Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Family Life / Re: Cleaning day vs. Clean a little at a time
« Last post by Perpetua on Today at 11:04:13 PM »
I clean according to how much energy I have (we're expecting again), how willing our toddler is to help out by playing and following me around and how much time I have at hand. I prioritize. Sometimes I get very into cleaning and I like doing it, but some things like doing dishes and cleaning the stove daily gets boring and I have to force myself. In general I'm a cleaning freak and perfectionist and cleaning gives me satisfaction, but I have my ups and downs. Decluttering is one of my favorite sports too. The less you own the better!
The Coffee Pot / Re: Good Morning!!
« Last post by Carleendiane on Today at 10:28:14 PM »
OK Munda, we will aim to be who God wants us to be. Nothing morr, nothing  less.
The Coffee Pot / Re: go to bed
« Last post by Carleendiane on Today at 10:26:03 PM »
Getting late. Nights are longer. Soon the leaves will drop. But not for a while yet. Tonight I wish you all a sleepful sleep, dreams of heaven, or dreams of victories over the evil one, and dreams of nature, or dreams of the Saints and your loved ones who have moved on. May wakeful moment be prayerful moments. May tomorrow be full of big and small graces that keep us in touch with our Creator and our hearts joined with His. God bless you all.
Family Life / Re: Cleaning day vs. Clean a little at a time
« Last post by Akavit on Today at 10:01:59 PM »
Clean works best as a lifestyle rather than a chore.  The easiest way to do it is to get rid of as much stuff as possible and what remains becomes easy to "systematize" so that it remains clean.  But this does not work for people who hang onto their belongings for sentimental reasons.

On that note, I should be logging into eBay and posting more stuff soon.
General Catholic Discussion / Re: St. Padre Pio
« Last post by JubilateDeo on Today at 09:24:42 PM »
https://www.catholicfreeshipping.com/My-Saint-Pio-Prayer-Booklet-p/b01l481lmw.htm

You might like this little prayer book.  I got one from our parish bookstore and it has a lot of great prayers in it, particularly if you're sick or suffering.
The Coffee Pot / Re: Good afternoon!
« Last post by Carleendiane on Today at 08:55:45 PM »
Hi, Dymphna! I see you.  :)

How do you do that?   :seeya:   8)

Just look at the bottom of the first page and it lists who is on line. I see your name and say, "I see you Dymphna!" It's that simple. You should try it. Probably creeps people out when I do that. Maybe I shouldnt.
General Catholic Discussion / Re: St. Padre Pio
« Last post by christulsa on Today at 08:22:53 PM »
Some More Little Interesting Things about St. Padre Pio because He's now one of my Favorite Saints and I'm Home Alone Tonight on a Friday Night

When he entered the monastery as a teenager, his mother gave him a large, oval painting of Our Lady, which was like a treasure how poor they were.

Later he did not use it in his own cell because he wanted to live as poorly as possible, but when he became more and more sick, his superior insisted he hang it in his cell, which he did out of obedience.

He hung it at the foot of his bed, and looked at it every night saying the rosary in order to fall asleep.

The stigmata, and every illness he acquired, is something he never asked for.  He was just trying to be a simple monk following the Rule.

But he said if he was given the choice, he would say Mass all day long, because that is where he suffered the most for God and others.

His daily Masses often took two hours not on purpose, but because he would experience long ecstasies.

He experienced ecstasies since being a child.  He might suddenly go into a trance that would last an hour and no one could wake him from it.  But while in a trance at Mass, he was still fully aware what he was doing at the altar.

One day he was talking to a visitor in German (he never stufied German) and his friend was visiting and listening but didn't know German himself.  Padre Pio asked him if he wanted to join in the cinversation, and suddenly the man was talking in German.

Padre Pio's personality was constantly full of humor.  He would always make light of situation.  People described him as an "elf."

Everyday when he met the crowds, he handed out blessed holy medals.

Every night at dusk, he went to his window and waved a handkerchief saying good night to pilgrims, including the night he died, knowing in advance he was going to die that night.

Unlike most monks, he usually slept in his habit.

