Muhammad: A Mercy to the Worlds?

Started by Vetus Ordo, June 17, 2019, 01:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kreuzritter

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on August 24, 2019, 10:47:39 AM
Quote from: Kreuzritter on August 22, 2019, 04:51:14 PM
QuoteIslam appeals to man's reasoning

No vision of God, no meeting with Allah, no encoutner with the divine. Just "reasoning", as though "reasoning" were able to discover "Allah" and the purported truth of Mohammed's claims: pure intellectual wishful-thinking and make-believe. But then this has so very much in common with much of post-Scholastic Western Christianity.

Rationality is a key component of the true religion of Islam.

Fixed it for you. Hope that answers the question you're been dodging.

Kreuzritter

Quote from: Lynne on August 24, 2019, 05:40:24 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on August 24, 2019, 03:37:17 PM
Quote from: mikemac on August 24, 2019, 02:07:26 PM
Quote from: abc123 on August 22, 2019, 04:29:40 PM
Vetus-

A straight yes/no please...

Have you embraced Islam? Your videos seem to indicate a desire beyond mere educational purposes.

bump

Bump bump

Yes, bump.

How simple it would be for him to just say "No!". If he hadn't.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Kreuzritter on August 26, 2019, 06:01:31 PM

No vision of God, no meeting with Allah, no encoutner with the divine. Just "reasoning", as though "reasoning" were able to discover "Allah" and the purported truth of Mohammed's claims: pure intellectual wishful-thinking and make-believe. But then this has so very much in common with much of post-Scholastic Western Christianity.

You haven't fixed anything.

You've just confirmed that you could be as easily a Branch Davidian as a Jehovah's Witness. Same mindset.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

mikemac

QuoteSatanic Verses

Satanic Verses refers to words of "satanic suggestion" which the Islamic Prophet Muhammad is said to have mistaken for divine revelation.[1] The alleged verses can be read in biographies of Muhammad by al-W?qid?, Ibn Sa'd and Ibn Ishaq,[2] and the tafsir of al-Tabar?.

Most Muslim scholars reject the historicity of the incident on the basis of the theological doctrine of 'isma (prophetic infallibility i.e., divine protection of Muhammad from mistakes) and their weak isnads (chains of transmission).[1][3][4] Orientalist scholars on the other hand have largely accepted the historicity, citing the implausibility of early Muslim biographers fabricating a story so unflattering about their prophet.[5][6]

The first use of the expression is attributed to Sir William Muir in 1858.[7]

Basic narrative

There are numerous accounts reporting the alleged incident, which differ in the construction and detail of the narrative, but they may be broadly collated to produce a basic account.[8] The different versions of the story are all traceable to one single narrator Muhammad ibn Ka'b, who was two generations removed from biographer Ibn Ishaq.[2] In its essential form, the story reports that Muhammad longed to convert his kinsmen and neighbors of Mecca to Islam. As he was reciting these verses of S?rat an-Najm,[9] considered a revelation from the angel Gabriel,

Have you thought of al-L?t and al-'Uzzá
    and Man?t, the third, the other?
    (Sura 53, 19–20)

Satan tempted him to utter the following line:

These are the exalted ghar?niq, whose intercession is hoped for. (In Arabic ??? ???????? ????? ??? ??????? ??????.)

All?t, al-'Uzz? and Man?t were three goddesses worshipped by the Meccans. Discerning the meaning of "ghar?niq" is difficult, as it is a hapax legomenon (i.e. only used once in the text). Commentators wrote that it meant the cranes. The Arabic word does generally mean a "crane" - appearing in the singular as ghirn?q, ghurn?q, ghirnawq and ghurnayq, and the word has cousin forms in other words for birds, including "raven, crow" and "eagle".[10]

According to Muslim orthodoxy, the actual account of events holds that a group of some of the chiefs of the Quraish (the tribe of Makkah polytheists persecuting the Muslims) happened to be passing by as The Prophet was reciting verses from the Qur'an. It moved their hearts so much, that they instantly fell down on their faces in prostration, and bore witness it was from Allah alone. Then some of their peers happened by, and began to accost them and threaten them, and made them feel ashamed, so they denied what had happened, and said that they only fell down in prostration, because The Prophet gave a concession allowing for them to keep their idol worship yet still be Muslim.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Kreuzritter

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on August 26, 2019, 09:00:53 PM

You've just confirmed that you could be as easily a Branch Davidian as a Jehovah's Witness. Same mindset.

No, I couldn't, because what these claim are not the reality I know and have seen.

Kreuzritter

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on August 26, 2019, 09:00:53 PM

As if Koresh's claims were any less "believable" than those of Mohammed or the religion of the Watchtower Society less "reasonable" than Islam.

Kreuzritter

"My face is too holy to be looked upon while I split the Moon ... but not while I split nine-year-old Aisha's hymen."

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Kreuzritter on September 02, 2019, 04:50:15 AM

"My face is too holy to be looked upon while I split the Moon ... but not while I split nine-year-old Aisha's hymen."

The puerility and vulgarity that you often display shows you're utterly incapable of being honest and reasonable about Islam or any other subject.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Kreuzritter

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on September 02, 2019, 10:49:46 AM
Quote from: Kreuzritter on September 02, 2019, 04:50:15 AM

The puerility and vulgarity that you often display shows you're utterly incapable of being honest and reasonable about Islam or any other subject.

