combining pdf files

Started by drummerboy, July 29, 2014, 01:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummerboy

So I scanned an old book page by page (obviously), and now all the pages are saved separately.  Is there anyway to combine the pages all together on adobe so that I can just print off all pages as one book, instead of having to print each page individually?
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Gardener

What program are you using? A lot of programs for scanning have a feature where you are scanning into the same project/file. If you did purely individual, you will need to collate them into a single PDF. Not sure what programs you have so not sure what to tell ya.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

ResRev

The easiest way I know is to get Adobe Pro (fessional). There's usually a trial version available for download.
"You shall seek me, and shall find me: when you shall seek me with all your heart." Jeremias 29:13

Daniel

What I do (on Mac) is I use the GIMP to open all the separate images as layers, then I export it as an animated gif (which will reduce it to 256 colors, but if it's just scanned pages this shouldn't matter), and then I open the gif in Preview and export it as a pdf.  I'm not sure how good the compression is (this might create huge files).

Gardener

Here's an online resource.  http://www.pdfmerge.com/

What are you using to scan? Might be a local solution.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Akavit

I seem to recall having downloaded the free version of PDF Expert to do the same.  It might leave a watermark though.

drummerboy

I just scanned it on my HP deskjet and use abode 11

Gardener

Bernadette

I used Foxit with success. It's free, and tere's a way to scan separate pages into the same file.  :)
My Lord and my God.

drummerboy

I got it - finally.  The pdfmerge website did the trick.

Gardener

Quote from: drummerboy on August 22, 2014, 10:25:36 AM
I got it - finally.  The pdfmerge website did the trick.

Excellent!