Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Ask a Traditionalist / Re: Catholic grief support suggestions please?
« Last post by MaximGun on Today at 04:03:02 AM »
A lot of the time it would just be lots of little jobs like fixing broken handles, locks, hinges, fly screens and other stuff.

With economy in the toilet which will happen soon could be a good time to copy the Amish.
See how Bayside condemns Holy Communion in the Hand, the only Marian Apparition to explicitly do that. Akita (which speaks of Church Infiltration by the Work of the Devil, and Eucharistic Sacrileges without mentioning this explictly) and Garabandal (which said that many Bishops, Cardinals and Priests were on the Road to Hell and taking many with them, and that less and less importance was being given to the Holy Eucharist) spoke about similar things, but not in as Great Depth as Our Lady did as Bayside, New York. I believe in Her, period. There is evidence that Abp. De Noia and even Cardinal Ratzinger, the Future Pope Benedict XVI, took Bayside seriously.

Taken from: https://www.tldm.org/news47/27-doctors-to-german-bishops-no-medical-reasons-for-a-ban-of-communion-on-the-tongue.htm

"27 Doctors to German Bishops: ‘No Medical Reasons for a Ban of Communion on the Tongue’...
TURN BACK
"This evil has penetrated far into the very heart of My House. You must now turn back and restore My House. I, your God, give you this command for the salvation of your own soul." - Jesus, August 21, 1976

"Communion in the hand has not been, and will not be accepted by Heaven. This is a sacrilege in the eyes of the Eternal Father, and must not be continued, for you only add to your punishment when you continue on in the ways that have been found to be unpleasing to the Eternal Father." - Our Lady of the Roses, June 30, 1984

KNEEL
"My children, kneel before your God in the Eucharist. Do not stand like you stand in meeting halls, but kneel and give Him a just love and observance of honor." - Our Lady, July 14, 1979

"The above Messages from Our Lady were given to Veronica Lueken at Bayside, New York. Read more

LifeSiteNews.com reported on September 21, 2020:

by Dr. Maike Hickson

A group of German medical doctors has written a statement to the German Bishops' Conference in which they say that there are “no medical reasons for a ban of Communion on the tongue,” according to a press release obtained by LifeSiteNews.

The document is written by “physicians from different regions and with different medical specialties,” one of the organizers of the document told LifeSite. The initiative was taken, according to the speaker who wishes to remain anonymous, “because we in Germany thought that, after the lifting of the ban on Communion on the tongue in Austria, this would be allowed again after a short delay also in our country. But since this was not even the case after weeks, we started this initiative.”

In June, 21 Austrian doctors quoted the professional opinion of Professor Filippo Maria Boscia, the president of the Association of Catholic Doctors of Italy who stated in May that “Communion on the tongue is safer than hand Communion.”

In light of the coronavirus crisis, the German bishops banned Communion on the tongue. That ban is still in effect. Thus, faithful are forced to receive Holy Communion on the hand. The German bishops will have their annual fall assembly September 22 to 24, for which this new statement has been prepared.

The German Catholic newspaper Die Tagespost, which first reported on this new initiative on September 17, explains more in detail what the arguments of this group of medical doctors are.

According to this newspaper, the medical doctors rely, among others, on the work of the Munich virologist Michael Roggendorf who works in the field of coronavirus crisis intervention.

According to these physicians, the hands of communicants in the churches are also carriers of viruses and bacteria since they touch the pews when sitting and kneeling. Therefore, the reception of Holy Communion in the hand “cannot be regarded as a safe [hygienic] alternative,” states the Tagespost report.

If during the distribution of Holy Communion, the priest should touch one of the communicants' tongues, he can disinfect his hands. In addition, when opening one's mouth, one tends to breathe in, rather than out, so that the dispersion of droplets is not so probable. Thus, the report explains, Communion on the tongue is safer than Communion on the hand, also since the kneeling position for Communion on the tongue creates a safer distance between the priest and the communicants.

