Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

I played Uncle Wiggly with my granddaughter who is just shy of 5. She stomped me.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

dymphna17

Quote from: red solo cup on July 13, 2016, 07:03:45 AM
I played Uncle Wiggly with my granddaughter who is just shy of 5. She stomped me.

Now there's a good dose of humility for the soul!  I'll bet she loved every minute of it, too!  :lol:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: dymphna17 on July 13, 2016, 07:18:39 AM

Now there's a good dose of humility for the soul!  I'll bet she loved every minute of it, too!  :lol:

And it will be an awesome memory, too.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

dymphna17

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on July 13, 2016, 09:48:08 AM
Quote from: dymphna17 on July 13, 2016, 07:18:39 AM

And it will be an awesome memory, too.

Exactly!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

dymphna17

Spent more time outdoors this weekend than I have in a year.  Actually got to go to a bike rally and spend some time with my best friend, just like the good ole days. Then spent yesterday out at the lake with friends and family and all their little ones.  Even got to spend a little time with my Godson.  I think Hubby has the jet ski bug now, though.  All in all, I have much to thank God for today.   :pray3: 8)
?

Carleendiane

Drove up to Cheboygan, mi. Yesterday. Family visit. It has been wonderful. Spending time with brother I haven't seen for 9yrs.  Any way just as we were turning the corner at our hotel, we lost our transmission. No warning or engine light. It just broke down ! (should have just stayed on the struggle bus😳.So we swore a little, coasted to our hotel, and had the car towed away this morning. This will be no cheap fix! We were only going to stay one overnight. We may be here until Friday. Fun times. At least we are in good company!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 06, 2016, 02:31:55 PM
Drove up to Cheboygan, mi. Yesterday. Family visit. It has been wonderful. Spending time with brother I haven't seen for 9yrs.  Any way just as we were turning the corner at our hotel, we lost our transmission. No warning or engine light. It just broke down ! (should have just stayed on the struggle bus😳.So we swore a little, coasted to our hotel, and had the car towed away this morning. This will be no cheap fix! We were only going to stay one overnight. We may be here until Friday. Fun times. At least we are in good company!
oh noes... Car trouble is the worst

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Yep, had to leave car up north,rent a car to get home and will go back next week to pick it up. And...2,250.00 poorer. Bummer! Ouch!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

zork

Went on a tour of a bourbon distillery in Frankfort, KY.

Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: zork on September 07, 2016, 07:52:19 PM
Went on a tour of a bourbon distillery in Frankfort, KY.

Good stuff. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Chestertonian

we took my son to the pool one last time before school starts tomorrow.  he treaded water in the deep end and I timed him on my app.  was nice to go for a long stroll with the baby on my chest and the rest of my family by my side.  First time we went out all together.  It was Not oppressively hot like it has been...
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on September 07, 2016, 08:45:37 PM
we took my son to the pool one last time before school starts tomorrow.  he treaded water in the deep end and I timed him on my app.  was nice to go for a long stroll with the baby on my chest and the rest of my family by my side.  First time we went out all together.  It was Not oppressively hot like it has been...

Sounds like you all needed and benefitted, including the baby boy on your chest! A happy memory for the memory box.

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 06, 2016, 01:16:45 PM
Spent more time outdoors this weekend than I have in a year.  Actually got to go to a bike rally and spend some time with my best friend, just like the good ole days. Then spent yesterday out at the lake with friends and family and all their little ones.  Even got to spend a little time with my Godson.  I think Hubby has the jet ski bug now, though.  All in all, I have much to thank God for today.   :pray3: 8)

Sweet dymphna! You seem to have covered a lot of ground in a short amount of time and it all sounds so fun. now, if you do get a jet ski we will have to discuss bathing suits! You will have to slide out of those jeans and into a bathing suit. Things are getting complicated my dear. We can have a private conversation and hammer out the details. ;D I want to live with you. You and hubby sure seem to get around. Good for you my friend.

Patriarch

Was glad to have a nice respite with friends in their house in the country for a few days . . .
Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Thy great mercy . . . "
— Psalm 50, 3.

Christina_S

Went to Holy Hour with some new friends and out for a beer afterwards. De Ranke was nice and hearty.   :cheeseheadbeer:
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith