What now, Brexit?

Started by Jacob, July 09, 2018, 09:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Innocent Smith

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on July 10, 2018, 07:04:31 AM
Quote from: james03 on July 09, 2018, 06:41:53 PM
QuoteWhat's Spygate and what is Trump planning?

May's government cooperated with the US FBI to spy on the Trump campaign.  It appears that it was based out of London.  Steele was one.  Papadopolous was set up in London.  There were other names.

May is on Trump's sh*t list.  Trump's family is Scots, so he thinks highly of the islands.  May and her conspirators are in his sights however.

This sounds almost as good as England winning the world cup.

I'm so happy a team of actual Croatians beat the multicultural "English" team. I'll be rooting for Croatia to beat the multicultural "French" team.

It's the only way a nationalist from any nation should view this match.

Back in 1974 my Dad took us kids to see Poland play Italy at the International Amphitheater. It was a closed circuit event to watch the World Cup. My brothers and I were among the first kids to play soccer in this country.  I still have the program. Every team in it has players that look like they come from the country they represent.

In the grand scheme of things 1974 wasn't that long ago. Look what has transpired since. I actually started to lose interest in the World Cup soon after as the carpet baggers started appearing on Western European teams.

Another factor that wrecked it for me was so-called Team U.S.A. making it in to the Cup. The aggregate of listening to Olympic broadcasts and the ugly pro American bias inherent in them always rubbed me the wrong way.
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: Innocent Smith on July 13, 2018, 07:35:09 AM

May's government cooperated with the US FBI to spy on the Trump campaign.  It appears that it was based out of London.  Steele was one.  Papadopolous was set up in London.  There were other names.

May is on Trump's sh*t list.  Trump's family is Scots, so he thinks highly of the islands.  May and her conspirators are in his sights however.

I'm so happy a team of actual Croatians beat the multicultural "English" team. I'll be rooting for Croatia to beat the multicultural "French" team.

Back in 1974 my Dad took us kids to see Poland play Italy at the International Amphitheater. It was a closed circuit event to watch the World Cup. My brothers and I were among the first kids to play soccer in this country.  I still have the program. Every team in it has players that look like they come from the country they represent.

In the grand scheme of things 1974 wasn't that long ago. Look what has transpired since. I actually started to lose interest in the World Cup soon after as the carpet baggers started appearing on Western European teams.

Another factor that wrecked it for me was so-called Team U.S.A. making it in to the Cup. The aggregate of listening to Olympic broadcasts and the ugly pro American bias inherent in them always rubbed me the wrong way.

Are you saying that someone born in England and who lives in England, should have supported Croatia.

I take you're American, in which case support who the hell you like.

But don't tell me who to support. 
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

Innocent Smith

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on July 13, 2018, 09:05:24 AM

Are you saying that someone born in England and who lives in England, should have supported Croatia.

Is there an England anymore? Ray Davies doesn't seem to think so. He wrote this song more in the spirit of jobs being gone, lack of opportunity, people on the dole, and neighborhoods being decimated with the people being moved to new areas just like what happened here in the U.S. as told by E. Michael Jones in Slaughter of the Cities. Some of his relatives even had to migrate to Australia and Canada in the post war era.

But the chap who put this video together did an excellent job of presenting the disappearance of the country in the current age. Of course it's all part and parcel of what happened before and what Ray was first commenting on.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nse0Ch5_cKs[/yt]

BTW, no need to get all butt hurt over my commentary. I think I have a point.

Do they still show the six goals in the friendly match between West Germany and England in 1966 on game days, when the "national" team is playing, on the BBC? Or were those clips from the World Cup final of the same year? I get confused because I could swear they showed six goals. But it would make more sense to show the final.
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: Innocent Smith on July 13, 2018, 11:01:36 AM
Quote from: awkwardcustomer on July 13, 2018, 09:05:24 AM

Is there an England anymore? Ray Davies doesn't seem to think so. He wrote this song more in the spirit of jobs being gone, lack of opportunity, people on the dole, and neighborhoods being decimated with the people being moved to new areas just like what happened here in the U.S. as told by E. Michael Jones in Slaughter of the Cities. Some of his relatives even had to migrate to Australia and Canada in the post war era.

But the chap who put this video together did an excellent job of presenting the disappearance of the country in the current age. Of course it's all part and parcel of what happened before and what Ray was first commenting on.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nse0Ch5_cKs[/yt]

BTW, no need to get all butt hurt over my commentary. I think I have a point.

Do they still show the six goals in the friendly match between West Germany and England in 1966 on game days, when the "national" team is playing, on the BBC? Or were those clips from the World Cup final of the same year? I get confused because I could swear they showed six goals. But it would make more sense to show the final.

Yes I know you have a point. I just think you chose the wrong time to make it.  And now you've posted some doom and gloom video.

