Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Catholic Discussion / Re: Nenner predicts apocalypse war
« Last post by dellery on May 18, 2022, 06:54:17 PM »
People like this are idiotic, and their little number gimmicks are always wrong.

1/3 of the world's population is low. Try 2/3 to 3/4.

Industrial warfare has now been augmented with cutting edge technology and has been distributed down to the individual level. This means that warfare has been effectively crowd-sourced to the masses.
Abortion and contraception has caused the West to fill our population in with swathes of immigrants --too many to be assimilated, and enough to produce racial sectarianism. These two factors together can indeed cause apocalyptic levels of terror and violence.

A revolutionary race war in the US will probably reduce the population to somewhere in the ballpark of 50-90 million and ignite a global nuclear war.

We are witnessing the World Revolution, which is ultimately a war against humanity itself.
We have this little leaflet (pictured below) that looks fairly old, though it does use “Holy Spirit”, that was in some old books that’s a prayer for freedom from curses. I just don’t have a good feeling about saying it, because it has a commanding tone to it and I don’t know if a lay person would have that kind of authority. I wonder if I should get rid of it.

Has anyone seen a prayer like this before or know anything about it?

Fr. Ripperger covers this in his book Deliverance Prayers  Simply say "Jesus I ask thee to bind..." instead of " In Jesus' name I bind thee.."

Thank you!

Here you go ...PDF of the book. No copyright issues. The prayers are in the public domain. The introduction explains it all

https://qdoc.tips/deliverance-prayers-for-use-by-the-laity-fr-chad-ripperger-pdf-free.html
Coffee and Donuts / Clarification about a temporary absence
« Last post by Justin Martyr on May 18, 2022, 06:25:50 PM »
Since I noticed a few inquiring PM's when I was checking through my email inbox: I would just like to clarify that I am doing well and I am still a practicing Roman Catholic. I have been busy preparing for the birth of my second child next week and just haven't been able to find the time to post or browse the forum for a bit. I greatly appreciate the concern shown by those who took the time to PM me. Prayers are always desired of course, and I will make sure to include all of you in my daily rosary intentions.
Coffee and Donuts / Re: Introducing Myself
« Last post by sleepybluebird on May 18, 2022, 06:08:40 PM »
After about 12 days I was completely over it, I've been back to 100% for over a week now, unjabbed and with natural immunity now. So far no long covid, no long symptoms or anything like that.

Welcome, and good to see that you are feeling better!  :)
General News and Discussion / Re: Russia Invades Ukraine
« Last post by mikemac on May 18, 2022, 06:03:50 PM »
Russian Troops Held Babies Hostage, Executed Boy on Playground: Report

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/russian-troops-held-babies-hostage-104823987.html
General News and Discussion / Re: Assault on Aged Person
« Last post by lauermar on May 18, 2022, 06:00:39 PM »
Here's another one. The perpetrator picked on this old lady for no reason, other than she was having a bad day.

https://abc7ny.com/nyc-woman-pushed-barbara-maier-gustern-chelsea-87-year-old-elderly/11672193/
General News and Discussion / Re: Abortion Activists Call For "Summer of Rage"
« Last post by lauermar on May 18, 2022, 05:58:50 PM »
"Summer of rage in which we will be ungovernable." Yeah, been there and done that. Summer of love after Floyd, 2020. And every year before that. Nothing new here.
« Last post by mikemac on May 18, 2022, 05:55:43 PM »
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/russian-talk-show-retired-colonel-184207547.html

On a Russian Talk Show, Retired Colonel Stuns Colleagues by Saying Invasion Isn't Going Well
Neil MacFarquhar and Anushka Patil
Tue, May 17, 2022

A military analyst on one of Russian state television’s most popular networks left his fellow panelists in stunned silence Monday when he said that the conflict in Ukraine was deteriorating for Russia, giving the kind of honest assessment that is virtually banished from the official airwaves.

“The situation for us will clearly get worse,” Mikhail M. Khodaryonok, a retired colonel and a conservative columnist on military affairs, said during the “60 Minutes” talk-show program on the Rossiya network.

It was a rare moment of frank analysis in a country where criticizing the war effort can result in a prison sentence and broadcasters have generally adhered to the Kremlin’s talking points.

The problems that Khodaryonok referred to, sometimes obliquely, included low morale, the array of Western countries aligned against Russia and the amount of fighters and matériel that Ukraine was assembling.

“We are in total geopolitical isolation, and the whole world is against us, even if we don’t want to admit it,” said Khodaryonok, noting that Russia’s “resources, military-political and military-technical, are limited.”

He urged Russians not to take “informational sedatives.” The clip was first highlighted by Francis Scarr of BBC Monitoring, which tracks Russian broadcasts. Khodaryonok did not immediately respond to a request for further comment.

Aside from questioning Russia’s position, it was a remarkable moment because Khodaryonok noted that Ukraine seemed to have momentum. Russians mistakenly tended to try to extrapolate the problems of a few soldiers in the Ukrainian army to denigrate its whole military, he said. In reality, they were ready to field 1 million men if given sufficient weapons, were highly motivated and would be receiving an increasing quantity of military support from the United States and Europe, he added.

News talk shows in Russia are generally a shouting match, with the half dozen panelists each vying to drown out the others. On this episode, however, the other panelists stood in stunned silence. Only Olga Skabeyeva, the host, who religiously follows the Kremlin line, interrupted with official talking points in sometimes tense exchanges.

She attempted to point out that support from China and India was just as good as support from Europe, that perhaps professional soldiers were superior to conscripts and that Russia “had no choice,” the standard Kremlin justification for its invasion by presenting Ukraine as a threat.

Khodaryonok seemed to be careful not to say anything openly critical of the Russian side, repeatedly stressing that the entire situation was “not normal.” When it came to morale issues, for example, he reached back into history and noted that Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin had said that high morale was an important factor for battlefield success. He did not refer directly to recent indications that the Russian army is suffering from morale problems.

In March, Russia criminalized denouncing its war effort, including even referring to it as a war rather than a “special military operation.”

Khodaryonok has been critical of the Russian military operations in the past. In an unusual column published in early February, before the invasion, he cautioned against it, saying that it would not be the cake walk that many Russian analysts expected and that it was not in Russia’s “national interests.”

He predicted accurately that the Ukrainians would fight hard to defend their country and that the West would provide extensive arms. “There will be no blitzkrieg in Ukraine,” he wrote in Nezavisimoye Voyennoye Obozreniye, a Russian weekly newspaper supplement on military matters.
« Last post by mikemac on May 18, 2022, 05:42:30 PM »
A lot depends on how Russia treats these Azov POWs.  If it's bad they could turn out to be martyrs for the cause.  If it's real bad every NATO country may want to name one of their battalions the Azov Battalion in tribute.  An Azov anti-communist battalion in every NATO country army.
The Coffee Pot / Re: Why is the forum so quiet?
« Last post by BlueInGreen on May 18, 2022, 05:38:26 PM »
Job and hobbies. Other social media platforms like Reddit, various independent article-based Catholic run sites and Youtube also attract Catholics who want to read and discuss Church happenings. It's also just good to live life as a Catholic away from the blue screen as much as possible.

Creating a daily schedule and developing good habits is, to me, part of the answer in creating a disciplined Catholic flock. Forum participation for the sake of wasting time isn't productive; but I do wish more traffic can be made in topics that do interest me so I too can learn from those who are more knowledgeable and experienced. There are many talks about things like natural law on Youtube though every now and then I relish the back and forth that a forum can bring.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10