Author Topic: Church teaching  (Read 246 times)

Offline pioflower

• Vizekorporal
Church teaching
« on: August 12, 2022, 09:41:46 AM »
Hi, im very confused and very worried about the church teaching on the second coming.
I just don't understand it all and nothing was taught to me . Trying to get answers from the internet and from priests but nothing is clear .

Scripture tells us that his second coming is signified to us by the moon turning blood red and the sun being turned to black ... Then there will be a sign in the heavens (skies?)
He is being described in the book of the apocalypse of being white and orange ( like fire)

Is he here for a period of time?

I don't get it, nothing is clear

Offline james03

• Major
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Church teaching
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 12:51:00 PM »
If you are quoting from Apoc. 6, that is the fall of the jews and the destruction of the temple.

The Christian times start with the 7th seal and is divided up by the 7 trumpets.

So trumpet 2 is Islam, trumpet 3 is the Great Schism, and trumpet 4 is the Great Western Schism.  Trumpet 5 is the protestant revolt.  Trumpet 6 starts with war breaking out in Syria and Iraq.  Trumpet 7 is blown after the killing of the 2 witnesses.

This is according to Kramer's Book of Destiny from TAN.  You can read that if you want an in depth treatment.

Basically we have to have the great war with 1/3 of mankind killed off.  Chances are all of us reading this will be dead after that, at least a 33% probability.  Then you get the anti-Christ rising.  And after that, Christ returns.

Are you having another panic attack?  Everyone here loves you as a Christian sister and we'll pray for you.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

The following users thanked this post: Bernadette, Lynne, Michael Wilson

Offline coffeeandcigarette

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 09:36:35 AM »
Hi, im very confused and very worried about the church teaching on the second coming.
I just don't understand it all and nothing was taught to me . Trying to get answers from the internet and from priests but nothing is clear .

Scripture tells us that his second coming is signified to us by the moon turning blood red and the sun being turned to black ... Then there will be a sign in the heavens (skies?)
He is being described in the book of the apocalypse of being white and orange ( like fire)

Is he here for a period of time?

I don't get it, nothing is clear

Do you have children? The reason I ask is my only anxiety with anything scary in the world (covid, death, war, famine, etc) is my children. I worry for them, I worry for their souls. I worry for their welfare if I died, etc. Just pray, focus on growing in perfection. Go to compline or listen to it every night and follow along in a book. It is so beautiful and such a comfort, a wonderful way to end the day as a Catholic. The devil loves us to be scared and focus on that, so that our souls get neglected. Padre Pio said "pray, hope, and don't worry." This is the best advice!

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, james03, Michael Wilson, Julio

Online Julio

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 05:02:02 PM »
Yes, I like that ways of St. Padre Pio, and God bless all.

Offline pioflower

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2022, 06:10:37 PM »
Does anyone have any access or link to an old catechism in the old rite on the second coming, if it's before or during or after the anti Christ . It's not clear . That would be much helpful

Offline pioflower

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2022, 02:08:22 AM »
Does anyone have any access to any old rite catechism on the second coming ? What is taught by the church isn't of this whole vague " he will come again to judge"

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2022, 11:05:30 AM »
Does anyone have any access to any old rite catechism on the second coming ? What is taught by the church isn't of this whole vague " he will come again to judge"
Which Catechism do you refer to? The Catechism of the Council of Trent, can be found online
http://www.catholicapologetics.info/thechurch/catechism/trentc.htm
Look up the articles of the Creed, article 7, "From thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead"
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

The following users thanked this post: pioflower