What are you currently reading?

Started by Francisco Suárez, December 26, 2012, 09:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngloFalcon

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on January 05, 2015, 03:43:04 PM
I just read Freakonomics and Think Like A Freak and now I'm reading Moonwalking with Einstein
Sounds about right.  :P

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 05, 2015, 08:50:30 AM
Pride and Prejudice.  Started it yesterday afternoon.   

Also, per the request of my husband, 'Masculinity: The Gentle Man', by Fr. Fox.  The tone is a bit.....haughty, but it has some good stuff in there, regarding man's authentic role in marriage.  It covers the wife's role, too, but more briefly. 

P&P is a good book. I haven't heard of the other, but it sounds intriguing. Is it the Fatima apostolate as in Fatima.org, or something else?

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: AngloFalcon on January 06, 2015, 03:43:06 AM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on January 05, 2015, 03:43:04 PM
I just read Freakonomics and Think Like A Freak and now I'm reading Moonwalking with Einstein
Sounds about right.  :P

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 05, 2015, 08:50:30 AM
Pride and Prejudice.  Started it yesterday afternoon.   

Also, per the request of my husband, 'Masculinity: The Gentle Man', by Fr. Fox.  The tone is a bit.....haughty, but it has some good stuff in there, regarding man's authentic role in marriage.  It covers the wife's role, too, but more briefly. 

P&P is a good book. I haven't heard of the other, but it sounds intriguing. Is it the Fatima apostolate as in Fatima.org, or something else?

I looked it up.  It's something else.  Fatimafamily.org 

AngloFalcon

Rose

I'm reading Watches of the Passion Vol. 1 for spiritual reading (brilliant books), The Winter Ghosts by Kate Mosse for light reading, and UnPlanned by Abby Johnson for not-so-light reading.
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bernadette

Watching the English: The Hidden Rules of English Behaviour, by Kate Fox. Thanks for the recommendation, Greg.  :)
My Lord and my God.

Kaesekopf

"Ready Player One"

It's really engaging.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Arun

don't mind me, just wanted to post a Crucifix for this post. think about it, you'll get it lol...

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

zork

lol

The Wheel of Time, Book 4: The Shadow Rising
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Kaesekopf

I got it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Arun

:D

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Crapatalk 2

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Michael Wilson

Quote from: zork on January 19, 2015, 04:38:44 PM
lol

The Wheel of Time, Book 4: The Shadow Rising
I read the whole series and really liked it.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

piabee

red solo cup

Holyland USA: A Catholic Ride Through America's Evangelical Landscape by Peter Feuerherd.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Rose

To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

piabee

Quote from: Rose on January 21, 2015, 08:32:45 AM
I've seen this around, piabee- any good?

It was slow going at the beginning but I'm about a quarter through now and it's picked up quite a bit. A lot more is supposed to happen by the end so we'll see. The writing is detailed but not heavy. My sister likes the author and lent me her other two books but I haven't gotten to them yet.