Author Topic: Hell: The divine salvation plan doomed from the start  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Sagradocorazon

• Vizekorporal
  • Jesu, O Jesu, in nobis miserere, in nobis miserere
  • Religion: Christian
Re: Hell: The divine salvation plan doomed from the start
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2017, 02:43:12 AM »
I honestly dont believe that most of humanity will end up in hell forever. I've even flirted with the idea of Christian Universalism, though never really accepted it. God went through so much as a man, that violent and sorrowful passion of His. Plus, this world is full of so much pain and suffering. I believe that most will end up in heaven, only after suffering in purgatory or something...I guess we will see when we die. There is a book called "The Comparative Number of the Saved and the Lost" written in 1898. The author, a priest, gives his opinion that most will be saved.  It has an imprimatur and nihil obstat, if that means anything. The book can be read on archive.org for free.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jesus, Mary I love You, save souls

Offline spasiisochrani

• Vizekorporal
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2017, 11:21:07 PM »
Thank you for the book recommendation.  I'm reading it now.

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2017, 08:41:17 PM »
My recommendation is not to guess either way.  I'm open to finding only baptized Catholics in heaven, and I'm open to finding out God found a way to save a lot of other people.  God is God, and I'm not.  Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"If what they are saying is true, the problem is not that they are the ones saying it: the problem is that we are not the ones saying it."

The following users thanked this post: Non Nobis, Lynne, Christe Eleison