DPRK versus USA - Coming Death Struggle

Started by King Wenceslas, July 28, 2017, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Pacebene83 on August 16, 2017, 11:16:08 AM
Well it seems the threats from North Korea  have tapered off a bit. No doubt Kim Jong Goofball has listened to his leaders,    that any hit on US would be disastrous for their  Korean Country in terms of retaliation.

Now the left wingers have   made such an idea,   President Trumps assertive warnings,  as being not true, uhhhh naturally.  North Korean Kim Jong On said tests were  paused due to climate change, excessive nimbus-stratus clouds, hi humidity, movement of polar bears and cubs on shrinking ice floes, flocks of Korean Geese migrating from North Korea to Palestine and the loss of tons of Kimshi to mealy bugs.  Again, the hesitancy on North Korean aggressive behavior is not due to President's Trumps tough rhetoric......aha, ha,ha.

Oremus.

Are you aware of the relationship between Nork saber rattling and Sino-American trade negotiations?
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Habitual_Ritual

It's almost like NK is a US controlled cats-paw in the region
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

red solo cup

Quote from: King Wenceslas on August 08, 2017, 12:55:46 PM
Hot off the press from ZH:

QuoteFirst thing this morning we reported that according to a 500-page report by the Japanese Defense Ministry, North Korea may now be in possession of a miniature nuclear warhead. That said, the report did not move the market because the Japanese report was largely inconclusive and did not claim with certainty that this is the case.

Now, moments ago, the exact same narrative escalated when the WaPo echoed what Japan said, only it now "confirms" that North Korea has successfully produced a miniaturized nuclear warhead that can fit inside its missiles, "crossing a key threshold on the path to becoming a full-fledged nuclear power, U.S. intelligence officials have concluded in a confidential assessment."

As the WaPo adds, the analysis completed last month by the Defense Intelligence Agency comes on the heels of another intelligence assessment that sharply raises the official estimate for the total number of bombs in the communist country's atomic arsenal.

"The IC [intelligence community] assesses North Korea has produced nuclear weapons for ballistic missile delivery, to include delivery by ICBM-class missiles," the assessment states, in an excerpt read to The Washington Post. The assessment's broad conclusions were verified by two U.S. officials familiar with the document. It is not yet known whether the reclusive regime has successfully tested the smaller design, although North Korean officially last year claimed to have done so.

In any case, the U.S. calculated last month that up to 60 nuclear weapons are now controlled by North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. Some independent experts believe the number of bombs is much smaller.

I don't believe DPRK could develop it's ICBMs and nuclear weapons this fast over the past few years without outside help. Dare we say China or Russia? Are they using DPRK as a surrogate to destroy the US? Stranger things have happened in this world.

Sleep tight America.

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Greg

Sounds like Saddam's weapons of mass destruction.

I don't believe that North Korea has a single nuclear weapon that they are capable of mounting on a rocket and having it explode.  That requires a great deal of expertise due to the forces, temperatures and pressures such a device is exposed to.

The worst outcome for them would be to fire a dud nuke and have it land somewhere with a thump.  Under those circumstances the gloves are off and they'd get carpet bombed by an alliance of nations while the world rejoiced.

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

dymphna17

This looks really interesting; 

N. Korea Executes 5 Senior Officials with Anti-Aircraft Guns: Seoul
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/02/27/n-korea-executes-5-senior-officials-anti-aircraft-guns-seoul.html

lFILE - In this Feb. 3, 2017 file photo, a man watches a public TV screen showing a file image of North Korea's state security minister Kim Won Hong, who had been a close to leader Kim Jong Un, at the Seoul Railway Station in South
Associated Press | 27 Feb 2017
SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea executed five senior security officials with anti-aircraft guns because they made false reports that "enraged" leader Kim Jong Un, South Korea's spy agency said Monday.

The comments by the National Intelligence Service in a private briefing to lawmakers come as Malaysia investigates the poisoning death of Kim's estranged elder half brother, Kim Jong Nam. That investigation is still going on, but South Korea says it believes Kim Jong Un ordered the assassination, which took place Feb. 13 at Kuala Lumpur's airport.

The spy agency told lawmakers that five North Korean officials in the department of recently purged state security chief Kim Won Hong were executed by anti-aircraft guns because of the false reports to Kim, South Korean lawmaker Lee Cheol Woo said. It's not clear what false reports they allegedly made, and the NIS didn't say how it got its information.

South Korean spies have a spotty record when reporting about high-level events in authoritarian, cloistered North Korea.

North Korea fired Kim Won Hong in January, presumably over corruption, abuse of power and torture committed by his agency, Seoul said earlier this month. The fallen minister had been seen as close to Kim Jong Un. North Korea has not publicly said anything about Kim Won Hong or about the alleged executions in his department.

Lee also cited the NIS as saying that Kim Won Hong's dismissal was linked to those false reports, which "enraged" Kim Jong Un when they were discovered.

Since taking power in late 2011, Kim Jong Un has reportedly executed or purged a large number of high-level government officials in what rival Seoul has called a "reign of terror."

