Sig and Avatar bets thread

Started by Arun, January 15, 2015, 04:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arun

a while ago i suggested in the forum suggestions thread that we get vCash for having online bets about stuff just for fun. that isn't going to happen, from the looks of things, so i figured why not make a thread here for sig bets (as in the one who loses the bet has to carry a sig line for a designated amount of time, written by the one who wins the bet; and it can be whatever they want it to say lol) or avatar bets (winner creates/designs/specifies an avatar the loser has to use for a designated amount of time).
started thinking about it and the sig and avatar bets would actually probably be more fun than the vCash, so here's the thread for it.
to be official here are some ground rules i think we should follow though.
all official bets and agreements should be mentioned and agreed to by both parties here in this thread so there is public record of them to go by in case anybody tries backing out later or anything.
people playing are definitely going to want to have fun with the sig lines and avatars but it probably goes without saying, although i'll say it anyway, it should be kept in good taste.
when Kaese sees this thread if there are any specific rules he wants to lay down regarding it, we must obey - it's his forum.

i'll post in here a little later on with an open call out for a bet so anybody keen to get right into playing keep your eyes out for it.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

OCLittleFlower

-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Arun

yes i just need to think of something to bet on lol

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Arun

Anybody want to take a sig bet that the "How did Fr Malachi Martin know to mention Russia and Kiev" thread goes another three pages or more by Monday...?

having trouble thinking of a something to bet on lol... if somebody wants to take me up on it let me know before Monday. just using the forum's clock for that, too, so the time on the bet would run out say midday Monday by the forum clock in the upper right hand corner...

edited to add: it was at page 43 at the time of writing this post, so for me to win it would need to be at page 46 or more.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Arun

Loser has to display Winner-written sig for one week.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Arun

Ok... Anybody want to take a profile pic bet on Ufc fight night then? I'm picking McGregor inside the distance, and cerrone by decision...

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Crapatalk 2

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Arun

Anybody keen on a sig bet for Silva vs Diaz...? I can post up Vegas odds and details later if anybody likes, I'm just keen to actually get some playing going on here so I'll even let the other person pick their bet and I'll take the bet lol.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Arun

UFC 183 Odds For The Under Card:

Sara McMann (-210) vs. Miesha Tate (+170)
Derek Brunson (-600) vs. Ed Herman (+400)
Ian McCall (-230) vs. John Lineker (+180)
Rafael Natal (-185) vs. Tom Watson (+150)
Diego Brandao (-175) vs. Jimy Hettes (+145)
Ildemar Alcantara (-185) vs. Richardson Moreira (+150)
Thiago Santos (-175) vs. Andy Enz (+145)

UFC 183 Odds For The Main Card:

Anderson Silva (-450) vs. Nick Diaz (+325)
Tyron Woodley (-105) vs. Kelvin Gastelum (-125)
Al Iaquinta (-190) vs. Joe Lauzon (+155)
Thales Leites (-500) vs. Tim Boetsch (+350)
Jordan Mein (-145) vs. Thiago Alves (+115)

McMann vs Tate will be an interesting fight I think, both women are strong competitors and I think it will be a close one but I'd be willing to sig bet on McMann if anybody favours Tate.

And as I said, just to help get the ball rolling on having some fun with sig and av betting I'll take a bet on Silva vs Diaz and let the other person pick the bet. All in good fun.

:)

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Arun

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Arun

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/fixtures

i'm open to make sig bets on RWC games. loser has to sport a sig written by winner until the team they bet on plays again. any takers?

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

dymphna17

Quote from: Arun on September 18, 2015, 02:11:31 AM

i'm open to make sig bets on RWC games. loser has to sport a sig written by winner until the team they bet on plays again. any takers?

Do you know these people?  I'd be playing blind, but it sounds like fun.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Arun

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 18, 2015, 04:40:58 AM

just the ABs. but i'd take bets on other teams and games too. i will take an av bet on ABs winning the Cup if anybody is interested; if NZ doesn't take home the cup i'll display an avatar of the other person's choice for, say, a month.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

dymphna17

Quote from: Arun on September 18, 2015, 05:05:31 PM

just the ABs. but i'd take bets on other teams and games too. i will take an av bet on ABs winning the Cup if anybody is interested; if NZ doesn't take home the cup i'll display an avatar of the other person's choice for, say, a month.

Don't know if I'm doing this right so please correct me if I'm wrong.  I'll take Wales on 9/20 against Uruguary.  If they lose, I'll display an avatar of the other person's choice for a week.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Arun

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 18, 2015, 05:31:25 PM

Don't know if I'm doing this right so please correct me if I'm wrong.  I'll take Wales on 9/20 against Uruguary.  If they lose, I'll display an avatar of the other person's choice for a week.

yep you're doing it right. and Wales is a pretty sure bet. but for the fun of it and to get the ball rolling, i'll take Uruguay. looks like i will probably end up sporting an av of your choice soon lol

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

dymphna17

Quote from: Arun on September 19, 2015, 05:02:38 AM
Quote from: dymphna17 on September 18, 2015, 05:31:25 PM

yep you're doing it right. and Wales is a pretty sure bet. but for the fun of it and to get the ball rolling, i'll take Uruguay. looks like i will probably end up sporting an av of your choice soon lol

Cool!  My Mom's side of the family is from Wales so it seemed like a good bet.   :grin:   I won't embarrass you with a wicked good avatar.    :beer:
?