TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archer

Quote from: OCLittleFlower on August 03, 2013, 09:27:40 PM
America's Got Talent is the main one now.

Talk about a show that went down the toilet.  I can't stand the judges much less the ridiculousness that passes for "talent". 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Archer

Currently the only shows we're watching is the Next Food Network Star and random episodes of Agatha Christie's Poirot on youtube. 

Shows we're waiting for the next season of...

Sherlock
Downton Abbey
Person of Interest
Blue Bloods
White Collar
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Jayne

We don't have cable but I  watch some things online or on DVD.  I expect that I will watch Legend of Korra, since I watched the previous season and all of A:TLA.  It was a great show.  I have been watching Continuum, but am not sure if will keep going.  I will probably watch Sherlock, Person of Interest, and Elementary, since I watched their previous seasons.

My youngest son (age 12) asked me to watch Doctor Who with him and we started near the beginning of the summer.  We have watched a few classic episodes and are systematically going through the new ones starting from 2005.  We are up to 2010 now.  So we will probably be ready to join in when the next season starts in November.  We aren't just watching.  We are reading up on background and analysis and memorizing trivia.  We have contests to see who can name all the Doctor actors fastest.  Everyone else is pretty busy this summer so DW has been "our thing".

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: Archer on August 04, 2013, 07:33:17 AM
Quote from: OCLittleFlower on August 03, 2013, 09:27:40 PM
America's Got Talent is the main one now.

Talk about a show that went down the toilet.  I can't stand the judges much less the ridiculousness that passes for "talent".

Yeah, a lot of the people suck.  I'm hoping this bodes well for my friend and the rest of her act.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Habitual_Ritual

Quote from: Spooky on August 02, 2013, 12:32:15 PM
We've been watching the Regular Show non-stop lately. Yeah-ya!

That was lol-tastic!
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Habitual_Ritual

Ye...Breaking bad is also awesome and Hell on Wheels has some merit too.

Netflix has a slew of good documentaries. I just watched one on Rome's most famous gladiator.
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Der Kaiser

Quote from: Habitual_Ritual on August 04, 2013, 12:55:11 PM
Ye...Breaking bad is also awesome

I can't seem to get into this one. It is the most popular show out there and I just can't finish it. It is my secret shame.
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

piabee

OCLittleFlower

Oh, and my hubby and the dog like to watch Too Cute and The Dog Whisperer together.  Seriously, the dog likes TV, but only when there is a dog on the screen.  Cats?  Piglets?  Baby rabbits?  Zzzzzz.  Dog?  Ears up, eyes tracking all movement.

The Harlequin King

Quote from: OCLittleFlower on August 04, 2013, 06:54:31 PM
Oh, and my hubby and the dog like to watch Too Cute and The Dog Whisperer together.  Seriously, the dog likes TV, but only when there is a dog on the screen.  Cats?  Piglets?  Baby rabbits?  Zzzzzz.  Dog?  Ears up, eyes tracking all movement.

That's awesome. I need to figure out how to get my dog to like TV dogs.

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: The Harlequin King on August 04, 2013, 06:55:22 PM
Quote from: OCLittleFlower on August 04, 2013, 06:54:31 PM

That's awesome. I need to figure out how to get my dog to like TV dogs.

Do you have an HDTV or a tube TV?  Because their eyes don't actually see the picture on an old style TV correctly.

The Harlequin King

Quote from: OCLittleFlower on August 04, 2013, 06:56:24 PM
Do you have an HDTV or a tube TV?  Because their eyes don't actually see the picture on an old style TV correctly.

An HDTV. The old cathode-ray tubes are forbidden from my house on pain of excommunication.

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: The Harlequin King on August 04, 2013, 06:57:29 PM
Quote from: OCLittleFlower on August 04, 2013, 06:56:24 PM

An HDTV. The old cathode-ray tubes are forbidden from my house on pain of excommunication.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just checkin.

Next question -- are you a directv customer?  Because they have a free trial of dogtv right now -- I'm wondering if other dogs like it because mine seems to prefer the Dog Whisperer and Too Cute.

The Harlequin King

Quote from: OCLittleFlower on August 04, 2013, 06:58:52 PM
Next question -- are you a directv customer?  Because they have a free trial of dogtv right now -- I'm wondering if other dogs like it because mine seems to prefer the Dog Whisperer and Too Cute.

I'm not. My girlfriend introduced me to clips of Too Cute on Youtube, but my dog didn't seem to take notice of them onscreen.