But the night of his death he was in bed in his night gown.  An hour before dying, he put back on his habit and sat in his chair, went to confession, and closed his eyes praying.  His last words he kept repeating were "Jesus, Mary" until he stopped breathing and peacefully passed away (apparently from a heart attack).
Ask a Traditionalist / Re: How do we know who to listen to?
« Last post by Non Nobis on Today at 04:23:29 PM »
This is especially true if it is a PRIEST who we trust - God will blame the priest and not us if he leads us astray.
I keep hearing this, even from priests, but where exactly does this teaching come from? How do we know it isn't just some novelty?

Additionally, what about when our priests are possibly compounding our sins, and are possibly preventing us from returning to a state of grace? Even if this is the priest's fault, without grace if we die then we go to hell.

We need to take DUE CARE when listening to a single priest - especially in this day and age.  God could blame us if we take no care. But we can have VERY MUCH MORE trust because God gives us priests for the purpose of directing us. God will blame us much less and the priest much more if the priest does not fulfill this purpose.

Mortal sin requires your knowledge of the gravity of an action, and intention.  If a priest misguides you, then you do not have the needed knowledge (unless you knew the priest was wrong, and were just "taking advantage" of his bad advice). It is IMPOSSIBLE for a priest to make you sin.  If you are sorry for ALL your mortal sins (whatever your understanding of them individually), the priest forgives all of them, even if he falsely tells you that one is not objectively grave.  If you personally think it is a mortal sin, be sorry for it, and the priest will forgive it even if he forbids you to confess it, or misguides you. YOU WILL BE RETURNED TO THE STATE OF GRACE.

If a priest who you know is traditionalist tells you something is not a mortal sin, but you feel certain that it is, be sorry for it,  but REALIZE that the priest is PROBABLY right, because he knows more about sin than you do. As far as actions in the future go, since the priest has told you that something is not objectively mortal, then you do not KNOW that it is, and so there is no personal mortal sin. Whatever else you do, DON'T WORRY.

Note that it is "not a good thing" to do what is objectively wrong (grave matter), regardless of your knowledge or intention. If a stupid, evil priest tells an ignorant Catholic he only needs to go to Mass once in a while, it is objectively a "bad thing" that the Catholic misses Mass most of the time.  But if the Catholic learns better (and learns about sin), he doesn't have to worry himself sick because he cannot go to confession yet. He has not sinned mortally, because the priest misguided him. And he doesn't have to worry himself sick that some other better priest he finds will do the same thing.

Above all, trust in God.  I am no one to judge, but my impression is that you are not doing this, but rather relying on your own intellect rather than God. You worry endlessly and that is a VERY bad sign. Perhaps it is also pride that makes you so anxious that you might make a mistake, by not "catching" that something is objectively mortal. God does not condemn us for mistakes, but rather forgives ALL sins in confession if we are sincere. HE RETURNS US TO THE STATE OF GRACE.

I think these things are just reasonable conclusions from what I know as a Catholic, and do not need endless research to prove (and perhaps I wrote too much). Even if I am wrong in some particular, what I do know with absolute certainty is: Trust in God.

:pray2:
"I think maybe it's both.  Both at the same time."  - Forrest Gump
The Coffee Pot / Re: Good Morning
« Last post by dymphna17 on Today at 03:45:59 PM »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovebug

Most annoying little bugs.  I've come to the conclusion that purgatory will be filled with them.  But, on the plus side, my cloth diapers are nice and fresh, and stark white again.  A good day in the sun is just what they needed.  I have two more loads out there to bring back in.  They rain hasn't come, yet, and the clothes should be dry by now.  Although, the forecast now has the rain moved to Sunday, instead.  We shall see if we get an afternoon shower or not. It's been a wet summer, which has been nice, really.  I'll go get the clothes after I get the little kids to nap.

Such a good wife, mother, and TRADITIONAL  :) Catholic! Munda, you are what we all shoot for. Really.

You're too kind.  But, please, the last thing this world needs is more of me  ;D.  Aim to be who God wants YOU to be  :)

See, you are right Carleen.  Munda even takes a compliment like a good Traditional Catholic Wife and Mother.   :thumbsup:   ;) 8)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10