Question about chat room

Started by Acolyte, October 06, 2013, 12:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acolyte

I went to the chat room and clicked the "who is" button. I was the only one there and it opened a popup sort of window showing my IP.

So, can we see each other's IP as well ?
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Acolyte

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Acolyte

St Alphonsus

Acolyte

Quote from: Acolyte on October 06, 2013, 12:12:34 AM
I went to the chat room and clicked the "who is" button. I was the only one there and it opened a popup sort of window showing my IP.

So, can we see each other's IP as well ?

Did I ask a question that the staff rather not answer ?

If you don't want to answer, that's fine. A pm or something stating such would seem appropriate though.

No ?
St Alphonsus

Kaesekopf

It's probably more that the rest of my staff doesn't know much about technical things, me seeing this, and then forgetting about it. 

When you are using the chat program, you can view other people's IP addresses. 

The chat program/IRC/Mibbit is separate from using the forum, and forum users cannot see other forum users' IP addresses, unless you're using IRC/Mibbit/chat.

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Acolyte

Ok, thanks.

Probably no big deal, just seems an odd feature.
St Alphonsus