Further summing up the arguments of the 27 medical doctors in favor of Communion on the tongue, the Tagespost report says that the traditional rite of Holy Mass includes a strict procedure of the cleansing of the hands which is part of the Mass. That is to say, the cleanliness of the priest does not depend upon his own whims, but is, instead, part of the rite of the Mass. Only the priest is allowed to touch the chalice and the paten and ciborium. In addition, the priest celebrating the Traditional Latin Mass is not even touching anything anymore with his thumb and pointer – which remain pressed upon each other – after consecration, thus keeping these two fingers especially clean.

Furthermore, the medical doctors also point out that Switzerland never put a ban on Communion on the tongue and never experienced a spike in infections due to the practice of Communion on the tongue.

With regard to other illnesses, such as the flu and meningococcal infections, the doctors state that there is a low risk of infection.

As a September 19 press release of the group of medical doctors states, the German Bishops Conference will decide during their upcoming fall assembly whether to “lift the ban on Communion on the tongue.” With it, they follow their colleagues in Austria, who had had a similar initiative already on the Feast of Corpus Christi, in June of this year and in the wake of which the “Austrian Bishops' Conference has lifted the ban on Communion on the tongue.”

These German physicians hope that “with their intervention, there will be an end to the conflict of conscience among many faithful and priests and the canoncially ordinary form of reception of Communion will no longer be denied.”

According to the press release, other doctors have already now joined the original group of signatories.

This group of doctors asks why the German bishops do not join the Austrian and the Swiss bishops who permit Communion on the tongue and conclude their press release with the words: “Why should the German bishops exit this community [of the German-speaking realm] and take a Sonderweg [an exceptional, independent path]?”

The pro-family organization Voice of the Family, together with LifeSiteNews, hosted an online conference in July stressing the importance of receiving Holy Communion worthily, that is: kneeling and on the tongue. One of its speakers, LifeSite contributor Dr. Peter Kwasniewski, insisted that a bishop oversteps his authority in denying Catholics the right to receive Holy Communion on the tongue. “Many bishops are abusing their authority right now because … they’re supposed to uphold Canon Law and Canon Law is really clear that the faithful have the right to receive communion on the tongue. That's it,” he stated.

EDITOR'S NOTE:  We welcome your comments at the end of this page.  Email a link or print out a copy of this web page to your clergy, family, friends and relatives.  Email this page to a friend.

"Many now rebel against their leader, their God-given leader, your Vicar. In matters of faith and morals, man must not change the God-given laws, coming from the seat of Peter, and established through tradition upon earth through My Son's Church." - Our Lady of the Roses, October 6, 1979

”I send to My clergy, those whom I have given the grace to represent Heaven upon earth, this warning: You must now return to your traditional rites! You must restore My House from its crumbling exterior and rotting interior. You must rebuild what you seek to destroy--now!
     "Many who call themselves My chosen ones have set themselves to destroy from within. Your actions have not gone by unnoticed by the Eternal Father. Error, deception, deceit, in the guise of sanctity and piousness! You are unmasked before the Eternal Father. You shall start little by little and repair the foundation, or you shall be within and destroy.
     "I look upon all manner of abominations being committed in My House. Do you think you will go much longer without chastisement? Awaken from your slumber, My clergy! You deceive no one!”  - Jesus, November 22, 1975

"This evil has penetrated far into the very heart of My House.  You must now turn back and restore My House.  I, your God, give you this command for the salvation of your own soul." - Jesus, August 21, 1976

We urgently need your prayers and financial support to be able to continue to create these web pages.  Click here... Thank you in advance.

We strongly encourage you to print and/or email copies of this web page to all the bishops and clergy.  Also, email or mail a copy of this web page to the news media and as many other people as possible.     Email a copy of this page to everyone you know.

