Celebrities Encourage Donations to Planned Parenthood in Mike Pence’s Name.

Started by Jayne, November 14, 2016, 07:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

Quoteby ERICKA ANDERSEN   November 14, 2016 4:58 PM

Celebrities are encouraging their fans to make donations to Planned Parenthood in the name of Vice President–elect Mike Pence. Katy Perry, Amy Schumer, Amber Rose, and others have all posted the following message on social media: [...]

You can criticize politicians fairly for a lot of things, but the hateful rhetoric aimed at pro-lifers always stuns me. Pence, myself, and a vast number of Americans believe life has value at every stage. It's not hateful or controlling. It's not about anger or hating women. It's about the basic understanding and belief that life ("the existence of an individual human being. . .") scientifically does begin at conception — and that all human life has value. 

A few other definitions of "life": 
The quality that distinguishes a vital and functional being from a dead body (Merriam-Webster)

One or more aspects of the process of living (Merriam-Webster)

The condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.  (Oxford)

So you can believe abortion is an acceptable choice. But you can't say so and also claim to respect and value life for it's inherent worth. And you can donate to Planned Parenthood, the nation's largest abortion provider, in the name of Mike Pence. Or you can try to help women in crisis pregnancies know that abortion, thought it may always be legal, is not the only option. 
Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/442177/celebrities-encourage-donations-planned-parenthood-mike-pences-name-they-dont-get-it?utm_source=nr&utm_medium=facebook%3Futm_content%3Dandersen%3Futm_campaign%3Dpence
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Jayne

Why don't all these celebrities, who pride themselves on how anti-racist they are, understand how racist abortion is?  Unborn black lives are targeted the most.  Why don't those black lives matter?

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

maryslittlegarden

Works both ways. I'd love to see donations to a pro life cause in Hilary's name.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

JackoPaul

So called Celebs should stick to what they know best, entertaining (yes that's very debatable). They shouldn't use their influence and tell the brain dead how to vote. Most of them are not very intelligent themslves and have no real talent often only just good looks. They just jump on the bandwagon and are looking for free publicity and more ways of making cash.

For years I was a Springsteen fan and went to many concerts, now I cant even listen to his music. That's ever since he supported Obama and Roe Vs Wade