Forum improvements?

Started by Kaesekopf, October 30, 2018, 04:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadtrad

You want a ton of visits to this forum just post a ton of Catholic news on here and people will discover this place as a news hub. People like to comment on the news. Learn how to use aggregators or hire someone and dump tons of articles on here.

Then add ads on here so it pays for itself if you need to hire someone. Maybe links to purchase things on Amazon.
"God has proved his love to us by laying down his life for our sakes; we too must be ready to lay down our lives for the sake of our brethren." 1 John 3:16

Non Nobis

Quote from: bigbadtrad on April 02, 2019, 09:05:03 AM
You want a ton of visits to this forum just post a ton of Catholic news on here and people will discover this place as a news hub. People like to comment on the news. Learn how to use aggregators or hire someone and dump tons of articles on here.

Then add ads on here so it pays for itself if you need to hire someone. Maybe links to purchase things on Amazon.

::)

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

orate

Maybe Kaesekopf should just shut the forum down.  The utter ignorance of some posters, ( See thread: https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=22703.msg482488#new  ) and the "my form of Catholicism is the only true form of Catholicism"  attitude of many posters, gives scandal to others, both inside and outside of the Faith. 

It certainly does not reflect the beauty of the traditional Catholic Faith.
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Bernadette

Or he should just start banning people. :shrug:
My Lord and my God.

dymphnaw

It seems like the spark has gone out of Suscipe Domine. It's dull.

Gardener

Quote from: dymphnaw on November 21, 2019, 08:38:00 AM

This is the winter of our dissed content.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Michael Wilson

This forum has some very "hot" discussions at times and not so much at others. We can't expect fireworks every day.
I did particularly enjoy all the threads on "grace" that took place here, it helped me find Fr. Most's book and clear up my ideas about the Banezian system, thanks to Gardener.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

coffeeandcigarette

Online book club. I personally love a book club. Have mods to pick the books, political, historical, witty, fun, religious, theological (within reason), etc. Anyone who wants to can discuss. Unlike real life book clubs, people won't feel pressured to read every one, they can do the ones they want and skip others. I would advice that you don't pick any grossly irreligious books, because even though discussing these can be good apologetic practice, it would turn some people off as a "focus." Also, (hence the mods) no books with blasphemy, overt sexual content, etc. The nice thing about this as well is that the book would be introduced, a timeline for reading would be issued, and a discussion begun. After so long you shut it down and start the next book. No dusty threads.

Jacob

I've tried, but no one ever wants to read what I want to read. :(  My picks are just too dorky.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

coffeeandcigarette

Quote from: Jacob on November 21, 2019, 08:25:00 PM
I've tried, but no one ever wants to read what I want to read. :(  My picks are just too dorky.

Well now I'm curious. Hit me with your top ten.

MaximGun

spend most of my freetime on catholic websites commenting on taylor marshall's YouTube videos.  I am sure greg does to, because someone of the same christian name is posting in the comment's on half of the videos... does make me lmao sometimes with his chalenging comments....must be the same dude.

with bishops fellay in hibernation and williamson retired and the other two bishops not speaking any English there really is no spokesperson for SSPX and right-of-center FSSP trads.  This means TM, voris and lifesite news are really getting most of the discussion valume today and controling the narrative.

probably a good idea to set up topics discussing the same pachamamma, vigano, etcetera topics and then post this forums urls in the comments section of TM, lifesite news, etcetera.  I would think that would bring in some new posters and fiery discussions.

Jacob

Quote from: coffeeandcigarette on November 22, 2019, 08:29:10 AM
Quote from: Jacob on November 21, 2019, 08:25:00 PM

Well now I'm curious. Hit me with your top ten.

I wouldn't mind discussing the book I just finished, Laurus, by Evgeny Vodolazkin.
In the past, I've wanted to discuss The Rise and Fall of Triumph, a nonfiction book about the fortunes of a Catholic magazine founded in the 60s that presaged in many ways Trad thinking.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Maximilian

Quote from: Jacob on November 26, 2019, 01:01:19 PM

In the past, I've wanted to discuss The Rise and Fall of Triumph, a nonfiction book about the fortunes of a Catholic magazine founded in the 60s that presaged in many ways Trad thinking.

I read that when you posted a link some time ago.

Jacob

Quote from: Maximilian on November 26, 2019, 01:07:34 PM
Quote from: Jacob on November 26, 2019, 01:01:19 PM

I read that when you posted a link some time ago.

Cool.  Did you get anything out of it?
--Neal Stephenson

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: dymphnaw on November 21, 2019, 08:38:00 AM

Pants vs Skirts debate

There you go.....
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace