Favourite Novus Ordo Episodes

Started by Vetus Ordo, April 22, 2018, 02:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Maximilian on April 22, 2018, 04:33:56 PM
Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on April 22, 2018, 03:57:26 PM

We're in an area now where the priests are younger and much more conservative, so what a difference in reverence as the old hippie guard is retiring. What a pendulum swing, at least, in this diocese.   

The 2 N.O. funerals that I attended were in 2 different dioceses separated by 400 miles and with very different reputations. But the 2 funerals were nearly identical in nearly identical church buildings that had little resemblance to a Catholic church.

I've been told someone was exhorted to attend many archdiocesan Masses to "see the liturgical diversity of the Archdiocese."

99% of them all do the same low-effort shitty NO that is at 99.9999% of every bland building with the name "Catholic" outside.  :lol: 

To be so delusional!
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

abc123

Two episodes come to mind:

1. During the opening verses that alternate between priest and congregation(I forget the proper name) the priest says: "Lord Jesus, You play by the same rules we play by" People: "Lord, have mercy."

2. Was at a wedding and my than 5 year old whispers "Is this a Catholic church?" He had only ever been to the TLM.

Prayerful

Quote from: abc123 on April 27, 2018, 02:00:27 PM

1. During the opening verses that alternate between priest and congregation(I forget the proper name) the priest says: "Lord Jesus, You play by the same rules we play by" People: "Lord, have mercy."

2. Was at a wedding and my than 5 year old whispers "Is this a Catholic church?" He had only ever been to the TLM.

Those bidding prayers, or whatever they're called, are maximal cringe, but the 'post Communion reflection' is a strong competitor. I honestly get why many abandon the faith, if all they experience is the NOM.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

aquinas138

Quote from: Prayerful on April 27, 2018, 04:27:47 PM
Quote from: abc123 on April 27, 2018, 02:00:27 PM

Those bidding prayers, or whatever they're called, are maximal cringe, but the 'post Communion reflection' is a strong competitor. I honestly get why many abandon the faith, if all they experience is the NOM.

Ugh. The NO parish nearest us never fails to ask God for a "blessed" Passover/Hanukkah/Purim/Ramadan/Eid whatever whatever for any number of non-Catholics and non-Christians.
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.