When you pray the Holy Rosary, you have Our Lady's hand in your hand.  When you pray the Holy Rosary, you have the power of God in your hands.  Start now!  Let's All Pray the Rosary for an End of Communion in the Hand, and for the Return of Traditions and the Latin Tridentine Mass to Every Parish in the World... Click here..."
That is what I was told by the District Superior.  Looking at Schneider or Vigano or waiting a while.
General Catholic Discussion / Re: Wearing Masks at Mass
« Last post by MaximGun on Today at 02:44:17 AM »

Contact tracking apps are borderline, although lets be real the government can already track us if it wants, immunity passports would obviously be a no no. They would create second class citizens and be of dubious value. As for vaccination identity cards I am quite sure many countries already keep records of vaccinations, at least I remember having a list of my vaccinations somewhere years ago...

It's not a question of tracking you. It will then give the government the go-ahead to impose house arrest on you if you have come into contact with an "infected" person.

The reason we are in this position is because people are willing to put up with each new "minor inconvenience" or curtailing of our civil liberties since the government tells me it's for my own good. What I don't understand is why more people can't see it.

I somehow doubt it would come to that, but we'll see. I think there's a big difference between masks and contact tracing though, and an even bigger one between optional and mandatory tracing and quarantine via contact tracing. I think there's a risk of looking crazy if we fight over every little thing, hence why I don't object to masks in certain circumstances. Frankly, I also don't see a huge issue with contact tracing if that's the price to be paid to open the economy and live life normally. I wouldn't be happy with it forever but its the lesser of two evils and people are a bit naive if they think they are going to be able to stop it. Until people regain their reason, which is unlikely, all we are doing is an exercise in damage control.

TrentCath.  Care to give us an update on your thinking now?
General Catholic Discussion / Re: Video: 5 Reasons to Become Christian!
« Last post by Xavier on Today at 02:37:50 AM »
Augustinian Thomists are also Athanasians. St. Athanasius taught us in his Creed there is no Salvation without the Catholic Faith, which means Explicit Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Holy Mother Church Dogmatically Taught this Dogmatic Creed at the Council of Florence.

"The text of the Athanasian Creed is as follows:

in Latin   English translation[15]
Quicumque vult salvus esse, ante omnia opus est, ut teneat catholicam fidem: Quam nisi quisque integram inviolatamque servaverit, absque dubio in aeternum peribit. Fides autem catholica haec est: ut unum Deum in Trinitate, et Trinitatem in unitate veneremur. Neque confundentes personas, neque substantiam separantes. Alia est enim persona Patris alia Filii, alia Spiritus Sancti: Sed Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti una est divinitas, aequalis gloria, coeterna maiestas. Qualis Pater, talis Filius, talis [et] Spiritus Sanctus. Increatus Pater, increatus Filius, increatus [et] Spiritus Sanctus. Immensus Pater, immensus Filius, immensus [et] Spiritus Sanctus. Aeternus Pater, aeternus Filius, aeternus [et] Spiritus Sanctus. Et tamen non tres aeterni, sed unus aeternus. Sicut non tres increati, nec tres immensi, sed unus increatus, et unus immensus. Similiter omnipotens Pater, omnipotens Filius, omnipotens [et] Spiritus Sanctus. Et tamen non tres omnipotentes, sed unus omnipotens. Ita Deus Pater, Deus Filius, Deus [et] Spiritus Sanctus. Et tamen non tres dii, sed unus est Deus. Ita Dominus Pater, Dominus Filius, Dominus [et] Spiritus Sanctus. Et tamen non tres Domini, sed unus [est] Dominus. Quia, sicut singillatim unamquamque personam Deum ac Dominum confiteri christiana veritate compellimur: Ita tres Deos aut [tres] Dominos dicere catholica religione prohibemur. Pater a nullo est factus: nec creatus, nec genitus. Filius a Patre solo est: non factus, nec creatus, sed genitus. Spiritus Sanctus a Patre et Filio: non factus, nec creatus, nec genitus, sed procedens. Unus ergo Pater, non tres Patres: unus Filius, non tres Filii: unus Spiritus Sanctus, non tres Spiritus Sancti. Et in hac Trinitate nihil prius aut posterius, nihil maius aut minus: Sed totae tres personae coaeternae sibi sunt et coaequales. Ita, ut per omnia, sicut iam supra dictum est, et unitas in Trinitate, et Trinitas in unitate veneranda sit. Qui vult ergo salvus esse, ita de Trinitate sentiat.

