Pope Releases Apostolic Letter on Sacred Scripture

Started by Vetus Ordo, October 02, 2020, 06:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on October 07, 2020, 09:12:26 AM
Quote from: TheReturnofLive on October 07, 2020, 03:03:36 AM
I know, right? Why pick Charles V? Although his jawline destroys mine, his entire reign was characterized by widespread debt and inflation.

Should've been more clever and picked Isabella of Castile and Ferdinand II of Aragon, the marriage which essentially formed the Kingdom of Spain.

You really should read more, Live, if you think Charles V's significance is limited to his jawline.

Very few men in history have ever been as powerful as Charles. Significantly, it was under his reign that Spain expanded her colonies in America and broadened the horizons of Catholicism. Yet, when he was 56 years of age and at the height of his power, he abdicated and retired to a monastery for a life of seclusion, simplicity and prayer where he died two years later. He also mourned the death of his wife for 19 years, wearing black unto the hour of death.

Charles was one of the most fascinating and admirable monarchs of all time. A man who immortalized "I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse" deserves to be remembered fondly.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.