Did you all hear that? Thinking that the fact of the founder and supposed final prophet and most morally perfect man of the Islamic religion having had sex with a nine-year-old girl is significant is "puerile", and naming the act in its unconfortable essence "vulgar".

Or is your Islamic sensibility just disturbed by an image of your kiddy-diddling prophet? The man today would be locked up for what he indulged himelf in as a pariah in any civilised society that still held on to a shred of moral decency; yet you actually take his schizophrenic ramblings and Antichrist teachings seriously, no, perhaps even as sublime and true.

But I'm the one incapable of being "honest".

Damn Allah to Hell, and in the name of every human being who has suffered and died in this fallen world of his doing, I look forward to witnessing Jesus Christ, Son of the Most High, at the end of days cast that lying, murdering bastard like a squealing pig into the lake of fire.

mikemac

The Quran and Islamic tradition does claim that Muhammad split the moon.

QuoteVerses 54:1-2 of the Quran reads:

The Hour (of Judgment) is nigh, and the moon is cleft asunder. But if they see a Sign, they turn away, and say, "This is (but) transient magic.

Early traditions and stories explain this verse as a miracle performed by Muhammad, following requests of some members of the Quraysh.[8][9] Most early and medieval Muslim commentators accepted the authenticity of those traditions, which allude to the moon-splitting as a historical event.[10] The following verse 54:2, "But if they see a Sign, they turn away, and say, 'This is (but) transient magic'" is taken in the support of this view.[9] The post-classical commentator Ibn Kathir provides a list of the early traditions mentioning the incident: A tradition transmitted on the authority of Anas bin Malik states that Muhammad split the moon after the pagan Meccans asked for a miracle. Another tradition from Malik transmitted through other chains of narrations, mentions that the mount Nur was visible between the two parts of the moon (Mount Nur is located in Hijaz. Muslims believe that Muhammad received his first revelations from God in a cave on this mountain, Cave Hira'). A tradition narrated on the authority of Jubayr ibn Mut'im with a single chain of transmission says that the two parts of the moon stood on two mountains. This tradition further states that the Meccan responded by saying "Muhammad has taken us by his magic... If he was able to take us by magic, he will not be able to do so with all people." Traditions transmitted on the authority of Ibn Abbas briefly mention the incident and do not provide much details.[2] Traditions transmitted on the authority of Abdullah bin Masud describe the incident as follows:[2][11]

We were along with God's Messenger at Mina, that moon was split up into two. One of its parts was behind the mountain and the other one was on this side of the mountain. God's Messenger said to us: Bear witness to this

Sorry Abdul, in 2010 NASA Lunar Science Institute (NLSI) staff scientist Brad Bailey said, "No current scientific evidence reports that the Moon was split into two (or more) parts and then reassembled at any point in the past."
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

TheReturnofLive

Quote from: Kreuzritter on September 02, 2019, 01:11:02 PM
Damn Allah to Hell, and in the name of every human being who has suffered and died in this fallen world of his doing, I look forward to witnessing Jesus Christ, Son of the Most High, at the end of days cast that lying, murdering bastard like a squealing pig into the lake of fire.

While I reject the idea that the Islamic "Allah" and the Holy Trinity are the Same God

I don't get the idea of separating the Islamic "Allah" and the Holy Trinity on the basis of the name "Allah" and "God." The word "Allah" literally means "God," and is used as such in the Antiochian Orthodox / Melkite Catholic Liturgical Tradition, whose Liturgy is in Arabic. In fact, unlike other languages, where the name signifying pagan deity is actually used to mean the Christian "God" (for instance, in Russian, "Bog", pronounced with a long "o", was the word that signified a pagan deity - for instance, "Chernobog", or "Black God"), "Allah" has etymological origins from the word "El," which means "God" in Hebrew. This same "El" is found in the names of things and people in the Bible, like "Michael" ("Who is like unto God") and "Israel" ("God contends").

You are pretty much literally saying "Damn God to Hell." (Gospodi Pomiluj!)
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

Kreuzritter

Tell me how l? ?il?ha ?ill?ll?h makes sense if "Allah" just means "God". "There is no god but the god"? Okaaaaay ... does any Muslim accept that as a profession of Islamic faith?

TheReturnofLive

In light of the fact that Isaiah 45:5 says that "I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God," it doesn't seem that extreme of a statement to say that there is no god besides God. Of course, from a Christian perspective, there are Three Hypostases but One God, not three gods, which differs from the Islamic perspective of one Hypostasis.

From the Arabic Liturgy of Saint John Chrysostom:

???? ????? ???? ?????? ???? ???? ???? ?? ???? ??????
Qudd?sun All?h, Qudd?sun al-qaw?, Qudd?sun alladh? l? yam?t ur?amn?.
Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal have mercy on us.

Making it clear that Christians and Muslims don't worship the same deity theologically ("He who denies the Son has not the Father"), it is clear that "Allah" is how God is referred to in authentic Arabic liturgical traditions - Copts, Greek Alexandrians, Antiochians / Melkites, etc.
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Kreuzritter on September 02, 2019, 01:11:02 PM
Did you all hear that?

Yes, sadly we all did.

It is not the consummation of Muhammad's marriage to Aisha that is in question here but your juvenile need to mock a sexual act in vulgar terms, just like a high-school teenager that can't come to terms with adult discussion.

Quote from: Kreuzritter on September 02, 2019, 01:11:02 PMDamn Allah to Hell...(bla bla bla)

The only thing keyboard crusaders such as yourself are capable of damning to hell is everybody else's patience.

abc123