Your team didn't make it to this stage of the World Cup and so you can be all aloof about it and chose a team to support, or not, based on politics, or where your great-grandmother was born. Soccer isn't your national game because you have your own peculiar version, and so why should you really care about it anyway.  This is fine.

But there are times when things should be said and done, and times when they shouldn't.  It has felt good to be in England during the past couple of weeks.  I tried to ignore it all, I really did.  But the atmosphere was so infectious, I capitulated and I'm glad I did.  England made it to the semi-finals of the World Cup and it's been great, as has the weather.

You are raining on my parade.

And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  

Greg

With a few exceptions, all of the English players are born in England.  That is a requirement to play for England.

Exceptions here.
https://www.balls.ie/football/an-england-xi-of-players-who-were-not-born-in-england-296110

Are you suggesting that we dont let the niggers, sand niggers, gooks, frogs, krauts, spuds, pakis, dirty Indians and wops and wogs  play sporting games with us and represent our country?

How exactly would that work.  3 generations?  Six?  How many is enough?

It's only entertainment.  Who cares what colour they are, as long as they entertain us?  It's not like they are taking a giant Islamic crap on the flag.  I am all for acknowledging differences and admitting them, but in sport and war I am happy to suffer and die alongside the lowest of the low.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

If anything has reduced racism and race hatred around the world it is the displayed superiority of the usually inferior races at niches like sport, music, dance, entertainment.  I am all for giving any of these foreigners, who want to get ahead, an equal opportunity to do so.  And perhaps inspire others of their race to do so.  White man's burden continues with this particular race realist.

Nothing I like more than a black doctor or lawyer or computer scientist or indeed Traditional Rite priest.

Go forth and teach ye all nations?  But don't let them play football?

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

JackoPaul

Trump has been a bit of a let down today as he has retracted a few of his hard hitting statements. I was hoping for some more but its was expected I suppose. I think he knew what he was doing, he got his points across leaving may 24 hours to ponder them. I am sure he will raise the same issues in the future.

james03

Getting back to the OP, looks like my analysis was correct.  Happened quicker than I thought though.

QuoteMay is on Trump's sh*t list.  Trump's family is Scots, so he thinks highly of the islands.  May and her conspirators are in his sights however.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

JackoPaul

Quote from: Greg on July 13, 2018, 12:39:47 PM
How exactly would that work.  3 generations?  Six?  How many is enough?

How's about being born here that would be a great start. Sir Mo wasn't born in the UK and currently gets lottery funding from UK Athletics even though he has stated he is UNLIKELY to run for Britain again and LIVES in the US. Would he have chosen to run for another country like his native Somalia if it weren't for the UK providing some of the highest funding in the world, if not the highest? Twenty plus British born athletes lost their funding.

He admits to moving to the US to save on taxes from his large sponsorship earnings from Nike. He is touted as Britain's greatest ever Olympian even though Steve Redgrave has 5 gold medals from 5 Olympics with lottery funding no? This feat has never been equalled especially in such a physically demanding endurance event. Farah has never held a world record. It has been alleged Farah's coach is involved in doping and Farah himself missed a couple of drug tests but he says he is clean. So am I supposed to admire the Poster Boy like the press want me to, which is why they don't dare raise these issues? I certainly admire Steve Redgrave the man is an absolute Goliath and worthy of a knighthood

Greg

Except MoFarah is competing in a sport that can be done by anyone with two legs living in a mud hut in Timbuktu.  He inspired my son and many other children to run.  My son met him and ran a sub 6 min mile aged 8.  Kids are not rowing very much. It is a niche sport for posh white people who live near water.

The day Kenya, Indonesia and Saudi Arabia has a boat and a government funded team then Redgrave will be equal to Farah.

JackoPaul

Quote from: Greg on July 13, 2018, 10:07:08 PM
Except MoFarah is competing in a sport that can be done by anyone with two legs living in a mud hut in Timbuktu.  He inspired my son and many other children to run.  My son met him and ran a sub 6 min mile aged 8.  Kids are not rowing very much. It is a niche sport for posh white people who live near water.

The day Kenya, Indonesia and Saudi Arabia has a boat and a government funded team then Redgrave will be equal to Farah.

I dont care about people in mud huts in Timbuktu. We are talking about people representing GB. You asked how many generations do they need to be here first. Not about the colour of their skin nor there social stratification. I said they should be born here, which is quite right otherwise more people would represent countries that pay the most like the UK. Which makes international sport irrelevant. Why would I want funding from UK to influence people to run around their huts in Timbuktu. I am only interested in influencing people in the UK

I suppose you were lucky to catch Mo on the way back home to the US maybe he was here to pick up his cheque from UK athletics. Some how I think your son would have manged that mile without Mos influence. Lucky your son isn't good enough or old enough to run for GB and requiring funding from UK athletics, because the multi millionaire Mo aged 34 has got it for an event he has no experience in, even though he wasn't born in this country and doesn't live here to avoid tax and he isn't going to compete for GB again. But who cares about the 24 British athletes that had their funding removed? Do you think they will look up to Mo and improve to become gold medal winners now they are working shifts in McDonalds around trying to train full time?

