Gamergate

Started by james03, January 03, 2016, 10:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: james03 on February 09, 2016, 06:14:27 PM
Fascism from the left wing social issues side.  I also read that the SJWs are invading the Open Source Software teams.  Making everyone sign loyalty oaths to social "justice".  I wander if the ADL has been behind this assault all along.  As previously mentioned, the attack on gamers was well coordinated.  They wanted to control games because TV is dying.  Now they are after social networking.  Don't know why they are after OSS however.

And how about the Orwellian Trust and Safety Council?

Most of the elders of the Free Software and Open Source movements are former hippies who come from places like UC Berkeley.  With only a handful of exceptions, every gamer I've known over the last fifteen years has been a SJW.  The most talented hacker I've known personally is currently wearing his hair long, applying make up, and going by the feminine form of his first name.  I've lost touch with most of the people I knew in those circles, but by your description of what's happening now, it seems more like simply institutionalizing existing attitudes and forcing out any outliers rather than infiltrating groups of good and decent people.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

RedCaves

Wow, I'm surprised this kind of thing is being mentioned here.
:P
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOAJu4CrBUU[/yt]

james03

QuoteWow, I'm surprised this kind of thing is being mentioned here.

Which is why you aren't aware that Sarkeesian has just been named as the head of some Orwellian "Truth" commission at Twitter and even what the significance of that is to society at large.

Go back and read the OP.  The reason this is on a Catholic forum is not to discuss video game journalism or even Twitter, which I don't use or care about, it is to discuss how the anti-Christ left is taking over society, and the methods they employ.  Many Catholics are interested in learning about this.  If this is not impacting your job, it will soon enough.  This is not about spats on the internet, this is about the Left establishing Total Control.  I also wrote about the idea of "social credit", which is related to this topic.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

RedCaves

Quote from: james03 on February 14, 2016, 03:02:46 PM
QuoteWow, I'm surprised this kind of thing is being mentioned here.

Which is why you aren't aware that Sarkeesian has just been named as the head of some Orwellian "Truth" commission at Twitter and even what the significance of that is to society at large.

Go back and read the OP.  The reason this is on a Catholic forum is not to discuss video game journalism or even Twitter, which I don't use or care about, it is to discuss how the anti-Christ left is taking over society, and the methods they employ.  Many Catholics are interested in learning about this.  If this is not impacting your job, it will soon enough.  This is not about spats on the internet, this is about the Left establishing Total Control.  I also wrote about the idea of "social credit", which is related to this topic.

I've recently heard about that. (Sarkeesian being in control of some group regulating language on Twitter).
Heck, both her and Quinn spoke at some Women's UN group detailing their case. ("We are victims, help us"!)

That being said, I don't care much at all for the issue. I tried to understand it but quit due to the clusterf*ck of it all being reduced to some guy getting revenge on an ex-girlfriend and the whole community being ticked off that she used sex to get good reviews (which may be true or not...). And it somehow evolved into an issue of Feminism.

In the end, I just find it funny.

However, yeah, I did hear about Sarkeesian being a liar and going to unethical lengths to establish her worldview on pop culture. IT IS very disconcerting that she is that influential.

Jobwise, I don't think this I'll affect me as a guy whose into the sciences, but the worst that I could think of happening is that I may be charged for "hate speech" or "non-PC usage of language".

Bonaventure

I like how a lot of the Alt-Right seems drawn to our Faith. Those and other "Dark Enlightenment" types could use Christianization.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

The Harlequin King

You guys realize that Sarkeesian doesn't actually even like playing video games, right? That's part of what makes her whole online personality so farcical. It's like being a Tolkienologist who hates The Lord of the Rings.

james03

QuoteThat being said, I don't care much at all for the issue. I tried to understand it but quit due to the clusterf*ck
That's why I posted it under gaming, probably wrong place, but I didn't know anything about it.  I was hoping some of the gamers could fill me in, but they didn't have anymore knowledge than I did about it.   My gut was right on if you read the OP, there was something to this.  Now the lead antagonist is head of some Truth committee.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

james03

QuoteI like how a lot of the Alt-Right seems drawn to our Faith.

Yeah, I'm hanging out at the Vox Day blog, and posted a few times, interjecting the Faith.  You still get the occasional annoying atheist, but Vox is prot.

The really interesting one is a fellow that goes by the name Voosh.  He started out just writing about scamming chicks into fornication.  There is a cool video he posted where he says he's sick of it.  I've meditated a few times on sin.  I've said, "God, I know these things are wrong, and I'll follow it out of obedience, but there's more to this than just you saying Don't Do This.  You say it because you are helping us."  Anyhow, I saw the video of this guy who fornicated freely just say he was sick of it, and it blew me away, because he came to it naturally without revelation.  Pretty cool.  He's since transformed into writing about self improvement.  What these guys SENSE, but don't know, is Virtue.  I'm considering writing an article for his website pointing this out.  Too lazy right now.

The other one is Gavin Mcginness.  He's started going to Trad Mass and even joined the KoC.

Interesting times.

Kaesekopf

I think you mean Roosh?  Roush?  I forget the the spelling.  Hes interesting.  He'd make a good convert.

Good to hear on that Gavin feller.  KofC needs more good men. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 14, 2016, 11:12:41 PM
I think you mean Roosh?  Roush?  I forget the the spelling.  Hes interesting.  He'd make a good convert.

isn't he the guy that said rape should be legalized,? 
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

james03

Yes and no.  His article was in the spirit of Jonathan Swift who wrote an article advocating eating poor babies in order to eliminate poverty.  I've read excerpts from the article and Roosh (or whatever his name is) advocates women taking more responsibility for their actions, such as not getting wasted at a bar and going home with strangers.

VeraeFidei

Quote from: Chestertonian on February 14, 2016, 11:54:26 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 14, 2016, 11:12:41 PM

isn't he the guy that said rape should be legalized,?
Thanks for parroting the b.s. line taken by the disingenuous, hateful Left. He wrote a satirical article on the subject. He has clearly said he does not support rape in either the moral or legal sphere.

Ulrich Von Lichtenstein