Sed necessarium est ad aeternam salutem, ut incarnationem quoque Domini nostri Iesu Christi fideliter credat. Est ergo fides recta ut credamus et confiteamur, quia Dominus noster Iesus Christus, Dei Filius, Deus [pariter] et homo est. Deus [est] ex substantia Patris ante saecula genitus: et homo est ex substantia matris in saeculo natus. Perfectus Deus, perfectus homo: ex anima rationali et humana carne subsistens. Aequalis Patri secundum divinitatem: minor Patre secundum humanitatem. Qui licet Deus sit et homo, non duo tamen, sed unus est Christus. Unus autem non conversione divinitatis in carnem, sed assumptione humanitatis in Deum. Unus omnino, non confusione substantiae, sed unitate personae. Nam sicut anima rationalis et caro unus est homo: ita Deus et homo unus est Christus. Qui passus est pro salute nostra: descendit ad inferos: tertia die resurrexit a mortuis. Ascendit ad [in] caelos, sedet ad dexteram [Dei] Patris [omnipotentis]. Inde venturus [est] judicare vivos et mortuos. Ad cujus adventum omnes homines resurgere habent cum corporibus suis; Et reddituri sunt de factis propriis rationem. Et qui bona egerunt, ibunt in vitam aeternam: qui vero mala, in ignem aeternum. Haec est fides catholica, quam nisi quisque fideliter firmiterque crediderit, salvus esse non poterit.

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith. Which faith unless every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: that we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity; neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the Essence. For there is one Person of the Father; another of the Son; and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one; the Glory equal, the Majesty coeternal. Such as the Father is; such is the Son; and such is the Holy Ghost. The Father uncreated; the Son uncreated; and the Holy Ghost uncreated. The Father unlimited; the Son unlimited; and the Holy Ghost unlimited. The Father eternal; the Son eternal; and the Holy Ghost eternal. And yet they are not three eternals; but one eternal. As also there are not three uncreated; nor three infinites, but one uncreated; and one infinite. So likewise the Father is Almighty; the Son Almighty; and the Holy Ghost Almighty. And yet they are not three Almighties; but one Almighty. So the Father is God; the Son is God; and the Holy Ghost is God. And yet they are not three Gods; but one God. So likewise the Father is Lord; the Son Lord; and the Holy Ghost Lord. And yet not three Lords; but one Lord. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity; to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord; So are we forbidden by the catholic religion; to say, There are three Gods, or three Lords. The Father is made of none; neither created, nor begotten. The Son is of the Father alone; not made, nor created; but begotten. The Holy Ghost is of the Father and of the Son; neither made, nor created, nor begotten; but proceeding. So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons; one Holy Ghost, not three Holy Ghosts. And in this Trinity none is before, or after another; none is greater, or less than another. But the whole three Persons are coeternal, and coequal. So that in all things, as aforesaid; the Unity in Trinity, and the Trinity in Unity, is to be worshipped. He therefore that will be saved, let him thus think of the Trinity.