How many people do you think Redgrave's achievements inspired in this country? We now have the best rowing team in the world. They are not all posh kids and there's still nothing wrong with being white in Britain and you don't need to live near water to actually row. Mo is 34 now and I don't see Mo's influence inspiring that many kids. How long is it taking them to come through because the British athletes are getting worse. Only Farah won an athletics gold at the last Olympics. May be he has influenced youngsters to come through and they have followed his example and gone off to perform for the highest bidder with the lowest tax rate. Thanks Mo you're a hero Steve Redgrave is not worthy to be mentioned in the same sentence as you. Ooops sorry mo

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: JackoPaul on July 13, 2018, 11:01:26 PM
We are talking about people representing GB. You asked how many generations do they need to be here first. Not about the colour of their skin nor there social stratification. I said they should be born here, which is quite right otherwise more people would represent countries that pay the most like the UK.

Yes, I agree. GB bought Mo Farah and his Olympic golds. It all seemed like a fiddle to me.

It would have been more charitable, surely, to support Mo in his training etc, and then let him represent Somalia, where he was born.  Surely the Somalian people could have used the psychological boost.

As for British born athletes having their funding cut. Were any of then 2nd or 3rd generation immigrants?  Because I'm increasingly hearing the grandchildren of the Windrush generation claiming that they are losing out as the newly arrived are favoured, especially in housing

I heard a young black guy, definitely British born from his accent, complaining that he and his pregnant girlfriend were being denied social housing because "they're giving them all to foreigners".  What they state gives, the state can also take away.

longstrangetrip5

Quote from: JackoPaul on July 13, 2018, 02:27:32 PM
Trump has been a bit of a let down today as he has retracted a few of his hard hitting statements. I was hoping for some more but its was expected I suppose. I think he knew what he was doing, he got his points across leaving may 24 hours to ponder them. I am sure he will raise the same issues in the future.

that baby Trump balloon is a little creepy

maybe i say that because it is the libs who are a bunch of babies while Trump appears to be one of the  only adults in the room.. (of course he would have been more so if he had chosen Coney Barrett but whatever) 

longstrangetrip5

Quote from: JackoPaul on July 12, 2018, 05:59:03 PM
Trump is a genius! He has far exceeded my expectations and it is only his first day in the UK.
He has caused so much trouble for the PM May, it is hilarious.
He has said he told her how to negotiate Brexit but she ignored him.
He said this is not what the people voted for in the Brexit referendum
He has said Boris would make an excellent PM
He said the trade deal with the US is off, but he obviously means it will be back on if Boris becomes PM
He has criticised the muslim mayor of London blaming him for islamic terror aatacks and an increase in crime.
He is going to see the Queen and I hope she gives him an honorary knighthood
yes to that last thing. Actually, I agree w/ all you say. Someone on Fox said that when Trump said Boris would make a good PM, it was like [PM May? and/or some president of another country] saying that Ted Cruz would make a good president... LOL

JackoPaul

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on July 14, 2018, 04:00:09 AM
Quote from: JackoPaul on July 13, 2018, 11:01:26 PM
We are talking about people representing GB. You asked how many generations do they need to be here first. Not about the colour of their skin nor there social stratification. I said they should be born here, which is quite right otherwise more people would represent countries that pay the most like the UK.

Yes, I agree. GB bought Mo Farah and his Olympic golds. It all seemed like a fiddle to me.

It would have been more charitable, surely, to support Mo in his training etc, and then let him represent Somalia, where he was born.  Surely the Somalian people could have used the psychological boost.

That sounds like a great idea to me. But may be the big picture is a poster boy was required to show the positive effects of mass immigration. When you got useful idiots like Brendan Foster saying Farah is Britain's greatest ever sportsman and demanding a knighthood for him the masses fall for it hook line and sinker. So the next step is to try and gloss over uber posh Steve Redgrave (5 golds 5 Olympics) son of builder and lets not even mention the world beating British cyclists like Sir Chris Hoy (6 golds), Jason Kenny (6 golds) and Sir Bradley Wiggins (5 golds). I was listening to Chris Boardman and he was asked out of all these cyclists who is the greatest. Boardman said none of them it's Laura Kenny (4 golds same as sir Mo) she is really outstanding and shes still only in her mid twenties. So maybe one day she will be the genuine Poster Girl for British sport.