Started by Serendipity, February 09, 2019, 06:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serendipity

Hello

What brings you to SD? Looking to connect with other Catholics to discuss contemporary issues
Are you a member of other Internet fora?  If so, care to mention which one(s)? No other fora used
Why did you choose your username and avatar? Serendipity is a happy occurrence, that is how I feel about finding this forum. No avatar yet
What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning? I am single
Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!) Yorkshire Dales
Personality type? Mixed!
Favorite books? Eclectic mix of genres from sci fi to spirituality and every else in between - avid reader
Favorite movies? As above
Favorite TV shows? Not really a TV watcher other than the news
Favorite sports/teams. Hidden disability means that I find my previous sports difficult, used to be into rock climbing, swimming and walking etc
Have any hobbies? As above
Pet peeves: Lies
Fun random fact about yourself: I have a holey brain! Literally :)

Michael Wilson

Serpendipity,
welcome to our forum; we are practically un-regulated trads having a great time arguing about nearly everything! The Women on this forum are a very good group, more solidly Catholic than the men. The men tend to be from a more "diverse" range of opinions.
I hope you like it here and I look forward to your contributions.
In the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
Mike
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Serendipity

Quote from: Michael Wilson on February 09, 2019, 01:02:17 PM
Serpendipity,
welcome to our forum; we are practically un-regulated trads having a great time arguing about nearly everything! The Women on this forum are a very good group, more solidly Catholic than the men. The men tend to be from a more "diverse" range of opinions.
I hope you like it here and I look forward to your contributions.
In the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
Mike

Thank you for the welcome Mike, having looked through a number of threads I feel very uneducated in the realm of Catholicism!  I am a recent returner to the faith and my knowledge base is that of a teenager as that was when I abandoned the Church.  It seems I may have a lot of catching up to do!

Michael Wilson

Serpindipity,
Your path is similar to others on this forum; you will find a lot of helpful advice and information here.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Prayerful

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Xavier

Hello Serendipity. Welcome to the forum. God bless you as you re-discover the treasures of your Catholic Faith here.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)