Related Topics
Headlines North Korea Global Hot Spots Antiaircraft Guns
© Copyright 2017  Associated Press . All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

dolores

Quote from: Greg on August 17, 2017, 07:28:07 AM

I don't believe that North Korea has a single nuclear weapon that they are capable of mounting on a rocket and having it explode.  That requires a great deal of expertise due to the forces, temperatures and pressures such a device is exposed to.

The worst outcome for them would be to fire a dud nuke and have it land somewhere with a thump.  Under those circumstances the gloves are off and they'd get carpet bombed by an alliance of nations while the world rejoiced.

It's not that simple.  While I tend to agree that the North Korean nuclear and long-range missile threats are somewhat overblown, the thousands of pieces of artillery they have pointed at Seoul are not.  While they are not a threat to the US or Europe, they could devastate the South Korean capital.  Would they be stopped eventually?  Sure, but not without thousands (or more) of South Koreans dying first.

Pacebene83

Well Jake———

I think the Chinese have a monumental interest in a healthy USA economic state,  .  We owe the Chinese a great deal of money and the USA is one of China's leading trading partners,   also China copys a great deal of our technology and makes millions of tennis shoes for us.   Also N.Korea is next to China and any nuclear bombing in that vicinity would leave possible nuclear fallout   

Does that  answer solve your question?

AMDG

Pacebene83

Two reasons   N. Korea & Kim Jong Un (whatever) must consider before "acting out":  their dependency on China and the strong words of President Trump regarding a retaliation.     

AMDG

Heinrich

Quote from: dolores on August 17, 2017, 10:49:00 AM
Quote from: Greg on August 17, 2017, 07:28:07 AM

It's not that simple.  While I tend to agree that the North Korean nuclear and long-range missile threats are somewhat overblown, the thousands of pieces of artillery they have pointed at Seoul are not.  While they are not a threat to the US or Europe, they could devastate the South Korean capital.  Would they be stopped eventually?  Sure, but not without thousands (or more) of South Koreans dying first.

Why should a single American soldier lose his life protecting another country? Let them Fight it out. Keep my (probably Future SIL) Safe and my daughter sorry free. Along with the sons of Friends and the (officer) Fathers of my Students.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Jacob

Quote from: Pacebene83 on August 17, 2017, 11:13:25 AM
[...]

Look deeper.  The Red Chinese have their thumb directly on Kim and the Norks.  It's not coincidental that Kim started firing off missiles around the same time Trump intended to begin efforts under the Trade Act to punish the Red Chinese for their economic shenanigans.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Pacebene83

It's not a matter of depth but just listening to news that has mentioned daily that North Korea depends on China for its survival.  With a little bit of knowledge of the conflict, status of North Korea and China, the dependecy is quite obvious.  I think I mentioned that in post 22. 

AMDG

mikemac

It wasn't China or Russia, but it is believed that Ukraine, a supposed US ally is behind the success of North Korea's allegedly nuclear-capable ballistic missile program.

NYT Shocking Report: US "Ally" Ukraine Is Source Of North Korean Missile Engines
Aug 15, 2017
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-14/nyt-shocking-report-us-ally-ukraine-source-north-korean-missile-engines
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Heinrich

Quote from: mikemac on August 18, 2017, 01:00:11 PM
It wasn't China or Russia, but it is believed that Ukraine, a supposed US ally is behind the success of North Korea's allegedly nuclear-capable ballistic missile program.

NYT Shocking Report: US "Ally" Ukraine Is Source Of North Korean Missile Engines
Aug 15, 2017
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-14/nyt-shocking-report-us-ally-ukraine-source-north-korean-missile-engines

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l62utnMFTCI[/yt]
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

King Wenceslas

With NK back in the news.

Here are some interesting comments on ZH:

yomutti2  land_of_the_few Dec 1, 2017 12:52 PM

Engineering analysis of the Cold War standoff showed about 2% chance of accidental nuclear war per year. Even if the Norks could be as emotionally stable and as technically competent as the Soviets, (they can't) we're just not doing that with NK for the next 25 years.

shamus001  MonetaryApostate Dec 1, 2017 11:13 AM

OK. So now they have successfully tested an ICBM and it worked.  With their pomp being slung all over the place "We're ready to utterly destroy the U.S." It would behoove the U.S. (talking war strategy here) to destroy NK quickly before it can mass produce these missiles (which it is in the process of doing right now as we speak)

I respect sovereign rights of a country, but does ANYONE HERE BELIEVE that after decades of sanctions that NK is going to be nice on the playground? does anyone not believe they will be MORE ARROGANT than they previously have been in the past 30 years? What has Japan done to them in the past 30 years? I recall no hostile acts? NO.... NK is just getting started, and "peace" is NOT their objective!

Acolyte

Quote from: Laurentius on July 29, 2017, 06:43:33 AM
North Korea has a long history of failed missile tests. The mainstream media seems to just be mongering for war with North Korea by provoking fear of nuclear attack in the hearts of the American people.

Several failed tests. If North Korea launches an ICBM that would strike the United States, it would not be one they designed nor built.

Imo

Russia and China are still smuggling oil to North Korea. Think about that for a minute.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III