product of a fallen flesh and many factors. We are supposed to be a "little less than angels", not a "little more than chimps".

On technical forums, my focus on the subject and focus on documentation is highly valued and I do not think there was ever a time anyone found that anything but good. Replacing documentation and science with opinions and feelings would be extremely absurd, and I think most people would realize that for Linux discussions.

However, why is such a thing tolerated at all for Catholics? How can people replace doctrines, theology, and the best minds of the Church with personal feelings and opinions? How is that not laughed to scorn? And why is it tolerated at all?

Studying theology is not for everyone (and it shouldn't be), however, when the subject comes around, people who should listen, should listen.

Here is my page (on my blog, but it is not a normal post) on True Catholic Living.

Perhaps my disregard for the person (including my own), focus on actual learning and knowledge, and focus on apply that is what causes the issues with some people.

But those some people should realize that I am not an accident, and I do not value feelings and opinions, including my own. Those public do not compare even to the private contacts I get on forums and off them for knowledge and occasionally advice.

Why would somebody who has no evident knowledge, loose adherence to the doctrines of the Church, and poorly written posts expect me to care? If one wants me to find any value in words, there must be value. It must have some solid basis, otherwise, it is just part of the opposition from the world which surrounds me already.

I think Catholic forums should be havens, distinct from the general opposition of the world.

If we are not constantly vigilant to guard against evil influence from the world or our flesh, we can be sure they have great influence over us.

The Catholic Church is not the Convenient Church.

How can we hope to be martyrs for the Faith when we cannot even resist the smallest thing? It does us no good to be able to refuse to bow down to Dagon, while we voluntarily accept without protest whatever false doctrines which surround us.

The major false doctrine is Secular Humanism, which on its face seems acceptable, but like most of the modern false doctrines, it puts the focus on man (or woman), rather than anything external. It would be better to worship an carved idol than to worship oneself.

From this view, we get Feminism (which supplants all the teachings and virtues of the Church), and many other movements, which raise all individuals to gods.

Secular Humanism and its related doctrines are pervasive and they do not seem objectionable to us at all times. That is very dangerous.

We should route them out, and replace them with what has been handed to us.

It does us no good to follow the traditions and doctrines of the Church in the liturgy, if we cannot follow them in our lives.

Ben

You should sign up over at CathInfo. That's the least worldly Catholic forum I know of.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Ancilla Domini on February 05, 2013, 06:44:54 PM
Pæniteo is back!  :)
Thanks, if that smiley indicates happiness of some sort.

Here at SD, that is.

I think that is a difference between me and most. I view websites as websites, even forums. One uses them. I cannot be "from" a site or "leave" a site (except in a technological sense, which rarely applies in this context). I use them, or do not use them.

I do not think however that I will be using the forum like I have in the past. I was contacted by someone about what happened on FE, and asked to keep in touch in the online environment, and since St. Francis Forums and its domain are being repurposed for a better than than a forum (a website), SD is probably the better bet.

I do not think I will be that active as a poster.

But perhaps I will contribute what I have studied, or maybe I will obsessively come down hard on errors that are professed here. Who knows?

I think my blog is a better use of my time than forum use. While I do not get much activity on my blog, there are many readers and most find it through Google.

Here is my blog: http://nonpeccabis.blogspot.com/

The next posts are related to that most recent. They are still drafts.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Ben on February 05, 2013, 06:52:43 PM
You should sign up over at CathInfo. That's the least worldly Catholic forum I know of.

Then what good could I do there?

I think I am destined to follow in the sandals of Jonas and Socrates, on a much smaller level.

EDIT: To clarify, that is an observation of how I post on forums of this kind, rather than a deliberate appearance. If I post without reacting to others, I am usually more relaxed, but if I am responding to errors and the like, then I focus on that first, which usually means I spend a lot of time responding, when I would rather be using the forum differently. 

Ben

Quote from: Pæniteo on February 05, 2013, 06:57:04 PM

I think I am destined to follow in the sandals of Jonas and Socrates, on a much smaller level.

Well, you're always complaining about the worldliness on Catholic forums, particularly FE. That leads me to believe you would prefer something less worldly. Unless you just like complaining.  ;D

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Ben on February 05, 2013, 07:03:16 PM
Quote from: Pæniteo on February 05, 2013, 06:57:04 PM

Well, you're always complaining about the worldliness on Catholic forums, particularly FE. That leads me to believe you would prefer something less worldly. Unless you just like complaining.  ;D

I have my criticism of Cathinfo, but I do not want to criticize individual forums particularly.

I think any large active forum is destined to have something for me to protest by the nature of human interaction. I would rather use a forum where I can at times relax and learn, and the errors are easier to address. Errors which are unintentional are easier to address.