«Who Are You, O Immaculata?» by Fr. Karl Stehlin, SSPX

Started by Geremia, September 06, 2017, 01:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geremia

Who Are You, O Immaculata?
The first time that God communicates his own name to us in Holy Scripture he says, "I AM WHO AM." When Our Lady spoke to little Saint Bernadette at Lourdes she told her "I AM THE  IMMACULATE CONCEPTION." Oh, the depths of mystery and beauty that lie in those twin utterances! The full role of the Immaculata is explored and refined, and its relevance to the world of our time is detailed in an easy to read and understand format.
Order: Kolbe Publications
Download in pdf

In other languages here: https://knightlibrary.wordpress.com

Lynne

That's a wonderful book but it's still under copyright by Loreto Publications.

This is copyright infringement.

See this post by Gardener re this topic.  The book is not infringing copyright. 
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Gardener

Just got it. Shipping is $12... goodnight, what in the world. But shipping to Malaysia is only $3? Where on earth is this thing coming from? lol.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

christulsa

Quote from: Gardener on September 06, 2017, 08:53:34 PM
Just got it. Shipping is $12... goodnight, what in the world. But shipping to Malaysia is only $3? Where on earth is this thing coming from? lol.

My guess Philippines.   Last I heard he is District Superior of Asian district. Plus they take a loose view of copyright laws.  It costs $30 to send a small package to the Philippines.

Obrien

Pardon me, Gardener- I thought I remember you being from Arizona? They have that book the SSPX chapel in Phoenix. No shipping.

Gardener

Quote from: Obrien on September 06, 2017, 09:14:16 PM

Pardon me, Gardener- I thought I remember you being from Arizona? They have that book the SSPX chapel in Phoenix. No shipping.

Colorado
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Gardener

Quote from: christulsa on September 06, 2017, 09:09:00 PM

My guess Philippines.   Last I heard he is District Superior of Asian district. Plus they take a loose view of copyright laws.  It costs $30 to send a small package to the Philippines.

Wait.. I'm confused. So the paperback is not legit? I thought Lynne was talking about the PDF.

Gardener

Looks like Loreto Publications is 3.99 shipping.

I've canceled my order w/ Kolbe Publications via email and lodged a report w/ PayPal.

Here's Loreto:
http://loretopubs.org/who-are-you-o-immaculata.html

Once I get refunded, I'll order from Loreto.

Lynne

Quote from: Gardener on September 06, 2017, 10:25:06 PM
Looks like Loreto Publications is 3.99 shipping.

I've canceled my order w/ Kolbe Publications via email and lodged a report w/ PayPal.

Here's Loreto:
http://loretopubs.org/who-are-you-o-immaculata.html

Once I get refunded, I'll order from Loreto.

Thanks! I should have included the link.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Gardener

PayPal has refunded my order amount.

Loreto order status: go!

I look forward to the book. St. Maximilian+St. Louis de Montfort as sources? Gonna be good!

Gardener

Just got this from "Kolbe" Publishers:

QuoteDear Sir,
I have received correspondence from paypal and can only say we are disappointed with your actions.
Being new to this new project( I am a volunteer inexperienced in such matters),I have written you upon receipt of your letter and waited for your subsequent action which you did not deign to reply but instead lodge a complaint.
For your information Kolbe Publications is a new apostolate of the MI , established in the spirituality of St. Maximilian Kolbe and our only  goal is the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart and the salvation of souls as stated  on our page :
http://www.kolbepublications.com/about/category/Announcements
We are not  a regular commercial enterprise/bookstore .
Our main focus is dissemination of our publications, bulletins etc to chapels and MI corners all over the world, all entailing substantial costs to us and depending almost wholly on donations and hopefully some meagre income from the webshop in future.
For your private and personal information only , Fr. Stehlin has before the establishment of Kolbe given permission to many publishers for his works, with no royalties or benefits but only readership and salvation  of souls in mind. Whether Loreto has copyrights is therefore a question-mark??
This issue , which has already run out of stock was printed just before Kolbe was formed and transferred to us so the publisher name is also not Kolbe though we own the books.

Thank you for your kind attention

GOD BLESS

Uhhhh... yeah, I did reply, immediately upon realizing they were just some lumpia eating charlatans. I said:

QuoteHello,

I would like to cancel my order for order 10049 and received a refund, before you ship the book.

Thanks

I sent this on both 6 and 7 September.

Sorry, "Kolbe Publications", just because you throw out Our Lady's name and operate under the name of my patron saint, I'm not gonna support theft.

I highly doubt Fr. Stehlin shipped off his manuscript to random publishers to print at will. If he did, then oh well.

Gardener

Kolbe Publications has emailed me again, upset that I implied they are not legitimate and that they are not able to sell the work in question.

I have told them I would ask publicly if anyone can confirm they are good to go or not and if so, I'll gladly publicly apologize.

Please let me know so I can "make it right" if I was wrong.

Kaesekopf

If they were legitimate, they wouldn't freak out but rather just post Fr Stehlin's approval notice. 

Imho

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lynne

I've never heard of a book being published concurrently by two publishers. I'd love to see if their book (Kolbe) had a separate ISBN. If it doesn't, that would indicate to me that they basically ripped off the Loreto version.

Geremia

Quote from: Gardener on September 10, 2017, 11:55:16 PMI'm not gonna support theft.
Even if they are infringing copyright, copyright infringement is not theft.
Quote from: Gardener on September 10, 2017, 11:55:16 PMI highly doubt Fr. Stehlin shipped off his manuscript to random publishers to print at will.
Why do you doubt that? He cares more about dissemination of his work than making a profit off it. That's exactly what the letter you posted here from Kolbe Pub. said.