My Lord and my God.

misericonfit

Quote from: Bernadette on January 06, 2016, 06:37:08 PM
Quote from: misericonfit on January 05, 2016, 06:53:00 PM
Harry Potter Book 7
Harry Potter a l'Ecole des Sorciers
Harry Potter e la Camera dei Segreti

Pfff. Showoff. :lol: ;)
ROFL. Not *entirely* :) - I want to broaden my horizons by seeing what is made of it in other languages, and, equally important, improve my knowledge of those languages. HP is a painless way to do that. Foreign grammar is much less painful to learn when one has been prepared for it by reading the original text in English.
Receive, O Lord, all my liberty. Take my memory, my understanding, and my entire will. Whatsoever I have or possess Thou hast bestowed upon me; to Thee I give it all back and surrender it wholly to be governed by Thy Will. Give me love for Thee alone, with Thy grace, and I am rich enough and ask for nothing more.

- St Ignatius Loyola.

Bernadette

Quote from: misericonfit on January 07, 2016, 03:22:52 PM
Harry Potter Book 7

ROFL. Not *entirely* :) - I want to broaden my horizons by seeing what is made of it in other languages, and, equally important, improve my knowledge of those languages. HP is a painless way to do that. Foreign grammar is much less painful to learn when one has been prepared for it by reading the original text in English.

I've read Babar in French. :) Most enjoyable.
My Lord and my God.

red solo cup

Quote from: Bernadette on January 07, 2016, 03:43:46 PM
Quote from: misericonfit on January 07, 2016, 03:22:52 PM
Harry Potter Book 7

I've read Babar in French. :) Most enjoyable.
I'm reading Green Eggs and Ham in Sanskrit.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

red solo cup

Militant and Triumphant: William Henry O'Connell and the Catholic Church in Boston 1859-1944 by James O'Toole. Very good.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Habitual_Ritual

Joan of Arc: Her Story
by Régine Pernoud and Marie-Véronique Clin

An excellent telling of the story of St Joan. It is also research for a future illustration I will be doing. My niece is going to model for Joan. Régine Pernoud is an excellent author who's writings debunk many of the liberal notions about the medieval period.
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Hiero of Syracuse

Sweet. I'm going to check this one out. Thanks for bringing it up, Habitual Ritual.

Habitual_Ritual

Pernoud has a newer book release on  St Joan now too.
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Kaesekopf

Quote from: red solo cup on January 10, 2016, 11:14:39 AM
Militant and Triumphant: William Henry O'Connell and the Catholic Church in Boston 1859-1944 by James O'Toole. Very good.

Sounds good. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Clare

Orthodoxy by G K Chesterton. (Read it 15 or so years ago too.)
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

Prayerful

Willoughbyland: England's Lost Colony by Matthew Parker.It was in Guyana, roughly and worked well as a place for those poor English and Irish displaced from Barbados by African slaves (a monopoly of a company headed by Charles II and the Prince of Wales), although their terms of service were little different from slavery, but the time in bonded servitude was finite. Most failed colonies were failures from start to finish, but this prospered for a considerable time. It helped that the Navigation Act was not applied to it.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Gardener

Doomsday Key by James Rollins. Light adventure fiction in the same vein as Clive Cussler stuff. Nice to take a break from heavier fare.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

INPEFESS

I  n
N omine
P atris,
E t
F ilii,
E t
S piritus
S ancti

>))))))º> "Wherefore, brethren, labour the more, that by good works you may make sure your calling and election. For doing these things, you shall not sin at any time" (II Peter 1:10). <º((((((<

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Christina_S

Just finished East of Eden this afternoon. Quite a fascinating read. Also read The Glass Castle. That book almost made me cry.

Time for Shakespeare!!! As You Like It and All's Well That Ends Well coming up.
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith