Fifth Anniversary of SD Approaching

Started by Jayne, November 18, 2017, 12:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prayerful

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Gardener

Quote from: Lynne on November 20, 2017, 11:04:15 AM
At least it won't be like "The Lottery" ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lottery )

I read that when I was about 13. Messed me up. The sickening realization of cruelty, even if fictional, that people have towards one another for the supposed good of society.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

mikemac

Quote from: Heinrich on November 19, 2017, 03:31:27 PM
Maybe Chef(Käse) could ban five certain people as a gift to all of us.

Are you sure the count is still just at five?

Sometimes I wonder whether I stumbled into the wrong forum.  One that has been taken over by Orthodox, atheists and sedevacantists.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Kaesekopf

Quote from: mikemac on November 24, 2017, 08:24:40 PM

Sometimes I wonder whether I stumbled into the wrong forum.  One that has been taken over by Orthodox, atheists and sedevacantists.

There's like one Orthodox poster, two atheists, and a vehement sede. 

You're a goof sometimes, mikemac.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lynne

Quote from: Gardener on November 20, 2017, 01:11:03 PM
Quote from: Lynne on November 20, 2017, 11:04:15 AM
At least it won't be like "The Lottery" ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lottery )

I read that when I was about 13. Messed me up. The sickening realization of cruelty, even if fictional, that people have towards one another for the supposed good of society.

I've never read it but my husband did, at his Jesuit HS. Thank you for pointing out why one shouldn't read it.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Jayne

Quote from: Kaesekopf on November 25, 2017, 02:36:56 AM
Quote from: mikemac on November 24, 2017, 08:24:40 PM

There's like one Orthodox poster, two atheists, and a vehement sede. 

You're a goof sometimes, mikemac.

Sometimes there is a period when they are all posting at once and it does feel unbalanced.  I understand how mikemac is feeling.

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Gardener

A single tank firing at a silent battalion has the feeling of an losing battle. -confusedus
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Vetus Ordo

When is the proper day itself of the anniversary?
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Kaesekopf

The feast of St. Stephen, December 26.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Sophia3

Quote from: Kaesekopf on November 25, 2017, 12:47:59 PM

One of my favorite Feast Days! I always take off work that day...

Mono no aware

Quote from: Heinrich on November 19, 2017, 03:31:27 PMMaybe Chef(Käse) could ban five certain people as a gift to all of us.

This is a most intriguing idea.  Seeing as how several people "thanked" your post, I wonder if there might be enough support for it to become a reality.  I guess it could work one of two ways.  In your suggestion, it looks like Kaesekopf would personally choose the doomed quintet.  But uneasy lies the head that wears the crown, and it would perhaps weigh heavily on his conscience to ban five people merely because he found them the most annoying on the fifth year anniversary.  Not that he probably cares, but it would damage his reputation in the traditional Catholic forumosphere.  He would forever be the capricious administrator who banned five people out of the blue ("just to manifest his overblown sense of justice and glory," they might carp).

The second option would be to absolve Der Kopf: let him wash his hands of the matter and put the question to the people.  In this situation there would be a poll listing the candidates, and the five who receive the most votes would get the banishment.  I think a small committee of well-respected and orthodox posters such as yourself, Heinrich, and let's say the four other people who thanked your post (red solo cup, dymphna17, mikemac, and Lynne) could compile a list of ten or a dozen who could be voted on.  It should take into account anyone who has ever been called out for dangerous posting: it would have to include Greg (who was accused of trying to sabotage people's faith after JP II was canonized) as well as Jayne, who several people have had problems with.  Here is a short list of obvious suggestions, but it's by no means complete.  And whoever chairs the decision committee would make themselves publicly available for suggestions from the broader membership, sent by PM.

abc123

Gerard

Greg

Jayne

Kirin

Livenotonevil

Pon de Replay

Quaremerepulisti

clau clau

Quote from: Sophia3 on November 26, 2017, 06:59:01 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on November 25, 2017, 12:47:59 PM

One of my favorite Feast Days! I always take off work that day...

So do I, every year without fail.  This year I think I will watch a Rocky movie.   ;D

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Jayne

Quote from: Pon de Replay on November 29, 2017, 03:40:52 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on November 19, 2017, 03:31:27 PMMaybe Chef(Käse) could ban five certain people as a gift to all of us.

This is a most intriguing idea.  Seeing as how several people "thanked" your post, I wonder if there might be enough support for it to become a reality.

Just to remind everyone that my suggestion was to take the anniversary of the forum as an opportunity for a sort of jubilee.  I object to it being used to promote the opposite, although I took Heinrich's comment as more of a joke.  I especially object to Pon making a list of bannable posters and trying yet again to introduce his distasteful idea of having a forum popularity contest. 

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Gardener

Well you cannot ban me until after Christmas, cus it would ruin the Secret Santa thing we have going. (https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=19035.0)