Furthermore, it is necessary to everlasting salvation; that he also believe faithfully the Incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ. For the right Faith is, that we believe and confess; that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and Man; God, of the Substance [Essence] of the Father; begotten before the worlds; and Man, of the Substance [Essence] of his Mother, born in the world. Perfect God; and perfect Man, of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting. Equal to the Father, as touching his Godhead; and inferior to the Father as touching his Manhood. Who although he is God and Man; yet he is not two, but one Christ. One; not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh; but by assumption of the Manhood into God. One altogether; not by confusion of Substance [Essence]; but by unity of Person. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man; so God and Man is one Christ; Who suffered for our salvation; descended into hell; rose again the third day from the dead. He ascended into heaven, he sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty, from whence he will come to judge the living and the dead. At whose coming all men will rise again with their bodies; And shall give account for their own works. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting; and they that have done evil, into everlasting fire. This is the catholic faith; which except a man believe truly and firmly, he cannot be saved.
General Catholic Discussion / Re: Video: 5 Reasons to Become Christian!
« Last post by Xavier on Today at 02:02:03 AM »
Michael, I have to disagree. St. Augustine held this Doctrine and Holy Mother Church declared at the Fifth Ecumenical Council that the Teachings of St. Augustine were safe to follow. Indeed, even the Medieval Popes said we should follow the Teaching of St. Augustine on this question, though they were following the earlier teaching of St. Augustine, and not the Teaching that the Doctor held toward the end of his life, after his intense battles with the Pelagian Heresy. If my Goal is to bring my Indian Brothers and Sisters to Baptism, I know it is my Lord's Will that I must be an Augustinian Thomist. From: https://catholicism.org/baptism-of-desire-its-origin-and-abandonment-in-the-thought-of-saint-augustine.html

PERISH THE THOUGHT that a Person Predestined to Eternal Life could be allowed to end this life without the Sacrament of the Mediator. (Saint Augustine)

This article will focus on the question of explicit baptism of desire — as it was understood by most western doctors of the Church from the time of Saint Augustine (+430) until Saint Alphonsus Maria de Liguori (+1787), the last declared theological doctor who wrote in favor of its saving efficacy. The subject matter will deal specifically with the origin of the theological speculation, as given by Saint Augustine in one of his early doctrinal letters, and then move on to prove from authoritative testimony that the African doctor reversed his opinion in his later anti-Pelagian writing.

Go Ye, Preach the Gospel to Every Creature, and Baptize

I wish to preface the following with an affirmation of the extreme importance of this issue in that the conversion of non-Christians to the Catholic Faith, in our day, is no longer considered a mission necessary for their salvation. The mandate of our Savior to “Go ye into the whole world, and preach the Gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized, shall be saved: but he that believeth not shall be condemned” (Mark 16:15-16), has been supplanted by a new gospel of salvation by sincerity through invincible ignorance. It is my intention to restore at least an appreciation for the zeal of the holy missionaries that went forth to convert the nations to Christ and to baptize the pagans and infidels who accepted the good news that is the gospel. These missionaries, whose exemplar since the sixteenth century is Saint Francis Xavier, were not distracted by any speculation about a baptism of desire. Xavier baptized several hundred thousand pagans with his own hand. Biographers write that there were so many catechumens waiting to be baptized that assistants had to help him to lift his arm to perform the rite. Saint Francis Xavier never wrote a word about baptism of desire. Rather, he wrote these words from the Far East hoping to reach students aspiring for degrees: “How I would like to go to the universities of Paris and the Sorbonne and address many men who are richer in learning than in zeal, to let them know the great number of souls who, because of their neglect, are deprived of grace and are apt to go to hell. There are millions of nonbelievers who would become Christian if there were missionaries.” Was this missioner, considered the greatest after Saint Paul, misinformed?

Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Can’t Possibly Mean What It Says! This Doctrine is Too Hard! Who Can Hear it?

Among traditional Catholics who oppose the doctrinal cause of Saint Benedict Center, the vast majority maintain that their opposition is over Father Feeney’s rejection of baptism of desire. This has not always been the case, but it has become so more in the past twenty to thirty years. Prior to that, it was the defined doctrine itself, No salvation outside the Church, which disturbed those whom Brother Francis, in his treatise, The Dogma of Faith Defended, called “right-wing liberals.” These are the theologians who believed in the infallible authority of the Church, but were embarrassed over the literal sense of the doctrine. “God is all-merciful,” they stressed, “most men, surely, will be saved.” ...

