Who's who IRL

Started by Obrien, August 11, 2016, 11:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miriam_M

Quote from: CaptCrunch73 on August 12, 2016, 08:02:25 AM
Bishop Tobin seems far more orthodox than Cardinal O'Malley.
Don't know the man, but it certainly is obvious that lots of people, lay and clergy, are far more orthodox than Cardinal O'Malley.

Carleendiane

I know no one, but would love to meet some IRL. I know two here met and married. How cool is that! Anyone making it to southern Mi. Is welcome to my "Den". We also have a rustic, lovely ( thanks to husband's skills) guest house with sleeping space for at least 6. We are 30 min from the border of Ohio and indiana. 
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Sockpuppet

Quote from: verenaerin on August 12, 2016, 05:47:51 AM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on August 12, 2016, 12:55:52 AM
I ain't met anyone from the current crop of SD folks.

But from old Fisheaters days I met DevotedKnuckles in Toronto and we had a Molson or two (or thirty). That was a fun night.

We should get a meetup going - hash out these debates in person  :P

Have you seen him since then? How is he? I often think of him when FE comes up.

Was DK a real person?  What was he like in person?

Sip sip

Chestertonian

my son used to call his sippy cup his "sip sip" he'd cry and go "i want my sip sip!!!!!!"
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Lynne

Quote from: Miriam_M on August 12, 2016, 08:10:13 AM
Quote from: CaptCrunch73 on August 12, 2016, 08:02:25 AM
Bishop Tobin seems far more orthodox than Cardinal O'Malley.
Don't know the man, but it certainly is obvious that lots of people, lay and clergy, are far more orthodox than Cardinal O'Malley.

lol! Amen!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Spera In Deo

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 12, 2016, 08:12:39 AM
I know no one, but would love to meet some IRL. I know two here met and married. How cool is that! Anyone making it to southern Mi. Is welcome to my "Den". We also have a rustic, lovely ( thanks to husband's skills) guest house with sleeping space for at least 6. We are 30 min from the border of Ohio and indiana.

We should meet up.  I live in Michigan too.  Grand Rapids area.
"What Catholics once were, we are. If we are wrong, then Catholics through the ages have been wrong.
We are what you once were. We believe what you once believed.
We worship as you once worshipped. If we are wrong now, you were wrong then. If you were right then, we are right now".

Robert DePiante

Carleendiane

Spera, you are about 2 hrs from me would love to meet up! Our Sundays are people days. You could attend our TLM and follow us the half hour drive home. Our Mass is in Jackson. OK. I don't want to scare you away by my enthusiastic response. If you ever want to, pm me.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

mikemac

Quote from: verenaerin on August 12, 2016, 05:47:51 AM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on August 12, 2016, 12:55:52 AM
I ain't met anyone from the current crop of SD folks.

But from old Fisheaters days I met DevotedKnuckles in Toronto and we had a Molson or two (or thirty). That was a fun night.

We should get a meetup going - hash out these debates in person  :P

Have you seen him since then? How is he? I often think of him when FE comes up.

Yeah DK would have been a fun guy to meet.  We were suppose to meet in Toronto about 4 or 5 years ago but it didn't happen.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Jacob

If anyone is buzzing along Interstate 80 and wants to stop for a meal in Iowa, PM me.  My neighborhood is right off the interstate, has its own restaurant, and is a month away from a coffee shop opening.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Obrien

I'm in Phoenix.
[/quote]

More and more curious  .   I am at OLOS (exclusively).  Though I have been considering going to OLO Sun.

rbjmartin

HK and HK's wife are close family friends. I am godfather to their firstborn.

I have met Heinrich in person. Not sure about any others.

Bernadette

I haven't met anyone...but I've mailed loads of books to various people.  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Bernadette on August 12, 2016, 11:37:10 AM
I haven't met anyone...but I've mailed loads of books to various people.  :lol:

I'm one of those.  I haven't met anyone IRL.  I've mailed stuff to a few people via swaps that we've done.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Kaesekopf

Offhand, I've met...
LouisIX, Mrs. Featherbottom, LongfellowDeeds, Lateran, Penelope (and husband), whatever G's username was, Lyubov, Hat and Beard, erin is nice (and family), VeraeFidei (and family), Curt Jester (I think), piabee, Limoncello, zork, Heinrich.  Did I miss anyone?  If I did, I am sorry!  :/
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

OCLittleFlower

Bonaventure.  And some people who know longer post -- met them during the FE days, went to their wedding, still in contact.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.