Have We Learned Anything From Miles Mathis?

Started by Conclavist, December 29, 2019, 07:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conclavist

http://mileswmathis.com/updates.html

I assume some people here must have read Mr. Mathis before.

I will summarize some thoughts on him and how I think this relates to "traditionalism".

Firstly, he's not Catholic but I think secular, so should be interpreted through knowing that (and hence says things Catholics would not agree with).

Fake History

A big thing he claims is that a lot of things throughout history were faked; I find these theories at least interesting, if not true. It's just easier to fake things than for them to actually happen. But some have criticized this tendency to believe things were faked, as a kind of desire to believe reality is not as bad as it is: like when thinking that a shooting tragedy happened where multiple people died, that it is a comforting false belief that the event didn't actually happen so that is why people are believing in it. I suppose to some extent it doesn't matter if the event was fake or not, sometimes our actions will be the same regardless, but sometimes not.

Genealogies

Another thing he makes use of is genealogies, to draw conclusions about people. For instance, people change their names, but their past name shows they were related to so-and-so, and so like if a person appears to be a common person who became a star, but was already connected to other successful people, then they were actually made in to that star (their rise to becoming a popular star didn't happen organically). So this sometimes provides insights.

I was wondering if anyone did a "cluster" (?) analysis of the sex abuse crimes that happened in the V2 church, to see where most of them came from and therefore if some of these were created on purpose, or under careless modernist leadership (and you could pinpoint specific bad organizations or leaders where a lot of this activity came from).

Another thing in traditionalism I've seen is that +Thuc was " a member of the NgĂ´ family who ruled South Vietnam" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ng%C3%B4_%C4%90%C3%ACnh_Th%E1%BB%A5c. +Lefebvre you can read on his Wikipedia that his father "had run a spy-ring for British Intelligence when Tourcoing was occupied by the Germans during World War I." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcel_Lefebvre  So again neither were random heros that came out of nowhere, but very connected. Some have argued they were working for the modernists, but again more research might suggest that is either true or false. Again, to me it doesn't matter one way or the other, as I kind of reject both bishops' approach to traditionalism.

Sometimes these connections yield some kind of insight, sometimes not. Miles I think has argued for instance that a lot of "occult" groups are simply military operations, who use the occult as an image to scare people away. I don't agree with this as I believe there are genuine occult groups (Miles believes what he believes here possibly in part because I think he is secular).

"Alternative" Science

Other points are that he argues for competing theories of science, which I think could be true. "Science" today has become very homogeneous, it seems there is a lot of agreement on "theories", which are states as "facts". But when you look at some of these cutting edge theories, it's not obvious at all that they're true, and some competing theories seem to be downplayed when perhaps more discussion about them might be worthwhile.

Anyway, this thread was supposed to be about any insights that might be gained from Miles Mathis and applied to traditionalism; for sure, his writing isn't inherently Catholic, but I found some of the approach complementary personally to other knowledge.