Saint Augustine taught, as is clear from this article’s epigram, that the providence of God would see to it that a justified catechumen would be baptized before death. God alone, in any event, knows which of those, with a votum for baptism and perfect contrition, He has justified. The Church can only assume, as the arm of Christ, the Principal Agent in baptism, that all are in need of receiving the sacramentin order to not only have all sin forgiven and abolished, but to be a member of the Church, the Body of Christ. Anticipating the rejoinder that no one is lost who dies in the state of grace, let me just affirm that I agree. Not only that I agree, but that I submit to this truth as I would a dogma of Faith. The Church, however, allows the faithful the freedom to believe that the providence of God will see to it that every person dying in the state of grace will also be baptized. This preserves the literal sense of Christ’s teaching in John 3:5: Amen, amen I say to thee, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God and His apostolic mandate to preach and baptize all nations in Mark 16: 15-16."
That was the same  devil that claimed that [1] the real Pope Paul VI was a prisoner, and [2] the bad guys had put a double in his place

Yes, and I believe both 1 and 2, and my sensus Catholicus tells me that's a better explanation than SVism and EVism, for the Theological Reasons I've explained in the Relevant Sub-Forum. This is a Supernatural Historical Fact in my opinion, Confirmed by Miracles and Healings and other Manifest Supernatural Signs in New York to Mrs. Veronica Lueken, that Our Lady and Our Lord Themselves gave this Explanation in America, and then it was confirmed independently in Swiss Exorcisms in 1975-1978, which Several Catholic Priests have attested to be Supernatural in Origin. Once upon a time, I rejected this theory. After further study, I am convinced it is right, and also convinced that it must be openly preached, as the True Solution to the Church Crisis, for all who have ears to hear.

Friendly advice: Don't base your theological opinions on apparitions, especially post Vatican II apparitions. They will totally mislead you.

Thanks for the advice. I base my Theological Opinions on the Catholic Faith. I reject these two opinions (1) 64+ SVism and its Attendant Ecclesia-Vacantism, and (2) New Mass is a Black Mass, Dimondite/Wathenite Heresy, because I know they contradict the Catholic Faith. The Second Opinion contradicts the Dogma Defined in the Sacred Council of Trent, and reiterated by "the Last Pope" His Holiness Pope Venerable Pius XII, that Holy Mother Church, being an Immaculate Mother, cannot give Grave Evil and even Poison Her Children.

If the Catholic Church caused 1.3 Billion Catholics to worship bread and become objective idolaters, and if She also makes Her Children go to Black Masses, as demonic satanists do, then She is the Greatest Satanic Sect that has ever existed, and not the True Church of Christ. I hold the Teaching of Bp. Williamson and Fr. Ripperger that (3) The New Mass is a Deficient and Inferior Mass, which confers less Graces. As the Quote in my Signature proves, His Grace Archbishop Lefebvre also certainly held this Doctrine, at least for a while in the beginning. And also Our Lady and Our Lord confirmed this as the True Doctrine and lamented the confusion some Traditionalist Priests who did not know the Traditional Doctrine of the Catholic Church - that the Catholic Church, being a loving Mother, CANNOT give evil to Her Children - were causing.

I am a Sheep of Christ and I recognize the Voice of my Good Shepherd when He speaks, as my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ taught me in His Gospel of Saint John. If you disagree, that's ok, and as you said once, we can shake hands and remain friends. God bless you.

Mrs. Veronica Lueken knew facts that she could in no way have ever known, unless God had taught it to her, and she also gave away all the lies of the Communist Infiltrators of the Church, who were persecuting the Holy Father, just as Our Lady of Fatima said they would.
Plagues and Pestilence / Re: COVID life in your area
« Last post by King Wenceslas on Today at 01:32:27 AM »

Wearing a mask is at least remote cooperation with evil, and in that sense wearing a mask is always intrinsically evil, without being per se sinful.

