My First Day On Nicotine Patches

Started by Acolyte, December 03, 2015, 03:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acolyte

Addiction is an illness, so I'd like to ask my fellow Lourdes group members to pray for my success in my attempt to cease smoking.

It's day one on the patch and lozenges the doctor gave me. So far so good. I've lit 4 cigarettes, but just held them.

In Christ,
Charles
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Mattock

For now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that doth not yield good fruit, shall be cut down, and cast into the fire.

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

dymphna17

Good job!  One minute at a time!  You can do this!   :pray3: :grouphug:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Acolyte

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

MundaCorMeum

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Jayne

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

red solo cup

The patch worked for me.  :pray2:  And good luck.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Armor of Light

:pray2:

And, good luck! Take lots of naps to pass the time. 48 hours and you'll be free!!
If thou wilt receive profit, read with humility, simplicity, and faith, and seek not at any time the fame of being learned.

Thomas à Kempis

Michael Wilson

My prayers. Three of my siblings were able to give up smoking through prayer.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

zork

:pray1: :pray2:

ETA: Sorry, I just noticed this was a group-specific thread. I won't post here again, but I'll be praying for Acolyte's success anyway.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.