Japanese or Russian?

Started by Heinrich, December 30, 2012, 12:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Lyubov choose Russia? 

Color me shocked, shocked I say!
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

The Harlequin King

That's a tough one, but I'd ultimately settle with Russian. My mom would not find it amusing if I learned the language of the enemy. The Japs are hated by all other Asians, with good reason.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: The Harlequin King on December 31, 2012, 02:36:01 PM
That's a tough one, but I'd ultimately settle with Russian. My mom would not find it amusing if I learned the language of the enemy. The Japs are hated by all other Asians, with good reason.

But you're a Texan...  and the Russians are.... well.... Russian!  :O
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Ancilla Domini

Why shouldn't you learn the language of the enemy? As per the once and unofficial motto of the Defense Language Institute: We learn Russian, so you don't have to!  :D

The Harlequin King

Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 31, 2012, 02:40:22 PMBut you're a Texan...  and the Russians are.... well.... Russian!  :O

Texans don't feel strongly about Russians one way or the other. There aren't too many Russians around here. The funny thing about racism is that racism isn't really formed by total ignorance, but by bad impressions. If your only exposure to a race is via its uneducated underclass (illegal Mexican immigrants, for example), of course you're going to form some bad ideas about them. But if you have zero exposure to them at all, you're just neutral. It's why in Texas, a Mongolian is on better footing than an illegal Mexican. No one knows anything about Mongolians except maybe a thing or two about a cool guy called Genghis, so all you can do is nod and smile.

The Harlequin King

Quote from: Ancilla Domini on December 31, 2012, 02:55:50 PMWhy shouldn't you learn the language of the enemy? As per the once and unofficial motto of the Defense Language Institute: We learn Russian, so you don't have to!  :D

Yeah, but to my mom, learning Japanese is like a hobbit trying to learn the tongue of Mordor.

Christknight104

Japan. I can speak, read, and write Japanese already, having learned it in high school for four years. I believe the SSPX has a presence , albeit limited, in Japan. Bishop Williamson lead a pilgrimage at Our Lady of Akita just recently in fact. Japanese Catholics, even the Novus Ordo ones, wear veils with dedication, so it would easy to tradvert one. I prefer Japanese girls. Then again, I am Asian  :).  Russia has even less Catholics than Japan, being such a devout Orthodox nation.

Bonaventure

Quote from: Christknight104 on December 31, 2012, 03:31:18 PM
Japanese Catholics, even the Novus Ordo ones, wear veils with dedication, so it would easy to tradvert one.

I heard this about Korea, but not Japan.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Christknight104

Quote from: Bonaventure on December 31, 2012, 03:37:14 PM
Quote from: Christknight104 on December 31, 2012, 03:31:18 PM
Japanese Catholics, even the Novus Ordo ones, wear veils with dedication, so it would easy to tradvert one.

I heard this about Korea, but not Japan.

Judging from this photos, it can be concluded  that the trend in Japan is similar to the trend in Korea

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Peregrine

I would choose Japanese because I would like to be able to watch Anime with the original language.

dust

Russian. Without question. Call me stupid, but i believe the Russian people ( not Gov't) may teach us about tradition.
"The Truth is still the Truth, even if nobody believes it, and a lie is still a lie, even if everybody believes it." ++ Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen
"Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris"

The Harlequin King

Quote from: dust on December 31, 2012, 09:01:56 PM
Russian. Without question. Call me stupid, but i believe the Russian people ( not Gov't) may teach us about tradition.

Where that's concerned, so could the Japanese.

OCLittleFlower

Depends on which country we adopt from.  The Russian way is rather barred to us at the moment -- they just made adoption by Americans illegal.  If we adopt from Bulgaria, Russian won't do me much good.  Not sure about Georgia.

Japanese would be cool -- I could read the rest of one of my favorite mangas.  I have 15 out of 21 volumes -- but the American publisher went out of business before they translated the rest.  I could buy the Japanese version, but it wouldn't do me much good currently.

Either way, I wouldn't want to spend a lot of time in a large city in any country.  I'm just not a city girl for more than short visits.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

poche

I was leaning towards Russia but then I saw the boiling water winter post and I think I would rather be in Japan, preferably in a southern part of Japan.