The craziest statement I have ever read here on SD. The fallen nature of man on display.
The Coffee Pot / Short Term Problems
« Last post by Pæniteo on Today at 01:21:22 AM »
And confessions can be difficult because I know I am going to get a penance and I have to find a way to remember it (so I really like priests with predictable penances because I can prepare for that) and because I try  to avoid sins that would weigh very heavily on my conscience, I usually prepare well in advance. But I tend to pray while waiting for confession (I get there early, or if I am not, I am in a line, either way, I wait) and it is easy to be engrossed in prayer and forget what I was going to say, or, think I remember, but not actually remember correctly.

I really want to avoid forgetting a penance or thinking I omitted something when I leave.

I also don't want to write things down for obvious reasons if I can avoid it. I will write down penances if they are not known in advance.
The Coffee Pot / Short Term Problems
« Last post by Pæniteo on Today at 01:16:04 AM »
My introduction includes information about a medical condition I have that affects my short term and working memory severely.

People seem to often misunderstand what "short term memory" means and one can read the article to learn more.

Long term memory is not affected, or at least not noticeably affected. Actually experiencing such a thing is hard to describe, because everything feels fine, and it seems like external things have changed, but to give a few examples:
  • It is difficult to remember anything I have just seen/heard/thought. This is medically tested by repeating back three numbers one has just been told. I almost always fail it horribly, but I'm happy to be told I got one of the numbers right. In my efforts to do well, I prioritize the last number, as that is usually the only one I can give if I am fast.
  • It is difficult to remember experiences as they happen, so dynamic situations can be difficult or impossible to recall.
  • A prayer like the Hail Mary is too long for me to say by memory, not because I cannot say it, but because of when reciting it, it always seems like I am starting it in the middle, and I cannot remember starting the prayer, so I restart it, etc.
What this condition does not affect:
  • Long term memory is not affected, so I can recall things I have learned and learn new things.
  • I can see what is right in front of me.
  • I can form new memories, and occasionally, something will be remembered that I wouldn't normally expect to remember, but that is because it is in long term memory. I cannot rely on instantaneous transfer to long term memory though and it happens very rarely (probably the same as everybody else in that regard).
  • Repetition encourages transfer to long term memory, and since I read the forum far more than I post, and I review my own history, and read through profiles and threads, I can remember quite a lot in forum interactions than I can in person, because it is not a real time process that move forward relentlessly.
Forum use is far more agreeable to me, because I do not have to worry about not ending sentences I started, forgetting what I was talking about, forgetting what another is talking about (if you talk to me in person, put the important stuff first and reinforce it, because long rambling stories are impossible to follow, especially if you use a lot of pronouns). And if I get interrupted, we might as well start over, because short term memory issues probably looks like intense constant distraction to others, but an actual distraction can really make any hope of remembering what was going on at the moment disappear.

I use the forum differently than I used to. I do a lot of drafting of posts, and unlike before, I save them and review them as I go, so long posts you see are often the result of an editing process over time. I save them on a hidden board and just copy them over when I am ready for the final submission. I do have a lot more errors than I used to do, especially for longer sentences, and it is not unusual to have to fix those stylistic and grammar and syntax errors after reading a post a few times.

On a Catholic forum, I'd really expect posts to be encouraging, edifying, wholesome, etc, and I disclosed my medical issues to give people a context for interacting with me.

People who accuse me of lying because of their ignorance or hate, make false accusations, or use evil speech in general are people I really don't want to interact with, but it usually feels like most things can be resolved with just some rational discourse so I might get into repetitive pointless discussions with people who exercise those kinds of vices. I don't mean to engage in such futile discussions and would avoid it entirely if I could.

I do not reveal personal medical information to the forum so it can be used for yet more personal abuse. I reveal it to help people interact with me and I try to use what people reveal about themselves to interact with them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10