Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General News and Discussion / Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
« Last post by Chestertonian on Today at 02:47:18 PM »
I think what a lot of feminists need is the love of a decent man to simmer down their inner anger and I think Prince Harry is a decent man

except for the whole heretic and schismatic part
General Catholic Discussion / Re: SSPX?
« Last post by queen.saints on Today at 02:46:49 PM »
Fr. Jenkins is the kindest man in the world. Anybody who derides him only makes himself look bad and highlights Fr. Jenkins' superiority.
The Natural Sciences / Re: Are Octopi Aliens?
« Last post by Jayne on Today at 02:46:43 PM »
Speaking of aliens, this reminds me of a Vulcan ship uncloaking.

Vulcan ships don't have cloaking devices.  Perhaps you meant Romulan.

This is exactly what I was thinking and would have posted already but I was trying to hold back.

Maybe we are just fated to be distracted from talking about octopodes.  Or maybe, they don't want us to talk about this.  Maybe they have some way to control us.   :o
« Last post by Jayne on Today at 02:43:17 PM »
I liked her dress.
« Last post by Miriam_M on Today at 02:42:15 PM »
"Vitriol?"  I don't think it's "vitriol" to point out that she has political agendas (more than one), and that marriage to such a prominent world figure provides her with a built-in platform, a platform which has been revealed on many, many occasions, but which included her wedding.
« Last post by Asbury Fox on Today at 02:29:00 PM »
I for one give Meghan the benefit of the doubt in her sincerity. I don't get the vitriol and don't think she's a goldigger or doing it for the purpose of power. They did date for about a year and a half. Wasn't something quick. I also believe her high school teachers when they talked about her character.
The Coffee Pot / Re: It's alive (treadle sewing machine)
« Last post by jovan66102 on Today at 02:12:59 PM »
Both my Mum and my Gran had those. Mum's was a fancy one in that the works would fold down, making a tabletop. Gran's was basic. A wooden cover for the works when it was not in use.
« Last post by Chestertonian on Today at 01:55:10 PM »
i've always been more of a romantic at heart... maybe the Prince just really...i don't know...loves her?  why are we saying he's a "whipped soy boy" for acting the way most men do on their wedding days.  hell, i serenaded my wife with my own rendition of "I Walk the Line" at the reception. 

as for marrying a celebrity, that's the American substitute for royalty.  And there certainly is a "dynastic" tradition among "celebs" and even our politicians, from the Kennedys, to the Kardashian jenner empire.  At least he didnt marry a kardashian so there can be two "mothers of the bride" :lol:  But have you ever seen American politicians sending their young sons to fly helicopters into Iraq and Afghanistan the way the british royal family does?

i was talking about my wife who was feeling sad because this is the sort of thing she'd be covering at work if she were back at work, and she wishes she could be there seeing the whole thing in detail instead of catching a glimpse of the wedding here and there on TV.  She was saying how she loved the fact that you could see her freckles and the "bare skin" look is "so hot right now" which i think she said to make herself feel better because she hates that the hospital doesnt allow makeup.  My wife is obsessedwith this stuff called Glossier and said that was the aasaesthetic

aside from the fact that they're all a bunch of heretics and schismatics i dont see why we should rip them apart and assume the absolute worst of them.
The Coffee Pot / Re: It's alive (treadle sewing machine)
« Last post by Lynne on Today at 01:45:46 PM »
Yay! Those things are work horses.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10